• Andrew Johnson

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Woodrow Wilson

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Carter had the nerve to doubt Israel and he couldn't get those hostages back.
*reads wiki*
He also brazenly set up the Dept of Education, clearly an evil act of big govt mind-control plans.
Here are some more polls.

Mage246 said:
Nixon doesn't rank anywhere close to the worst. He did some really bad things, but he also accomplished a lot more things of worth than some Presidents.

I'd vote for Buchanan. A do-nothing when action was needed.
Can you elaborate some more for us non-Americans?

MadVader said:
Carter had the nerve to doubt Israel and he couldn't get those hostages back.
*reads wiki*
He also brazenly set up the Dept of Education, clearly an evil act of big govt mind-control plans.
Here are some more polls.

Mage246 said:
Nixon doesn't rank anywhere close to the worst. He did some really bad things, but he also accomplished a lot more things of worth than some Presidents.

I'd vote for Buchanan. A do-nothing when action was needed.
Can you elaborate some more for us non-Americans?

Didn't do all that much to prevent a war with a death toll of 600,000.

Edit Around 600,000, actual number is debatable.

Edit: Talking about Buchanan

MadVader said:
Is that James Buchanan for failing to prevent the Civil War, or Pat Buchanan, your future president, for starting the Second Civil War?

The next Civil War will be fought between man and apes, Pat Buchanan will be our first ape president.

Maybe so, but we've already had Uncurious George Jr. as our first monkey president.

Polk, Tried to conquer Mexico and would have if not for the diplomat signing the treaty of Guadalupe having better sense. Sponsored private invasions of Columbia.
Nearly went to war with the UK over British Columbia.

Mage246 said:
Maybe so, but we've already had Uncurious George Jr. as our first monkey president.
That is such an unfair statement. You have no idea if he's curious or not.

I am aware of what Curious George is.
Just for the record.

rebelsquirrell said:
Mage246 said:

Monkeys are not apes.  See chart

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primate

That's exactly my poinr.if I thought that monkeys were apes, I would have called him our first ape President. But I clearly said monkey.

Mage246 said:
rebelsquirrell said:
Mage246 said:

Monkeys are not apes.  See chart

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primate

That's exactly my poinr.if I thought that monkeys were apes, I would have called him our first ape President. But I clearly said monkey.

Ah, I see.

Devercia said:
Polk, Tried to conquer Mexico and would have if not for the diplomat signing the treaty of Guadalupe having better sense.

:???:

Polk agreed to ratify the treaty, despite opposition among his own party. Diplomats do not have the power to turn a treaty into a foreign policy. That is the President's job. He could have conquered Mexico if he had wanted to (something that many members from within his own party were calling for). I don't really see why he's on the list. Among historians, he's widely regarded as one of our better presidents, in so far as he was able to accomplish a majority of his stated election campaign promises (foreign expansion being one of them). I have to admire a president who accomplishes his stated goals and then proceeds to leave office after serving a single term.

Also, why isn't Ulysses S. Grant on this list? No President has ever been plagued by as many scandals as the former Civil War hero.  :???:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_S._Grant_presidential_administration_scandals

Also, Andrew Johnson. You should add him. I doubt we've ever had a president who was more incapable of working with Congress than Johnson.

Personally, I don't believe that any of the presidents you have listed could be honestly considered as the worst president in American history.

Moose! said:
Devercia said:
Polk, Tried to conquer Mexico and would have if not for the diplomat signing the treaty of Guadalupe having better sense.

:???:

Polk agreed to ratify the treaty, despite opposition among his own party. Diplomats do not have the power to turn a treaty into a foreign policy. That is the President's job. He could have conquered Mexico if he had wanted to (something that many members from within his own party were calling for). I don't really see why he's on the list. Among historians, he's widely regarded as one of our better presidents, in so far as he was able to accomplish a majority of his stated election campaign promises (foreign expansion being one of them). I have to admire a president who accomplishes his stated goals and then proceeds to leave office after serving a single term.

Also, why isn't Ulysses S. Grant on this list? No President has ever been plagued by as many scandals as the former Civil War hero.  :???:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_S._Grant_presidential_administration_scandals

Also, Andrew Johnson. You should add him. I doubt we've ever had a president who was more incapable of working with Congress than Johnson.

Personally, I don't believe that any of the presidents you have listed could be honestly considered as the worst president in American history.

Johnson was timid true, but he did have to deal with the post war massively powerful congress frothing at the mouth for revenge.

Back
Top Bottom