SP - General Worst crossbow in shops requires 20 crossbow skill

Users who are viewing this thread

So if I start a campaign with less than 20 crossbow skill is there any way for me to equip a crossbow and improve my skill? There needs to be a crossbow that can be equipped by someone with no skill so they can learn. "Sorry son, you don't have enough skill to pick up a crossbow, therefore you can never learn to use one". This needs to change.

Well, if I don't have enough skill to use a crossbow, how can I use one in a tournament? It doesn't make sense. Also, if that is the only way to learn crossbow, then that is just dumb. Back to the original point that there needs to be a crossbow I can use in the world, not just in tournaments. Thanks for the reply though.

Well, if I don't have enough skill to use a crossbow, how can I use one in a tournament? It doesn't make sense. Also, if that is the only way to learn crossbow, then that is just dumb. Back to the original point that there needs to be a crossbow I can use in the world, not just in tournaments. Thanks for the reply though.

I think the game actually does a pretty good job with that at least lorewise, as you cannot go to battles to test weapons. And forces you to go to the training field or to practice fight in Vlandia's Arenas so that you may learn how to use them. I think all bows and crossbows should have at least 10 of skill to be able to take them to battle, since in real liffe if you wanted to learn how to shoot a bow in the midle of a battle you would get wrecked.

But I understand that from a point of view of multiple playtroughs, It can be a bit of a grind (that can be easily overcomed with a few points in character creation.)

If you set 2 focus points during character creation, you'll tsart with 20 crossbow points. Otherwise in beta (don't know the other branch) you'll find enough light crossbows with 0 skill requirement if you fight armies with crossbow troops.

also i hope they are gonna fix so you get crossbow skill by using ballista not bow

I think the game actually does a pretty good job with that at least lorewise, as you cannot go to battles to test weapons. And forces you to go to the training field or to practice fight in Vlandia's Arenas so that you may learn how to use them. I think all bows and crossbows should have at least 10 of skill to be able to take them to battle, since in real liffe if you wanted to learn how to shoot a bow in the midle of a battle you would get wrecked.

But I understand that from a point of view of multiple playtroughs, It can be a bit of a grind (that can be easily overcomed with a few points in character creation.)
Well, you could say that about any weapon though. The point is that there are bows that require 0 skill to use, and you can buy yourself one and then work on your bow skill; you don't have to kill a bandit that was using one to get one.

Back
Top Bottom