Resolved Scene Editor Worldmap node rendering bug 1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.6.5
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Modded
In game on 1.6.5 a visual bug results in occasional failures to render a node, exposing the sea level system below ground as per this screen shot:
rDe4P.jpg
Just swivelling the camera restores correct rendering as per the next screenshot:
kIRJA.jpg
This bug is disconcerting and immersion breaking. Each time there is a clean straight edge break in rendering at node boundaries as illustrated by this second screenshot:
osLEw.jpg
Again, swivelling the camera restores correct rendering as per the next screenshot:
W7VAt.jpg
If this bug is limited to modded Main_map's it may relate to the absence of editor tools to create modded compressed shader caches - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/worldmap-compressed_shader_cache.445300/post-9725807 - or it may be unrelated.

Fixed a bug that caused terrain nodes to only be visible from certain angles and distances on newly
Unfortunately, I'm still getting these problems on 1.7.0.
As per this screenshot:
s4K6i.jpg

BTW I'm advised that the fix appears to work on normal mission scenes. I don't know why that doesn't work on campaign maps like mine unless the terrain level of the nearest camera node is determined from main_map_physics_heightmap as opposed to the actual scene.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom