• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Resolved Scene Editor Worldmap node rendering bug 1.6.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.6.5
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Modded

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
In game on 1.6.5 a visual bug results in occasional failures to render a node, exposing the sea level system below ground as per this screen shot:
rDe4P.jpg
Just swivelling the camera restores correct rendering as per the next screenshot:
kIRJA.jpg
This bug is disconcerting and immersion breaking. Each time there is a clean straight edge break in rendering at node boundaries as illustrated by this second screenshot:
osLEw.jpg
Again, swivelling the camera restores correct rendering as per the next screenshot:
W7VAt.jpg
If this bug is limited to modded Main_map's it may relate to the absence of editor tools to create modded compressed shader caches - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/worldmap-compressed_shader_cache.445300/post-9725807 - or it may be unrelated.

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
Fixed a bug that caused terrain nodes to only be visible from certain angles and distances on newly
Unfortunately, I'm still getting these problems on 1.7.0.
As per this screenshot:
s4K6i.jpg

BTW I'm advised that the fix appears to work on normal mission scenes. I don't know why that doesn't work on campaign maps like mine unless the terrain level of the nearest camera node is determined from main_map_physics_heightmap as opposed to the actual scene.

Last edited:

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Thanks. I look forward to that fix.
EDIT - I can confirm this was corrected by the 29/12/21 Hotfix to 1.7.0 :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom