World War Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Jec94227

Master Knight
So yeah. Great book and all,  loved it, but then I found an interesting detail in one of those movie theater magazines, just after an article on how Matt Daemon is 40 years old(Two pages of article about a birthday, ffs)

They are making a movie.

Starring Brad Pitt.

Well, he was half decent in Inglorious Basterds. I bought the book though I'm yet to read it: school reading gets on the way.

I read this book when it came out, and it was the super-awesomest ever.  They better not **** up the movie.  Anyway, it's been in pre-production for like a year now, I'm not optimistic it will ever happen.

Zollum said:
Does the book make sense without the one before it?

The books have nothing really connected really.

The Zombie Survival Guide is a pseudo-survival guide in dealing with zombies, it explains the nature of the virus and how it works but that's all really the context you'd get out of it.

World War Z is a collection of stories from several "witnesses" of the zombie outbreak, an excellent book.

Captain Pyjama Shark said:
Russian priest.
Must admit..

The visual image of a dishevelled Orthodox priest clutching the bible in one hand and a gun in the other, stalking out into the cold and shooting several zombies in the face made me nod in approval.

The British fellow was bloody silly though.

The French dude was cool of course.

Yeah I think he should have written the British guy more normally, not in the "Oh sorry, pardon me" type of way.  Though to be fair we do do that.  At least I do.

That I could handle. It's the fact that Britain's only survivors seem to be ultra-monarchist LARPers. And that he thinks every sodding hill has a functioning castle built on top of it.

yeah it kinda weirded me out how he was still carrying around a sword.  Got a bit larpy for me too there.  Though the monarchy rox fer sure, i thought that was a kinda cool message for the book.

If you say so. You know as well as I do they'd be long gone at the first sign of trouble, though. Or hiding out in a heavily fortified country estate, chumming it up with the rest of the aristocracy, hunting down zombies and stray peasants. On horse back. With red coats and bugles.

Which on reflection would be pretty bloody awesome.

Back
Top Bottom