World War 1: Warfronts

Users who are viewing this thread

Quick note i've added screenshots of a low poly Lee Enfield MKII and a quite frankly rubbish Brodie Helmet under the images section, both are being worked on but i figured i should show you at least some progress.

Radetzky said:
Good luck, always WWI enthusiast, although would prefer to see something different than late western front for once..

There's always someone that says they would rather see something else. How patronizing for the makers of the game.

Radetzky said:
Good luck, always WWI enthusiast, although would prefer to see something different than late western front for once..
We debated quite a lot over which front we should choose, but the western front won in the end. If we do manage to get this done to a good standard we'll start on the eastern as an expansion pack(free of course).

This will probably make me sound like an arse;

Looking at the Lee-Enfield model you have there, it appears to be moddelled from an MKIV. Which was used in World War 2.

MKII rifles used magazines aswell. The MKIV uses 2 clips of 5 .303 bullets.
(I expect that the magazine on the MKII contained 10 bullets, I'm not sure about that though)

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, I'm just fussy  :smile:

Metalhead259 said:
This will probably make me sound like an arse;

Looking at the Lee-Enfield model you have there, it appears to be moddelled from an MKIV. Which was used in World War 2.

MKII rifles used magazines aswell. The MKIV uses 2 clips of 5 .303 bullets.
(I expect that the magazine on the MKII contained 10 bullets, I'm not sure about that though)

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, I'm just fussy  :smile:
We have multiple references of a Lee Enfield MKII, but there is a chance that one of those is a MkIV. I will double check with my modeller and make sure that it is the right rifle just to be sure, thank you for spotting that if that is the case and it is a MkIV.

EDIT: Just confirmed with my modeller and yes he has been using the wrong reference, thank you very much for pointing that out.

I have some sad news, Twilights mental health has deteriorated to the point where she no longer wishes to participate in the construction of this game and has left the team to pursue her own concept by herself.

Because of this modelling has been cut back severely and pushed any form of release date even further forward. So i apologise if this thread goes for long periods of time without any signs of progress, we are working very hard on this but with the loss of a very talented modeller and a friend it has taken a heavy toll on the team.

Please don't let this mod die, I have seen heaps of WW1 mods do that. I'm sure this will be a huge success, I currently belong to a regiment in Napoleonic wars and our leader hosts several popular Australian servers. If this is a private alpha would you be able to let me help test it, I can also talk to my leader about setting up a trial server? I can get a lot of people to test this out, please message me sometime about this cause I would like to talk to you about this mod. We can also help with creating WW1 maps.

EDIT: I also do World War 1 re-enactments and my role is an Australian soldier, I'd be really happy if you could bring in them and the Turks. We have also created a Gallipoli map for Napoleonic wars which would be really suited for this WW1 mod. I also can send you pictures of my Lee Enfield .303 too create a better model of it.

Just thought i'd let you know that coding MP is rather easy in Unity. So good luck with it.

I am really looking forward to this mod. Wishing you guys good luck and don't give up! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom