Users who are viewing this thread

Damij_

Recruit
Finding it hard to get concise and relevant information on re-texturing the world map. Can a kind soul point me in the right direction?

I'm currently using Cartographer/Blender. I aim to give the 'plains' grassland and 'snow forest' a complete retexture (thus changing their appearance in game) but can't get a grip on how this is done. I can change where these are placed but not their actual appearance.

Thanks in advance...

Solution
If you want to change the textures used on the world map as opposed to rearranging terrain tiles, you need to modify the dds texture files used by the world map materials. World map materials are contained within materials.brf in Warband’s CommonRes folder. The map_plain material for example uses the plain.dds diffuse texture, dry_bump_grass.dds normal-map and map_shader_bump shader. Both plain.dds and dry_bump_grass.dds are loaded by the CommonRes file textures.brf. Both dds files are held in Warband’s Textures folder.
To substitute your own textures, you need to move a copy of materials.brf from CommonRes to your mod’s Resource folder. Change module.ini from load_resource = materials to load_mod_resource = materials (so the game loads...
We run into the same problem of lack of documentation- Blood runs but refuses to import. Thorgrims CTDs with cryptic error messages.

Upvote 0
Both are still getting used in the modding community so you should give more details at what is not working and which error messages you get. You can also search in the threads of those two tools to see if others have had similar problems and what the solution was.

Upvote 0
If you want to replace those parts of the map with a different territory you need a map editor.
You can also try to edit only the respective texture files for these fields. 'Snow Forest' is however not a standalone since that one just adds trees to the snow texture.

Upvote 0
If you want to change the textures used on the world map as opposed to rearranging terrain tiles, you need to modify the dds texture files used by the world map materials. World map materials are contained within materials.brf in Warband’s CommonRes folder. The map_plain material for example uses the plain.dds diffuse texture, dry_bump_grass.dds normal-map and map_shader_bump shader. Both plain.dds and dry_bump_grass.dds are loaded by the CommonRes file textures.brf. Both dds files are held in Warband’s Textures folder.
To substitute your own textures, you need to move a copy of materials.brf from CommonRes to your mod’s Resource folder. Change module.ini from load_resource = materials to load_mod_resource = materials (so the game loads your revised file). Edit the map materials within your mod’s materials.brf to use different dds files. Those different dds files will need to be held in your mod’s Textures folder and imported as new textures into your materials.brf for the game to find them.
You will need OpenBRF to look inside Warband’s brf files and edit them. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...in-info-latest-ver-0-0-82e-19-jun-2016.72279/

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom