World map of M&B

Users who are viewing this thread

That part of the map might be where the vlandians came from. (Speculation) Cause it was mentioned that they weren't from the current map we are playing on.
Hmmm could be true but a bunch of feudal bois from the America region doesn't seem right to me, maybe it could be inhabited by very tribal people(aztecs/mayans) but what I think could be the case is the island in the middle of Calradia and the America looking continent which would make more sense to me as its closer to Calradia and also the small islands would act as a staging ground for a migration/quick access to Calradia with a couple of relativly short oversea trips and each trip would restock at each island.

If they had developed ideas properly, we would have seen them in the game. There are no profound dialogs and lore which are different from Warband. Perhaps, they will add these to the game later, but I think they had better be faster to add lore and dialogs(I hope). Maybe the part of other maps come with dlc and we go to that area through the loading screens.

Last edited:
Thing is, if the map was this big, a lot of CPUs would choke and we'd require around 12GB of RAM. I'd love to play on the full map, though...
Maybe have it as separate maps that you can travel too. Hell they might add an invasion mechanic of you bringing your previous kingdoms army over to the new map to conquer, an option to higher a ship/caravan to travel with a small party to one of the new maps, or have an option to start fresh. Lots of potential for future DLC.

From the early access page:

"Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access."

My take away on that is if they haven't even finished making unique maps for the current campaign area this would be a long way off. As others have pointed out I'm sure they have plans for future expansions though.

IIRC the devs said they already have plans for other games after Bannerlord. I am pretty sure they would expand the lore by making some story based games in the world of calradia. I mean...noone would create such a big map and world just for one game. They might make games like Dragon Age but in the world of Calradia just to expand the lore.

BTW i hope they'll make an invasion event for bannerlord, dlc or not. Because it is cannon that the Kuzaits being defeated by an eastern kingdom, khergits taking control and migrating to west for to run away from that kingdom. It happens somewhere between Bannerlord and Warband.

I never said they should add it, Be cool though.
Just saying that is a large freakin map. Is pretty weird being in the game files.

That's ok..haha
I would love to see something like that in the Bannerlord too but even for a DLC I think this is just too much for this game. Maybe they can use this map size for Mount Blade 2 in 2030. xP

Or just speeding up the ageing would also work. You'd need 10x more diplomacy and dialogue options than what is currently in the game to really make the game something special.

Dialogue options and diplomacy is pretty horrid atm. When you enter your own fief and no one recognizes you. People referring to you as a he when you're female. Currently I can talk to another lord about marrying my son with his daughter but there's no way for them to meet in person. When you capture a king or enemy lord there should be a massive amount of dialogue options for doing all kinds of things, signing peace treaties, trading fiefs, marriages, alliances, ect. Basic dialogue options with companions even on the warband level is completely missing, it's ridiculous. Not being able to give your own fiefs to clans you recruit because you need high trading skill perk.

Maybe in a dlc we can get new land and factions. I'm sure Taleworld will release at least 1-2 for bannerlord, given it's financial success. I'm more optimistic about future mods.
I conquered a castle and when I returned after few days, the Militia won't let me enter and attacked me. They didn't recognize me as the owner and lord of the castle. That was kinda funny.

Back
Top Bottom