SP - General World map Fiefdoms, Camps and Clans

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all, I will be brief this time, the world map is big but it lacks things,

Each village produces things, and we can see its production nearby, like fields or animals. But what about having actual little fields, mines, woodcutters, hunters that are interatable, to either buy products directly or raid them. When we raid a village, maybe we just want to destroy the fields to starve its lord and nearby city/castle or kill the miners, or steal any of its production, not raising the whole village.

Also would be nice if they were bigger, like large fields, or several horses here and there. All above too aplies to Taverns and other buildings we could find in the road and interact with them, either sleep, trade, buy them (as a workshop) or attack them too.

Then goes the second thing watchtowers, that could be build or be already builded in the borders or in strategic locations to scout incoming armies, both for player and ai, keeps or little fortresses in a nearby bridge or mountain.

Hire patrols or scouts as in viking conquest, either to work for a fiefdom (village, castle or city) or directly for our party. This leads us to Clans, would be nice if clans would be expanded to commoners clans, like mercenaries, knights, bandits (religios orders, zealots and cultist) and other little factions, they could even have their own troop trees that are a variation of faction ones. So lords of the player could hire parties of mercenaries to do jobs like raiding villages, caravans, killing x bandits, etc.

Named bandits spawn from time to time forming stronger bandit parties, or even being paid from a lord to affect other lord. That could open new quests.

And finally camping, from viking conquest too, allow player and ai to make camps, either simple camp or fortified camps, and to have none combatants (as horses increase speed) like surgeons, hunters, whores and so on after reaching x number of troops.

I know this is EA and things could be improved, change, so I hope many more things are added either by devs or modders.

Hi all, I will be brief this time, the world map is big but it lacks things,

Each village produces things, and we can see its production nearby, like fields or animals. But what about having actual little fields, mines, woodcutters, hunters that are interatable, to either buy products directly or raid them. When we raid a village, maybe we just want to destroy the fields to starve its lord and nearby city/castle or kill the miners, or steal any of its production, not raising the whole village.

Also would be nice if they were bigger, like large fields, or several horses here and there. All above too aplies to Taverns and other buildings we could find in the road and interact with them, either sleep, trade, buy them (as a workshop) or attack them too.

Then goes the second thing watchtowers, that could be build or be already builded in the borders or in strategic locations to scout incoming armies, both for player and ai, keeps or little fortresses in a nearby bridge or mountain.

Hire patrols or scouts as in viking conquest, either to work for a fiefdom (village, castle or city) or directly for our party. This leads us to Clans, would be nice if clans would be expanded to commoners clans, like mercenaries, knights, bandits (religios orders, zealots and cultist) and other little factions, they could even have their own troop trees that are a variation of faction ones. So lords of the player could hire parties of mercenaries to do jobs like raiding villages, caravans, killing x bandits, etc.

Named bandits spawn from time to time forming stronger bandit parties, or even being paid from a lord to affect other lord. That could open new quests.

And finally camping, from viking conquest too, allow player and ai to make camps, either simple camp or fortified camps, and to have none combatants (as horses increase speed) like surgeons, hunters, whores and so on after reaching x number of troops.

I know this is EA and things could be improved, change, so I hope many more things are added either by devs or modders.

I like these ideas. I especially like the the non-combatants idea as this was a very important part of military life in armies of medieval times. Camp Followers could make or break an army in certain positions because they attributed to army organization <supply train, maintenance, intel, morale> hope this can be added either update/dlc or mod.

Back
Top Bottom