World Cup hosts: Russia (2018), Qatar (2022)

Users who are viewing this thread

Qatar is a **** hole, and Russia is run by the Mafia

Also WHY IS THERE NOT A U IN QATAR!

/thread.

So the flying **** what? Be glad.

Besides. I don't see what the fuss is about, it's the choice of the Fifa. Be nasty little whine *****es all you want, but there's no point. (Not solely about OP, but I noticed some fellows of the British bid getting their panties all twisted about it.)

Goddammit, it's just football.  Get over it.

Oh wah wah wah. Russia needs the attention and the money and Qatar can use it too. I don't see how exactly THIS could be proof of corruption. The bid is won by relatively poor countries. They must have bribed!

Well Qatar did seem to deserve it, as they were quite enthusiastic (even if they are tiny and I haven't even heard of them playing football before), but I don't see how Russia got chose over us or Spain and Portugal. I was actually expecting the latter to get it, seen as though they are totally prepared already and they are the current holders of the cup! Anyway, it looks like I'm going to Russia in 2018.

Mandalorian said:
Beer is Banned in QATAR. GOOD LUCK WİTH 50° TEMPERATURE

Well it's like £6 a pint, only sold in certain bars and restaurants, but it is illegal to be drunk in the street.

Well, poor europeans football is identified with drunk in the street.

Hah, no. Drink seems very intricately linked with watching this sport. Probably because it's too boring otherwise.

And a larger.

But anyway most English are ranting because they did have the best bid from a technical standpoint. It was just the fact that FIFA just got £500,000 each from the Russian government.

FrisianDude said:
There's nothing to bloody rant about! IT WAS THE CHOICE OF THE FIFA AND THE FIFA ALONE. ****. Sore losers. :lol:

The fact that they took bribes for votes makes no matter at all?

EDIT: btw, thats a claim without solid basis, but those voting have taken bribes before for FIFA related issues.

FrisianDude said:
No. Why would it matter?

Because it means world cups wont necessarily be hosted by countries most suited to it and able to offer a good fan exprience.

And because FIFA says explicitly that nobody in it is allowed to accept bribes.

Back
Top Bottom