Users who are viewing this thread

It kind of strikes me weird that any shop worker can sell the workshops, you never see that much of a difference from one workshop to another and there is no animation of the workers... well, working. But the thing that weirds me out the MOST is that we can purchase a workshop and then change its workshop type with NO ADDED COST.

Because of that, I'd like to suggest an "overhaul" of the sorts for the workshop scenes.

Manager
Inside each workshop, there should be a single "Workshop Manager" which would have all the current "Shop Worker" dialogue options.
If you talk to a Shop Worker, the options of dialogue should be "I'd like to speak to your manager, please" which would make them guide you to the Manager NPC, or "Nothing, sorry to bother you." to just end the conversation.

Conversion
After purchasing a workshop, if you wish to change the type of shop it is which should only appear the list of shop types after a dialogue option "Will you keep the shop as it is or do you wish to change our production?", choosing to change the type of workshop should in theory either give some money back or cost more due to equipment. Some workshops equipment should be very expensive while others are very cheap, so depending on which type of workshop it is and which type you are converting it to, that could entail in serious extra expenses or return you some money for the old equipment being sold.

Animations and attire
Besides walking around, we could possibly see some of the shop workers having animation producing stuff and working the facility according to the type of workshop it is.
Not only that, shop workers clothing and the workshop's interior should change significantly depending on what type of shop it is.
Metal workers and tailors are completely different and the game should reflect that a LOT.

Expansions
It could be very interesting to have an option to talk to the manager of one of your profitable workshops and have the option to pay a good amount to expand the enterprise, which would change the building, depending on the type of workshop it is, either making it bigger on a side, add a second floor and such, making it produce more and earn more, but also cost more in order to run. For a short while, the workshop would be closed and visiting the settlement would show it "under reform", which would mean it wouldn't produce anything for a while, but after that, it could increase in 50 to 100% of its previous production.

Own More Workshops
Lastly I'd like to suggest that the number of workshops you can own could be tied to your "Steward" and "Trade" skill levels.
The better a steward you are and the better trader you are, the more workshops you can command at once and still make a very good profit.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

deGoucan Scrolls Index

Last edited:
I feel like steward is too strong of a skill already and another incentive isn't needed to level it. Tying it to the trade skill would be nice, or give players the ability to assign a companion for workshops over the limit.

Back
Top Bottom