SP - Economy Workshops and Caravans in a world of peasants

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually workshops and caravans are not worth the investment. Caravans sometimes don't last even a day, one week at best, not enough for them to even start making money. This makes active trading or warmongering the only ways to make money in the game, when your faction isn't at war with anyone your options get halved.
I think caravans didn't need such a big nerf, i lost at least 4 caravans before this nerf (that's in roughly 400 days of playthrough) which, in my opinion, was a good compromise. Now there's no point at all in using caravans, they're just a loss of money.
Regarding workshops, pottery shops needed to be toned down, we can all agree on that. However i tried various workshops in various towns and the only worth something are some breweries (Rhotae, Zeonica, Vostrum, Danustica) that can profit around 200/250 gold per day, any other workshop is not worth it (i.e. Galend and Jaculan are surrounded by villages which produce olives but olive presses in those towns give you 30 to 70 gold per day). In my opinion a good income for a workshop is around 300 gold per day since we are very limited in the number we can operate, either that or we should be able to buy a lot more of them.

In my playthroughs i like to get a very good income before pledging to a faction or start my own, in Viking conquest i used to trade until i had an enterprise in every single town which gave me around 15k a week (20k+ in AWOIAF), meanwhile i trained up my troops fighting bandits along my trading routes so that i could field a decent army and gear up my companions once i decided to take part in the fighting. Currently this is not a thing i can do in Bannerlord because, with such low incomes, i can't sustain a decent army, forcing me to join a kingdom with a party of peasants, hoping that the ruler will give me some fiefs (Derphert is so greedy) in order to get a decent income that can passively sustain my party, while i use the money gained from fights to upgrade gears for me and my companions which, otherwise, are dressed up like peasants, in an army full of peasants, fighting other armies full of peasants.
This game doesn't feel like BANNERLORD, it feels more like PEASANTLORD.

I agree with your comment regarding caravans. They cost 15,000 and earn approximately 600 per day which means they must operate for 25 days to break even but if you are in a faction or even work as a mercenary then the caravans don't last a week. Caravans are only viable in the early game before you join or create a faction.

Last edited:
I'm curious how long you guys have been playing? I've had caravans make well over 1K , and currently I have 3-5 shops all making 400+

Caravans are mostly useless because once they get destroyed they don't just respawn. But the shops arnt a bad investment at all. Specially in the long term.

Think my main character is 1000 days + and I have around 3.98 mill. Alot of that was from the workshops / caravans (prior to the patch) allowing my income to build up .

They need to allow shop management like in warband, where you can drop off resources and distribute your product manually

Back
Top Bottom