Workshop upkeep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ted Striker

Veteran
The Trade perk "Market Dealer" lowers shop upkeep by 20% but I don't see where the upkeep is even listed? All I can find is "Daily Wage", and the perk doesn't lower it.

In fact after taking the perk in a test save I didn't see it do anything at all.

Is there a workshop upkeep stat somewhere that I'm missing?

I don't think it's a stat that one can easily see in the game's menus, but from what I understand, the profitability of your workshops is dependent on the upkeep to pay for workers, the cost of raw materials, and the selling price of what you produce. This trait reduces the cost of that upkeep by 20%, which should raise the income you're receiving from you workshops! :smile:

Yeah but by how much? I took the trait in a test save and it didn't affect a thing. Daily Wage stayed the same and the income fluctuated like normal.

It could be that it's working but the effect is so tiny it's not noticeable.

I have one but it's not that good. That nerf last year really killed them didn't it? It's going to take quite a long time for it to break even.

I'm trying to find effective passive income sources so I don't have to fight everything I see and sell the loot, or cheese smithing. The Market Dealer perk looked like it would help with that income slightly but it doesn't seem to do anything.

The workshop needs to have above 10000 to start giving you money. It is possible that it refers to that? I need to do some digging because I remember discussing it back in 2020 somewhere.

edit:
This is the income formula (I do not know if it changed) by Mexxico
Generally all your clan parties and workshops make you payment if their gold/capital > 10000. You get 20% of exceed gold ((Gold/Capital - 10000) * 0.2) daily. This is why text is like that currently but as you said income can be better word.

Last edited:
No mention of upkeep though?

Yeah the workshop has 10250 or something like that (I'm at work I can't check) and it's barely paying out anything, like +50, but i's only been active about a week or so. Adding the perk didn't change anything.

Bannerlordperks says it works:

This perk correctly multiplies shop upkeep by 0.8 (-20%).

But no mention anywhere of what that upkeep is or how to determine it from other stats. It may be so small an amount that reducing it 20% does virtually nothing.

Yes, this is probably one of the weakest perk effects in the game. It only cuts the daily wage of workshops by 20% (i.e. wages go from 10 to 8 per day), meaning this essentially saves 2 gold per day per workshop. This reduction not being reflected in the finance menu is apparently just an oversight.

A 20% reduction in only one of the costs associated with workshops might only mean a real reduction of 3 or 5% of costs.

Probably not noticeable amongst the periodic swing of workshop returns without a detailed breakdown, but when compounded across 4 or 5 workshops could still end up as savings of 20 or 30 gold per day. Which is the wages of a good lord, companion or noble in the field.

A 20% reduction in only one of the costs associated with workshops might only mean a real reduction of 3 or 5% of costs.

Probably not noticeable amongst the periodic swing of workshop returns without a detailed breakdown, but when compounded across 4 or 5 workshops could still end up as savings of 20 or 30 gold per day. Which is the wages of a good lord, companion or noble in the field.
No, no, I mean it only affects wages, not any other costs. Since wages are fixed at 10g per day for a single workshop, this perk only saves 2g per day per workshop, period. There's nothing else to it. If a player has 4 workshops, this will amount to exactly 8g in savings per day.

No, no, I mean it only affects wages, not any other costs. Since wages are fixed at 10g per day for a single workshop, this perk only saves 2g per day per workshop, period. There's nothing else to it. If a player has 4 workshops, this will amount to exactly 8g in savings per day.

In that case, it saves you the cost of a low tier archer...

/glass half full

*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom