Workshop Incomes

Users who are viewing this thread

I get profit between 0-150 dinar and there is still bound number of workshops per clan tier. I cant even maintain main army with this income.

Hello. Now the workshops works like intended. You must check which ressources the villages around the city bring. And the ressources from nearby castle's villages. A good workshop can some days brings up to 250 dinars a day, but usually give around 150 on average.

In previous patches, workshops use to not take in consideration what were the goods available, like if each city got all ressources available to create products in workshops.

Last edited:
Players usually take from granted the previous status of the game, here in the economical part of it. But as the patches come, we can see that they are correcting/tunning things.

The smelting-smithing-selling exploit for example had go be corrected. It generared too much money.

With this 1.4.3 patch, we can see that this is more difficult to make profit when buying and selling goods. Before this patch, i used to find easily a city to sell something +50% to +100% more than the price I bought it. Now cities have less differencee in prices, even with shortages. But when some goods are missing, here it can be sold for great prices, but even here, the price is less important than in the last version of the game. And you can't sell a huge quantity too at a good price.

Caravans and workshops work better now, according to the devs. Their incomes are more like they want them to be.

Caravans and workshops work better now, according to the devs. Their incomes are more like they want them to be.

I hope you are joking.

I bought a winery workshop in a city that had a grape village.
There was like 300 grapes for pretty cheap, I think 13 each or something?

That workshop gave me like 50 denar per day.
I then added a second one (that one gave me 35 ish), plus i was a mercenary for Battania. Sometimes I still lost money with an "army" of 48 soldiers, with average tier being 2-3.

This was on the latest stable patch (not beta, which I am now playing).

@Stromming : You should lake a look here : Mexxico, one of the devs, answered about this subject : https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...om-workshops-and-caravans.427992/post-9497895

Myself I'm playing in beta 1.4.3 right now, but I played a little in the released 1.4.2 too.

I too had workshops making barely +50 dinards a day, because they were in cities with just one village producing the needed materials (or not at all).

Adding a second Winery in the same city won't help you in my opinion, you will have more processing capacity, but still only one village to bring you the raw materials.

I don't know if it will need more tuning, but right now, it works better than in 1.4.1 where any workshop in any city worked like if the raw materials werre always available.

Moreover, an army of 48 soldiers means nothing. It depends their ranks. For example : Having full tier 2 units costs 3x48 dinars = 144 dinars. Having full tiers 5 units costs 13x48 dinars = 624 dinars.

Last edited:
Well at this poit the devs are just lying or they just don't know what goes on in their games. the reason workshops are weak now is that they just decreased the value of manufacture goods into nothing. Olive presses in jaculan and (or) Charas bringing 70/day.
Tanneries making a loss and you know why??? you want to know? Hides average at 50 no matter the local production, leather averages 70/80 no matter the location. Add 25 denars wage to that and you get your answer. Never did they mention changing the base price of items. leather was around 300 before iron around 100. They just plain out screwed everything with the economy just making it more grindy for the sake of it? And you know why? because it's easier to make existing content take longer and be nmore grindy than to make now content.

Last edited:
@Stromming : You should lake a look here : Mexxico, one of the devs, answered about this subject : https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...om-workshops-and-caravans.427992/post-9497895

Myself I'm playing in beta 1.4.3 right now, but I played a little in the released 1.4.2 too.

I too had workshops making barely +50 dinards a day, because they were in cities with just one village producing the needed materials (or not at all).

Adding a second Winery in the same city won't help you in my opinion, you will have more processing capacity, but still only one village to bring you the raw materials.

I don't know if it will need more tuning, but right now, it works better than in 1.4.1 where any workshop in any city worked like if the raw materials werre always available.

Moreover, an army of 48 soldiers means nothing. It depends their ranks. For example : Having full tier 2 units costs 3x48 dinars = 144 dinars. Having full tiers 5 units costs 13x48 dinars = 624 dinars.

Lol did you even read?

Two separate winerys in different cities, both with grape villages and good amounts of cheap grapes should generate more than a combined value of 80 gold per day.

Also I had 48 soldiers and they were tier 2-3, so as you say, not very expensive

Hello. Now the workshops works like intended. You must check which ressources the villages around the city bring. And the ressources from nearby castle's villages. A good workshop can some days brings up to 250 dinars a day, but usually give around 150 on average.

In previous patches, workshops use to not take in consideration what were the goods available, like if each city got all ressources available to create products in workshops.

I really can't tell if you're trolling REALLY hard.... or if you might be getting paid to argue on behalf of the Devs...
I am 100% in agreement with LITERALLY everyone else that's posted here.

Let's take a look at Marunath for example. Its got 2 villages that make hardwood plus the standard light grain production, 1 village with iron with light grain, and 1 with clay and light grain. Going by how the devs SAID a profitable system would work... you'd buy and set up a potter OR a brewer, a woodworker, and a smithy. All are locally sourced supplies. But even with all 3... AT BEST you're making 450 denars. AT BEST. Let's say you even managed to OWN Marunath. And you have the approx 1000-1500 income from that. You're still rocking under 2k. This is all BEST case scenario. But with traits and skills still being buggy, you randomly lose whatever benefits those give you towards increased income/production and wage mitigation. Then, the fact that you can't manage your shops inventory like in warband means you can't buy a crapload of cheap X goods for your shops... they have to compete for resources in the trade area with the caravans that are buying up as much of the cheaper locally sourced goods they can. THEN, you have to factor in that bound villages' villagers DON'T always take their produced goods to their city/town they're attached too. It's like 60% yes they do and 40% they'll go to the next town. So now you have to factor in the loss of planned resources. Which is magnified exponentially if a bound village is raided.
I think a lot of the issues stem from the devs moving away from the initial idea of being able to own an individual village and build it up into something more. A lot of the economics would be more successful if you could invest or build up/construct things in individual bound villages to make them more productive, to make them more organized/safer, to make them more defensible.... and so on and so forth.
And if the devs intended for all of this to be a grindy, pain in the ***, nightmare... as you so directly assert.... I have to question the intent behind making the game less fun. Yeah I get that it needs to be balanced. Yes there should be a healthy dose of realism as well. But currently it's completely unbalanced and lacks management options to self mitigate the problems.

Guys, guys. You should relax. Some of you seems very aggressive in your answers. Reading your answers, I'm wondering for one or two of you if you are just mad that your campaign is screwed, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping this is not the point, because as mechanics changes in the game, you should try it with a new campaign (and adapt your gameplay to the changes).

We are here to discuss in order to help the game to move forward. But we all have to take in consideration than what we had in previous patches must not be taken for granted. This is a game in early access, which means it is still in development. Things are subject to change since they are testing things, correcting things, tunning things. I'm not pro Devs or anything like that. I'm just a random player, trying to help as well with bug/issue reports from time to time, and some feedback/suggestions if needed to.

To me a workshops making 100 dinars a day is fine. It means that a workshop refunds itself in 125 days in average (~4 monthes) which is very fast in my opinion.

And yes, we need to give time to the devs for improving things.

We don't know if it is the case, but very often, with softwares and especially video games, each time we are playing a major version, here 1.3.x, another major version is in development. So who knows what's in store in the 1.4 version to come ? And I remember readin somewhere that the next patch after 1.4.3 will be a bigger patch then this one.

Take care and have fun.

Last edited:
Guys, guys. You should relax. Some of you seems very aggressive in your answers. Reading your answers, I'm wondering for one or two of you if you are just mad that your campaign is screwed, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping this is not the point, because as mechanics changes in the game, you should try it with a new campaign (and adapt your gameplay to the changes).

We are here to discuss in order to help the game to move forward. But we all have to take in consideration than what we had in previous patches must not be taken for granted. This is a game in early access, which means it is still in development. Things are subject to change since they are testing things, correcting things, tunning things. I'm not pro Devs or anything like that. I'm just a random player, trying to help as well with bug/issue reports from time to time, and some feedback/suggestions if needed to.

To me a workshops making 100 dinars a day is fine. It means that a workshop refunds itself in 125 days in average (~3 monthes) which is very fast in my opinion.

We don't know if it is the case, but very often, with softwares and especially video games, each time we are playing a major version, here 1.3.x, another major version is in development. So who knows what's in store in the 1.4 version to come ? And I remember readin somewhere that the next patch after 1.4.3 will be a bigger patch then this one.

Take care and have fun.
6 months. And even then It may aswell be 0 at that point. Also, my workshop would need several decades to afford some armor pieces. That tells you just how ****ed the economy is.

To me a workshops making 100 dinars a day is fine. It means that a workshop refunds itself in 125 days in average (~4 monthes) which is very fast in my opinion.

Take care and have fun.
This ius probably the highest iq reply i ever read on these forums
In general it's just everyone swearing at the devs for what they do but never actually try to help them out by reporting bugs, lol

Back
Top Bottom