Working together

Users who are viewing this thread

amman4ny

Recruit
Working together

all the modders or atleats a few of them should try to work together after all a TEAM gets more things done!!!

although you could just wait for the tools....:???:

What do you guys think?

I just assumed that eventually some content would merge. Theres really no ETA on the mod tools so who knows how long we have. Seeing as we can really only have one content mod active at a time, merging is the way to go.

Im going to setup my NPC mod to be less obtrusive to the standard game, it should be easy to staple to any other mod.

If Effidian does an Items.txt info post like the others, ive got some more info to dump.

It seems that waht is needed is really someone to consolidate the various mods since many of them don't conflict.

I would love to be able to do this but I am still at the texture editing stage (though modelling seems cool I have no idea how possible it is with this game).

What is needed is someone who understands the nuts and bolts of each of the mods that are made.

It would also be nice to be able to pick and choose some features in a mod pack. For instance, some may prefer the vanilla textures - while others may want something extreme. It'd be nice to be able to "activate" and "de-activate" mods - kinda like Morrowind.

I, for one, would prefer to have many different kinds of textures or models available, so I could pick and choose what I prefer. Though I don't know how possible all of this is . . .

im in for working together... and i guess that if you put 3 people that texture together they can give ideas and critisicm (SP?) to each other to improve each others work.

Effidian, youve already got that one? Oops. Ill put some stuff on it later.

I was thinking of a straight up gameplay enhancer mod with no changes to the story for starters. This is a good thing for collaberation as there are probably some easily agreed upon things that could be tweaked. There might be endless variations and ideas for story or npcs changes so the standard "gameplay pack" could be added to anyones individual tastes in story/npc afterwards. Also, really complex story changes are probably better off waiting for the mod tools, no need to bash your head against conversations.txt when relief is just around the corner.

IMO, horse-archer and faction rewards are two that could be combined. Other changes to the troops or upgrades, etc as well. Anyone who wants to contribute could pitch an idea to add to the "gameplay pack".

Ill clean faction rewards up when I get a chance.

I certainly am not going to be of much help here but thought that this discussion might be helped by simply posting the items that are up for inclusion in a mod pack.

So far it seems that these are at the top of the list:

Faction Rewards
Horse Archer upgrade path

I think that the Alternate Texture Pack should be included as well though maybe it could use more added to it.

A "realism" mod would be extremely easy to make, because all you need to do is to make every single weapon strong enough to be realistic. I mean, having to jab people repeatedly at their chest seems to be... strange, sometimes.

However, the gameplay is so fun as it is, I'm not sure this is needed....

I'm pretty sure everyone who has modded before can do some simple textureweapon mods alone but it would be kinda great if some veteran modders could work together and create few TC:s (total conversions), for example a Conan The Barbarian TC or Lord Of The Rings TC would be pretty must, if it's done by a good moddergroup.

Ummu said:
A "realism" mod would be extremely easy to make, because all you need to do is to make every single weapon strong enough to be realistic. I mean, having to jab people repeatedly at their chest seems to be... strange, sometimes.

However, the gameplay is so fun as it is, I'm not sure this is needed....

I know what you mean. I just shot arrows through a guys both knees and he still charged at me.

Back
Top Bottom