Working AI formations!

Users who are viewing this thread

GERRY

Knight
Okay first of all this is NO solution but it might be helpful.

While I was trolling around a bit with cheats enabled I noticed something odd:

When i fought an austrian patrol consisting of 20 men the hussars were skirmishing! When I got in range with my sword they rode away so that I couldnt hit them (it worked!) and they kept shooting at me. They kind of circled me until I just ignored them and attacked the line infantry. The line had actually formed A line/blob and were standing close together.  In 50 normal campaign days this has never happened to me but when I enabled cheats it did. Weird

That's odd, you should try to test it out a bit more. I personally doubt enabling cheats would have fixed formations, but who knows....

I think it has something to do with the fact that they have fewer soldiers. This could just be me, but it seems that the larger the armies, the more wonky the AI acts.

GERRY said:
Okay first of all this is NO solution but it might be helpful.

While I was trolling around a bit with cheats enabled I noticed something odd:

When i fought an austrian patrol consisting of 20 men the hussars were skirmishing! When I got in range with my sword they rode away so that I couldnt hit them (it worked!) and they kept shooting at me. They kind of circled me until I just ignored them and attacked the line infantry. The line had actually formed A line/blob and were standing close together.  In 50 normal campaign days this has never happened to me but when I enabled cheats it did. Weird

That happens in native with troops designated as horse archers (the muskets in this mod are just reskinned crossbows). If they're set to "charge", they keep their distance from you and form nice clockwise circles.

The problem with native is that most armies have some kind of scripted AI (which is absolutely awful) so you never usually see this. This circling behaviour also falls apart when there are more than 3 or 4 separated troops on the battlefield. So the only time you'd ever notice this in most mods is if you're facing steppe or desert bandits on your own, which is likely never to happen if you've got half a brain.

Back
Top Bottom