Wooing jarls

Users who are viewing this thread

florinteal

Sergeant
This quest seems very difficult for what it gets you. Favour quests for lords can be a pain in the ass (I'm looking at the letter delivery quest), you run out of quests to do to improve the relation of the appropriate lords very quickly since they're all on months-long cool downs, and the reward for spending a couple of seasons making the jarls like you before the assembly is... not having to pay a few thousand silvers in wergild. Don't know what can be done about it. Better incentive to actually do this? More ways to increase favour with the jarls?

florinteal said:
This quest seems very difficult for what it gets you. Favour quests for lords can be a pain in the ass (I'm looking at the letter delivery quest), you run out of quests to do to improve the relation of the appropriate lords very quickly since they're all on months-long cool downs, and the reward for spending a couple of seasons making the jarls like you before the assembly is... not having to pay a few thousand silvers in wergild. Don't know what can be done about it. Better incentive to actually do this? More ways to increase favour with the jarls?

I agree. There are too few chances to improve relation. Perhaps they should each get a designated quest so there is a real chance of doing it?

florinteal said:
This quest seems very difficult for what it gets you. Favour quests for lords can be a pain in the ass (I'm looking at the letter delivery quest), you run out of quests to do to improve the relation of the appropriate lords very quickly since they're all on months-long cool downs, and the reward for spending a couple of seasons making the jarls like you before the assembly is... not having to pay a few thousand silvers in wergild.

Not even that:
if you don't actually have the money for the weregild, the king pays it for you.  No debt, not even a loss of relations.  Could even just tie up your cash into trade goods or something beforehand to game the system.

Be careful since you can also lose relations with them - if you decline certain quests such as capturing enemy soldiers and using them to ransom the ones of the lord who offers it, you lose like 5 relation (I usually decline those since at that point of the game you are still pretty weak and not capable of defeating other lords).

Andrix said:
Be careful since you can also lose relations with them - if you decline certain quests such as capturing enemy soldiers and using them to ransom the ones of the lord who offers it, you lose like 5 relation (I usually decline those since at that point of the game you are still pretty weak and not capable of defeating other lords).

The secrete is to find Masterless Men that fit the bill. Hang out in their normal area and you will almost always find them. If not no worry, I have never known this quest to time-out on you before the war that spawned it ends and the quest is canceld without penalty.

Ivan Khan said:
Andrix said:

The secrete is to find Masterless Men that fit the bill. Hang out in their normal area and you will almost always find them. If not no worry, I have never known this quest to time-out on you before the war that spawned it ends and the quest is canceld without penalty.
That's a good idea there, thanks. X)

I can't get a quest from anyone in Denmark. I am currently sworn to the king of Northvegr (I was sworn to him way before this quest).

Do I have to be freed from my oath to him, or how else am I supposed to get quests?

Mirage777 said:
I can't get a quest from anyone in Denmark. I am currently sworn to the king of Northvegr (I was sworn to him way before this quest).

Do I have to be freed from my oath to him, or how else am I supposed to get quests?

You eventually will have to be free, though not at this point.

As to getting quests they are a little easier if you are free, but still hard to get.

I have no idea about how to complete the quest "The Revenge: Wooing Farmers and Jarls". I am running the latest version of both Warband and Viking Conquest Reforged Edition. I have delt with the 2 incidents at Ulf's farmstead, convinced Ulf to not testify against me, retrieved the letter from Odin's Cave, reported to the Danish king that the letter is burnt, raised relations with Danish King and all Danish jarls except Sigurd Ragnarsson to above 15 (actually to 30+), but do not get any dialogue options to forward the quest when speaking to the King. Please help

tomoscar said:
I have no idea about how to complete the quest "The Revenge: Wooing Farmers and Jarls". I am running the latest version of both Warband and Viking Conquest Reforged Edition. I have delt with the 2 incidents at Ulf's farmstead, convinced Ulf to not testify against me, retrieved the letter from Odin's Cave, reported to the Danish king that the letter is burnt, raised relations with Danish King and all Danish jarls except Sigurd Ragnarsson to above 15 (actually to 30+), but do not get any dialogue options to forward the quest when speaking to the King. Please help

Wooing Jarls should not matter.

If you got the letter and got the farmer not to testify, then you should have gotten the option to tell the King you have done all you can and are ready for the Assembly. It can take some time for the Assembly to occur though. Perhaps you told the King you are ready and did not realize it? Do you still have the quest for wooing or are you waiting on the assembly in quests?

Ivan Khan said:
tomoscar said:

If you got the letter and got the farmer not to testify, then you should have gotten the option to tell the King you have done all you can and are ready for the Assembly. It can take some time for the Assembly to occur though. Perhaps you told the King you are ready and did not realize it? Do you still have the quest for wooing or are you waiting on the assembly in quests?
No, I haven't seen any dialogue option regarding the assembly and whether I'm ready or not. The active quest is still "The Revenge: Wooing Farmers and Jarls". The quest page confirms that Ulf will not testify and lists the jarls I have good relations with. According to faction info, that list includes all jarls except Sigurd. There is no active quest with "assembly" in name or description. Are there any other farmers to woo other than Ulf?

tomoscar said:
Ivan Khan said:
tomoscar said:

No, I haven't seen any dialogue option regarding the assembly and whether I'm ready or not. The active quest is still "The Revenge: Wooing Farmers and Jarls". The quest page confirms that Ulf will not testify and lists the jarls I have good relations with. According to faction info, that list includes all jarls except Sigurd. There is no active quest with "assembly" in name or description. Are there any other farmers to woo other than Ulf?
I found a way out, and maybe identified a bug:
I went back to Ulf's farm. Orm the Black was alive and in same place as first time I met him. Both Tora and Orm said they were busy. Ulf was open for chat, but it was the same dialogue as first time I met Orm at the farm. So I had to kill him once more. After that, Ulf was also busy. Went back to the king, and got the same dialogue with him as first time I reported back after killing Orm. However, this time I did not need more time to woo the jarls, and eventually got the option to say that I am ready for the assembly.
=> You can only (at least in my case) forward the quest if you kill Orm AFTER wooing the jarls to above 15 in relation.

Interesting on the farm. Question now is it a one off bug, I.E. for some reason killing Orm did not register, or if something in your order broke it.

Back
Top Bottom