wonder if we should change the style and way of making warband mod and make warband great again

Users who are viewing this thread

wonder if we should change the style and way of making warband mod and make warband great again:

I often wonder if the mod for this game would continue to prolong its life, delay its obsoletion, and continue to attract players with a variety of gameplay, like Minecraft and Warcraft, if it did not consider making a pure war mode like native, and studied a variety of other modes instead.

Currently, mods are mostly stuck in the game's original mode as native, and the open potential has reached a bottleneck. If we let go of the concept of inherent mode and implement a variety of game modes, the warband may remain strong.

Some people may say that this game is old and should be eliminated and there will be a newer generation to replace it, but I would say, like red alert, like Warcraft, like minecraft, people not only like high-end atmosphere things, but also like those unpretentious things.
It is precisely because of some primitive and unpretentious things that 60% or more of the world's simple human beings can enjoy it, study it, and get a primitive sense of accomplishment and happiness in amateurs.

These is my mods https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/all-six-of-my-made-mountblade-warband-mod-introduction、download-and-notes.452900/
i want to prove that :If we conquer all game modes in this world by using Mount&blade warband,doing a real sports mode,making a real RTS or moba mode,making a anime mode,doing 2d game mode,no care whether the mod need a great soldier party,not care the warband is originally a war game...........All above,
i think that Let go of the prejudice and narrow-mindedness of the inherent mode of this game,warband may not be abandoned by times and will be great again ,be the strongest old game,become the most versatile mod machine!!

American say they want to realize a American dream,Chinese say they want to realize a china dream, i think there is also a Mount blade dream,both warband dream and bannerlord dream. All dream aims to Make better and greater

Last edited:
Did you use M&B engine's leaked source code or some stolen assets to make your mods? Just curious.

As for what you wrote, who needs Red Alert/ Warcraft/ sports mods in Warband when we can have much better stuff in the respective original games? Most mods are based on Native's open world sandbox system enabling parties to fight, I agree, but on the other hand, it is what Warband is the best at. I do not think its engine can meaningfully support some other out-of-place gamemodes.

Did you use M&B engine's leaked source code or some stolen assets to make your mods? Just curious.

As for what you wrote, who needs Red Alert/ Warcraft/ sports mods in Warband when we can have much better stuff in the respective original games? Most mods are based on Native's open world sandbox system enabling parties to fight, I agree, but on the other hand, it is what Warband is the best at. I do not think its engine can meaningfully support some other out-of-place gamemodes.
thanks for your reply.
Just talk about the mod function to realize different game modes:
just use operations and not need engine code. This is like that “engine B” need to use 100 or more codes to perform as “engine A”'s one code do. Take many thought into how to realize a function itself instead of thinking which engine provide directly and many fuction can be realized.
As we known, warband is popular with its modding potential.Such as Warcraft and minecraft, these games is also popular with its modding potential after many years.Just due to mods, such game can live up to 10 years or more.
warcraft III has making almost all game modes these years,minecraft is also. for example this year,minecraft game fans even has made a Spider-Man mod to Imitates the new spider-man steam game. Why other such game not think “we can have much better stuff in the respective original games so mod needn't realize some function like other game or a new game”and those game fans think this is amazing to make that.
and ask that:how do you think this year's popular and potential Mountblade bannerlord mod "Age of Empires" made by bloc?
I think i has earily make the same functions at warband as bloc's function at bannerlord. such as rts mode to use mouse control perform more similar to Age of Empires or war3 、build Construction、produce soldiers /making fly machine /climbing walls etc.
Why people can accept bannerlord to do better and more than warband.

-----------------------------------

and next talk about MS itself:
In fact ,if we do a war mod like warband mode, many MS function such as operation of prop /presentation can be seldom used.
We know in 2015,warband 1.161 version add many prop /item/AI op and other ops seems lots of mod seldom use. Why to add these,because the magic mod and modern life mod such as World war I/II become more and they need. Offical add these engine to make them do such strange mod easier.but before that,moders still can find out other ways to realize such strange ideas. This prove that some new/old operation can even use several other old operation to make a similar effect.
So sometimes mind is important than tools itself.
common mods make most MS function use more often and skilled,but strange mods can make some obscure Ms function get more experiment, and study a suitable way to make more new mod fuction.
And there is other reason that some MS operation seldom used. I think the warband‘s biggest problem is a 32-bit and Single-Threaded game so big mods or complex function will cause it running error.so little large true world war mod cannot be stable running for long time. For example,if we control many prop to animate or make complex behavior toghter with a large try for agent or sth ,the game flame will be affected a lot to lead to the camera shake and running error easiler.
But we can make trials about some simple game mods just like a 3v3 fight、sports、car march or etc to make obscure Ms functions these we seldom to use in common mods,and let the system be fully utilized.

Last edited:
Anyone can experiment with Warband however they wish, it is up to them. Anything can be done with its engine, just at works of Dstn/ SupaNinjaMan, Sebastian, Garedyr, Tocan, Dalion and more. However, I would not compare Minecraft to Warband since the former is the most popular game of all time (in all of its primitiveness) and has many users (who often easily make primitive mods). Good luck with your endeavors if you want to stick to Warband though, it still has some room for exploration of new stuff.

'killyouready'(Old bid)'s word is good.​

Using operations used seldom to achieve some fantasy and magic functions.
Warband need some leap and new things actually.

Just talk about a fact that most mods still follow the conventional standards and rules .
Attack some weak party like bandit. sell items to party .collect companies . Be a lord of faction.
It's a boring and traditional mode in native.

Old bid want to change this situation, bring some fresh air.

Last edited:
While you aim to find new modes the default one were created with crutches. I mean one can expand default gameplay mechanics. Add strategy, economy, politics layers. Anything that your mind can reach. What you do is interesting also but imo it shouldn't be the main idea of mod.

Back
Top Bottom