Wolf/Sheep Tavern Game

Users who are viewing this thread

This mini-game is so damn broken - you actually can't win unless the AI gets stuck in some stupid loop where it keeps forfeiting tokens.
With only one move to make, no bonus moves on capturing a token, even capturing one, or two tokens, is irrelevant, because the AI can literally place a token anywhere, while you can only move one adjacent tile. If you pin the AI across to one side of the board, they just place their tokens at the other side of the board.

This cannot be it for the rules? It's insanely stacked against the wolves, and that shouldn't be the case.
I figure this is why it forces you to be the wolves every time, because of the sheer improbability you manage to get the AI to glitch into placing tokens in stupid places.

I haven't come across this game yet but sounds interesting. I vaguely remember an old African board game called "Lions and Cattle" or something like that - a hunting game I think.

I've played this game a few more times, I finally understand the strategy, it's bit like checkers. The AI keeps betting me .. lol .whether i go jumping wolves or blocking sheep.

It's not the game I remembered. I feel the race game "Royal game of Ur" would be more fun.

First time I played the game was in a lords hall and I was the sheep. I stumbled into a victory but the AI did seem to make some dumb mistakes. After playing again in the tavern as the wolves it does feel nearly impossible to win. Maybe there's some strategy guides online somewhere for similar games?

First time I played the game was in a lords hall and I was the sheep. I stumbled into a victory but the AI did seem to make some dumb mistakes. After playing again in the tavern as the wolves it does feel nearly impossible to win. Maybe there's some strategy guides online somewhere for similar games?
The sheep have an insane advantage. I had no idea you could play in the lords hall and play as the sheep - but in the tavern, you're always the wolves.
Since there's no requirement for sheep to be placed next to existing sheep, or at least one tile away from a sheep, or one tile away from a wolf, there's nothing preventing the player to just place sheep away from the wolves all game - they might lose one, or two sheep due to scenarios a wolf can create by allowing a sheep player to block only one kill off at a time...
But then the wolf player killing the sheep, doesn't get another turn - so there's no advantage to be pressed, no way to collect all five during the placement stage unless the AI glitches.

Then in the movement stage, it favours the sheep EVEN MORE, because the wolves are limited in ability to move one tile at a time - the same as the sheep, and the requirements for a sheep kill is to have spaces available, which the sheep player literally only has to do one thing: Move the spaces to the back of the board away from the wolves - while the wolf player cannot engineer any scenarios to prevent the sheep from blocking the spaces.

Back
Top Bottom