[WNL8] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

yep working on it! i already have all the logs done but i need a little extra time to adapt the bbcode for new forums cuz right now its super ugly should be up very soon ?

Why is MOSS not being considered anymore? I heard that MM Admins already watching some ppl who take part in this tournament.

Prolly I missed the reason why its not being used anymore, but I thought its quite useful.

Last edited:
Why is MOSS not being considered anymore? I heard that MM Admins already watching some ppl who take part in this tournament.

Prolly I missed the reason why its not being used anymore, but I thought its quite useful.
We think that asking people to record is the superior way, we handled it like that last season and it worked fine. There are also some concerns with MOSS regarding GDPR.

And did you ask some people to record their gameplay and provide them to you? A yes or no is sufficient, I understand you wouldn't want to reveal these people's identity if that's a yes but I am curious and I think some people may be too.

And did you ask some people to record their gameplay and provide them to you? A yes or no is sufficient, I understand you wouldn't want to reveal these people's identity if that's a yes but I am curious and I think some people may be too.
So far we have not asked individuals to record their gameplay. However, we are discussing some cases brought up to our attention, I expect we will take action in some of them.

... we handled it like that last season and it worked fine. .

When and what measures did u take? Just if someone provides a video in which someone does 5 headshots in a row, or downblocking (preblocking) all the time he cancels his hit? Afaik the cheats are not that obvious anymore to see.

- Why do other, even bigger, tournaments use MOSS and we can't because of few people bein afraid over their privacy, aswell as in the incident with mynes and they told us "we are never gonna play MM anymore because of privacy issues" - And they still keep playing MM?

I dont wanna say, everyone has to use MOSS, just particular people who "might" be cheating. And if you know, you gotta use MOSS because your habbit looks like a cheat, then just dont tab out while playing an official? So there wont be a privacy issue anymore?

Imho since frank refurbished his rubbish dump, the amount of noname people with perfect blocks and shots just increased incredibly fast.

Sure, we can just chill and refer to PrEbLoCks as a reason
(which is obviously a lie, if you check other recordings of that player, who has NEVER done that before and afterwards)
Or we just defend our friends regardles that they are cheating. Thats a common case in this community and kinda sad that we are not willing to create a fair environment.

I understand that its more and more work for the administration, and they are already doing a lot for us and Im really thankful for that. If the reason to not take more actions against possibly cheaters - is time, and more work - Im willing to help out and minimize the work for the already hard-working admins.

Last edited:
When I presented MOSS as an option to the community I expected most people would say it was a good idea to prevent cheating. That really wasn't the case.

Some of the issue is that people hurl accusations pretty easily and telling someone they have to use MOSS because some one who doesn't like them accuses them feels ****. The reality is much of the evidence we get sent is pretty meh. Certainly there's clips of many top tier archers which when looked at in that contest appears suspect.

To be honest we rarely get sent "evidence" at all and when we do its usually not particularly compelling. If we do get something then we'll look at it and make a decision.

Are this week's matchups final?
Because I just want to point out that the leaguetables seem a bit wrong, according to the rules you're 1st looking at points and then BHS, this isn't the case for many of the standings.
Also Döner and Menace have a rematch in DivB while rematches shouldn't be a thing according to the rules?

Are this week's matchups final?
Because I just want to point out that the leaguetables seem a bit wrong, according to the rules you're 1st looking at points and then BHS, this isn't the case for many of the standings.
Also Döner and Menace have a rematch in DivB while rematches shouldn't be a thing according to the rules?

Yes ty - I have alerted Scar already about Div B - did you think there was an issue in other divs?

No repeats is fundamentally incompatable with sorting so it is complicated.

Would you guys consider accepting any graphical changes which do not affect gameplay? Armour edits cosmetically can allow you to see players easier or allow you to see through them. Changes to weapons allows you to see the weapon easier thus block it with more efficiency. Changing the colours of missiles such as javs and arrows can also allow you dodge them with more ease. Lastly you can edit certain elements of building textures to make them essentially invisible giving you wallhack without the need for a program.

However, all I am asking is for you to allow simple edits which do not effect gameplay atall while not giving any advantages to me or anyone else using the graphic changes. Edits such as healthbar, loading screens and a blue money bag give essentially no advantage (if you want you can test it yourself). I am also willing to share my graphic changes with anyone who wants them, as seen on my thread or by players who have contacted me and asked for them. I have used graphic changes since like 2014 and no one has cared untill now.

Since I got told to remove them via admins and I did. I thought I should make a post here to make a request to use it rather than either carrying on using them without recording or screenshotting anything or not use them atall. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
When and what measures did u take? Just if someone provides a video in which someone does 5 headshots in a row, or downblocking (preblocking) all the time he cancels his hit? Afaik the cheats are not that obvious anymore to see.

- Why do other, even bigger, tournaments use MOSS and we can't because of few people bein afraid over their privacy, aswell as in the incident with mynes and they told us "we are never gonna play MM anymore because of privacy issues" - And they still keep playing MM?

I dont wanna say, everyone has to use MOSS, just particular people who "might" be cheating. And if you know, you gotta use MOSS because your habbit looks like a cheat, then just dont tab out while playing an official? So there wont be a privacy issue anymore?

Imho since frank refurbished his rubbish dump, the amount of noname people with perfect blocks and shots just increased incredibly fast.

Sure, we can just chill and refer to PrEbLoCks as a reason
(which is obviously a lie, if you check other recordings of that player, who has NEVER done that before and afterwards)
Or we just defend our friends regardles that they are cheating. Thats a common case in this community and kinda sad that we are not willing to create a fair environment.

I understand that its more and more work for the administration, and they are already doing a lot for us and Im really thankful for that. If the reason to not take more actions against possibly cheaters - is time, and more work - Im willing to help out and minimize the work for the already hard-working admins.

There's too many GDPR risks involved with MOSS, doesn't matter how many people are using it.

It's not as simple as 'don't tab out', the fact is, there's a chance someone could tab out which would cause GDPR issues, I wouldnt mess with the law for the sake of catching warband cheaters. Recording matches is a great alternative.

Last edited:
There is no GDPR issue with MOSS as GDPR is about consent and with MOSS the player sends the file to the admin so obviously they consent.
The player can copy the file and check whats inside, what they cannot do is send a tampered-with file, because tehe MOSS system knows if the file is opened.
The problem with MM was that they did not inform players that they were recording screenshots and so there was no consent.
HOWEVER
children cannot legally consent on privacy issues and in some EU countries a child is defined as 16 and younger.
screenshots of the game are not 'personally identifiable information and therefore not covered by GDPR. screenshots of somethign else on the pc may be.

Back
Top Bottom