[WNL8] General Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Can someone enlighten me who that dude here actually is? Like what name does he play under or does he actually play native at all?

Just curious but I am the only one who finds the current system making Division B promotions matches a bit flawed?

Dayne dominated Division B for three weeks and only lost to their rival, Doner, by a relatively close margin in the fourth. Yet, because the promotions/relegations matches are going to happen this fifth week, they essentially lost their promotion spot for Division A to Menace, which has a better BHS by one point only (14 against 15). By the looks of things, this system encourages you to lose in the third week (assuming you are at the top of the rankings at that moment) to avoid a 'make or break' match in week 4 against your runner-up.

I am not taking shots at Menace, they played a strong season and looking at their results, I wouldn't go as far as saying that second place is undeserved. It's more on the side of Dayne where you could argue that system heavily punishes you for your winning streak in the first three weeks. I am not sure if Dayne even cares about it that much. I also feel like it's not such a big deal in this particular season because it won't impact the main outcome anyways, as there will always be a huge gap between the bottom Division A teams and the top Division B ones, making upsets highly unlikely.

Nevertheless, it still looks like a flaw to me which could become more problematic in future tournaments and I wonder if there wouldn't be a way to fix that without changing the format, which I believe most people are really fond of.

Last edited:
Just curious but I am the only one who finds the current system making Division B promotions matches a bit flawed?

Dayne dominated Division B for three weeks and only lost to their rival, Doner, by a relatively close margin in the fourth. Yet, because the promotions/relegations matches are going to happen this fifth week, they essentially lost their promotion spot for Division A to Menace, which has a better BHS by one point only (14 against 15). By the looks of things, this system encourages you to lose in the third week (assuming you are at the top of the rankings at that moment) to avoid a 'make or break' match in week 4 against your runner-up.

I am not taking shots at Menace, they played a strong season and looking at their results, I wouldn't go as far as saying that second place is undeserved. It's more on the side of Dayne where you could argue that system heavily punishes you for your winning streak in the first three weeks. I am not sure if Dayne even cares about it that much. I also feel like it's not such a big deal in this particular season because it won't impact the main outcome anyways, as there will always be a huge gap between the bottom Division A teams and the top Division B ones, making upsets highly unlikely.

Nevertheless, it still looks like a flaw to me which could become more problematic in future tournaments and I wonder if there wouldn't be a way to fix that without changing the format, which I believe most people are really fond of.
hey this argument was up in (and since) wnl4

Arguing that changing game textures provides an advantage is fair, arguing that ADDITIONAL ui elements provide an advantage is fair, but can you please explain how something like changing the colour of the healthbar provides anything like this? Ui quality of life or colour changes provide no advantage and there is really no reason to take a stand against them.

Regardless of whether it's a silly rule or not, he'd already been told he wasn't allowed to use it, but did so anyway (even if it was a mistake). Why he insists on using it in the first place is bizarre. Honestly I'd say he's lucky to get off with a just warning, considering he had already technically been warned about it.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether it's a silly rule or not, he'd already been told he wasn't allowed to use it, but did so anyway (even if it was a mistake). Why he insists on using it in the first place is bizarre. Honestly I'd say he's lucky to get off with a just warning, considering he had already technically been warned about it.

The warning is a light punishment true which is very nice, but its still personal preference no idea how its 'bizarre' for someone who plays with graphical edits in games like cs to want to use them in warband since I spent time making and upgrading them. Lots of people in the community use my graphic mods ofc not gunna say who but a few people do. It's not only me who uses them.

Even editing text size is cheating at this point and you can see from screenshots taken by players and uploaded here some of them clearly edited and there is plenty of people using them who don't screenshot.

Healthbar is really the only thing I care about, since the rest of my graphic mods can't be spotted while playing making them unnecessary modifications for competitive gameplay I guess the top open map inf on the game would know all about that :smile:

Back
Top Bottom