[WNL7] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you give me a warning because I called a guy popeye ingame? Because he insulted me calling me fat, shrek the ogre insulting me over my weight? Are you actually serious? You then did nothing about it so I deleted you then you warn me? You can't be that deluded? Please post the server logs so we can all see them, how I joined said hello to Duck who said hello to me. Then I was insulted, fair dues not warning them but me? lol. People who was from their team also vouched for me?

[19:08]
Saxxxio:
        i was on the sever, and apollo said hi to a freind and insults were thrown at him
and apollo only reliped to one of the insults

Your statement is false in multiple ways, so let's get a couple of things clear:

Fristly, the reason why I posted these two warnings now is because you wanted to see public action, despite the fact that I went on the server and warned everyone right then and there that evening in order to calm the situation down. That warning on the server had the exact same effect as the one I have just posted. I told you that on Steam, but from the talks today it seems like you still wanted to some sort of public statement on the forums.

Secondly, regarding your warning, you don't have the right to just join whatever training you wish to watch, even if you are friends with one of the teams playing. You are obviously not getting along with Fallen Pride, but instead of looking to deescalate the situation you actually join their trainings and then complain that they are getting provoced by you typing in admin chat whilst they are playing. If anything is deluded it is to think you can play Warband Police with your admin status on our servers, join trainings of teams that dislike you, provoce them by typing in admin chat and then hope they will all be suspended.

Thirdly, I didn't do nothing. As I said above, I joined the server whilst the match was still going on and warned all players of Fallen Pride. I also took the time to explain you my decision multiple times. Today you complained again, and then removed me. I added you back on Steam and tried to explain it one more time, but I'm not sure how much of my response you actually received because it seems like you removed me again whilst I was typing.

Stay away from their matches in the future.

21:58:29 - Unity_Apollo has joined the game with ID: 1705012
21:58:30 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] PRANKED
21:58:32 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] ****ING
21:58:33 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] NERD
21:58:38 - [FP_Gazelle] apollo
21:58:39 - [nnn_ismar] o **** 
21:58:39 - [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] NICE TK KANE
21:58:41 - [nnn_ismar] unity apoolo
21:58:41 - [FP_Gazelle] BIG FAN
21:58:43 - [NNN_MONTAGNE] unity nipollo
21:58:53 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: hi fans
21:58:57 - [NNN_Frost] where is Unity_Hunter?
21:59:06 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: vanir brother here ready to watch
21:59:09 - [NNN_MONTAGNE] apollo sign my tits
21:59:14 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: sign mine
21:59:19 - [NNN_MONTAGNE] ok
21:59:20 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] apollo
21:59:21 - *DEAD* [FP_Jacko] they are huge
21:59:23 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] steam
21:59:25 - *DEAD* [FP_Gazelle] apollo
21:59:30 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: calm down popeye

Let me finish on a general note: I've started to notice a growing tendancy of a certain group of players trying to **** over their personal enemies by getting the administration involved in their games. I'm here to run a tournament for a couple hundred players, not to help you in your personal crusades. If you have an issue with someone, try to stay away from them. I'm not going to be your useful tool when you are actively looking for the confrontation. If you do look for it, stand up for yourself. This is petty kindergarden behaviour, and I've had enough of my time wasted because of it now.

Scar said:
Your statement is false in multiple ways, so let's get a couple of things clear:

Fristly, the reason why I posted these two warnings now is because you wanted to see public action, despite the fact that I went on the server and warned everyone right then and there that evening in order to calm the situation down. That warning on the server had the exact same effect as the one I have just posted. I told you that on Steam, but from the talks today it seems like you still wanted to some sort of public statement on the forums.

Secondly, regarding your warning, you don't have the right to just join whatever training you wish to watch, even if you are friends with one of the teams playing. You are obviously not getting along with Fallen Pride, but instead of looking to deescalte the situation you actually join their trainings and then complain that they are getting provoced by you typing in admin chat whilst they are playing. If anything is deluded it is to think you can play Warband Police with your admin status on our servers, join trainings of teams that dislike you, provoce them by typing in admin chat and then hope they will all be suspended.

Thirdly, I didn't do nothing. As I said above, I joined the server whilst the match was still going on and warned all players of Fallen Pride. I also took the time to explain you my decision multiple times. Today you complained again, and then removed me. I added you back on Steam and tried to explain it one more time, but I'm not sure how much of my response you actually received because it seems like you removed me again whilst I was typing.

Stay away from their matches in the future.

21:58:29 - Unity_Apollo has joined the game with ID: 1705012
21:58:30 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] PRANKED
21:58:32 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] ****
21:58:33 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] NERD
21:58:38 - [FP_Gazelle] apollo
21:58:39 - [nnn_ismar] o **** 
21:58:39 - [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] NICE TK KANE
21:58:41 - [nnn_ismar] unity apoolo
21:58:41 - [FP_Gazelle] BIG FAN
21:58:43 - [NNN_MONTAGNE] unity nipollo
21:58:53 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: hi fans
21:58:57 - [NNN_Frost] where is Unity_Hunter?
21:59:06 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: vanir brother here ready to watch
21:59:09 - [NNN_MONTAGNE] apollo sign my tits
21:59:14 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: sign mine
21:59:19 - [NNN_MONTAGNE] ok
21:59:20 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] apollo
21:59:21 - *DEAD* [FP_Jacko] they are huge
21:59:23 - *DEAD* [FP_NOTSAXXXIO] steam
21:59:25 - *DEAD* [FP_Gazelle] apollo
21:59:30 - *[ADMIN]* Unity_Apollo: calm down popeye

Edit: Let me finish on a general note. I've started to notice a growing tendancy of a certain group of players trying to **** over their personal enemies by getting the administration involved in their games. I'm here to run a tournament for a couple hundred players, not to help you in your personal crusaders. If you have an issue with someone, try to stay away from them. I'm not going to be your useful tool when you are actively looking for the confrontation.

Well, I did want you to take action and you did so well done im happy :razz:

I joined to watch my friends who are in NNN, I guess if they wanted me to leave they would of said 'could you leave' not apollo you shrek **** etc... No I did not try to play Warband police atall so why are you making **** up? If they was annoyed at me typing in admin chat again they could of said something instead of hurling insults at me concurrently. I joined one training match and typed one time that does not constitute me being targeted for being a 'warband policeman' ??? I merced for NNN lots of times.

Yes you did join the server and tell them to stop and after you left they laughed at you so I dunno if your words did the trick. And I have no personal crusade against them, if you post the rest of the logs you can see how I stopped writing.

It's simple: You and FP don't like each other. Therefore, you look to not meet each other. That includes not joining their trainings. Don't get upset when they are giving you a response when you are joining their training and write in admin chat whilst they are playing. They gave you a response, you wrote stuff back. You both had your share, you both got warned. End of discussion.

750x422

Prußak said:
Why Aelek (Blade) has been banned for the rest of tournament?

UaQNAUF.jpg
If it had been up to me, your whole team would have been banned from the tournament. Give me good reason next weekend, then you can all **** off.

Small suggestion regarding Easter

Next weekend will be easter weekend. Eventhough I do know there is also a vast group who come from countries where there is no christian culture and therefor probably also no christian feastdays, there must very likely also be people in this community who do celebrate Easter next weekend. I am one among those and for example therefor won't be having much time next weekend. I was wondering if we would all be able to get an extension for next week untill tuesday 23th 23:59. I for once would be very happy with that, so in case our opponent wouldnt be able to play coming midweek we can pull it over the weekend. However, I wonder if more people think the same and would like this extension or if its just me. Since I can understand if I am a bit solo in these thoughts, there would not be a sufficient reason to indeed implement this.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Edric

Edric_Dayne said:
Small suggestion regarding Easter

Next weekend will be easter weekend. Eventhough I do know there is also a vast group who come from countries where there is no christian culture and therefor probably also no christian feastdays, there must very likely also be people in this community who do celebrate Easter next weekend. I am one among those and for example therefor won't be having much time next weekend. I was wondering if we would all be able to get an extension for next week untill tuesday 23th 23:59. I for once would be very happy with that, so in case our opponent wouldnt be able to play coming midweek we can pull it over the weekend. However, I wonder if more people think the same and would like this extension or if its just me. Since I can understand if I am a bit solo in these thoughts, there would not be a sufficient reason to indeed implement this.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Edric

That is a good point. Even for the non religious it tends to be a longer weekend that can mean weekends away or family time. We will discuss it and see what can be done.

Extension won't matter much if the default hour is kept sunday 19.30 bst and youre facing someone not willing to play monday-tuesday, just saying.

Charlini said:
Extension won't matter much if the default hour is kept sunday 19.30 bst and youre facing someone not willing to play monday-tuesday, just saying.

I was thinking we might have a weeks break over Easter. as Edrik said it's generally quite a long holiday and players might be away. However, the general view of the admins is that a week's break will not be helpful and that the Easter hols are just as likely to mean that players have more time to play.

I guess the best thing is for teams to try to schedule early next week to avoid issues.

I may be completly in the wrong in all of this, but how are going the Bannerlord keys be given in a fair way when you take statistics into account and some teams get to play more matches than others?

For example, Malta got to play one more match (quarter finals) due to their points in the group stage, they get the chance to play AE in the semis, beat them, and then go into the finals with a lot more playtime and added statistics than ME, wich only had to play vs Unity in semis. And this is only taking into account the recent games, cause Malta had to play an extra game against a Div B team, wich I assume will be added into statistics aswell.

Again, I may be missing something here completely, apologies If i do. If I dont, then I dont see how the keys will be given in a justly manner.

You are right in saying that Malta and Unity got to play one more match than their semi-final opponents, ME and Tully. However, while Malta was playing their promotion matches (against Bengier Squad from Division B), other teams from Division A also had their own matches for seedings. So as it currently stands - Malta and Unity have one more match played compared their opponents, no more.

It doesn't make your point any less relevant when it comes to prizes being distributed according to statistics but just thought that part needed to be clarified. In my opinion, it would also be a nice thing to know what statistics are taken into accounts for the prizes, but maybe players actually prefer it to be a surprise announced at the end of the tournament.

DarkLight said:
I may be completly in the wrong in all of this, but how are going the Bannerlord keys be given in a fair way when you take statistics into account and some teams get to play more matches than others?

For example, Malta got to play one more match (quarter finals) due to their points in the group stage, they get the chance to play AE in the semis, beat them, and then go into the finals with a lot more playtime and added statistics than ME, wich only had to play vs Unity in semis. And this is only taking into account the recent games, cause Malta had to play an extra game against a Div B team, wich I assume will be added into statistics aswell.

Again, I may be missing something here completely, apologies If i do. If I dont, then I dont see how the keys will be given in a justly manner.

That is a good point.

As usual there is a lot more work going on in the background than players might realise, and only 3 admins 2 of whom have had holidays during the tourney. So if some aspects of the tourney are not clear up front it is generally because of time constraints.

Originally the plan was for all teams to play each week, but that was switched up when a team dropped from Div C in the first week, leaving us with an odd number of teams. Our provisional decision to make the stats fair for that is to take an average from all the players in the same division for that week and add that to the stats of the players who are a match down. Obviously even with something that simple there would need to be a few decisions to be made about exactly how that works. All aspects of the prize distribution are to be agreed with TW and although we are keeping Callum fully updated on all aspects of the tournament he also has been extremely busy over the last few weeks.

Which stats will be used for prizes was always going to be announced at the end of the tournament although it was decided beforehand, in order to reduce any distortions due to events outside of the admins control.

I think as your format of competitive warband grows you should add a division bellow div c  and call it amateur league or something, this could be a whole new leagues system and the top team of the amateur league's advances to league c which would mean the team becomes pro or whatever. I think this would be really good and give more people chances to play in this great Warband competition

jackaroo100 said:
I think as your format of competitive warband grows you should add a division bellow div c  and call it amateur league or something, this could be a whole new leagues system and the top team of the amateur league's advances to league c which would mean the team becomes pro or whatever. I think this would be really good and give more people chances to play in this great Warband competition

Thanks for the suggestion. A number of the newer teams have also ssaid tehy feel the div C skill range is quite large and would benefit from being divided. To some extent whether a Div D makes sense will depend upon how many teams sign up to the next WNL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom