[WNL7] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scar said:
The final standings will then be used for the initial seeding of WNL8, so there is a reason for every single team to stick around and keep playing.
I see what is the intention of this rule and I do approve of it personally, but can you tell us what determines a Team?
This is not issue for clans that tend to have only minor changes in roster, but for the teams that are made for tournaments and players that "clan-hop" it may be useful to know.

Example: If one team earns promotion to higher division than goes and changes 80% of the roster to add more skilled players (in order to have better chance in new division), all while let's say keeping the name they had in previous season, are they considered as a team that have earned spot in new (higher) division and do they keep playing there in WNL8?

Again, this is no issue for clans, but it may be fair to warn players that tend to change teams every tourney before we start, so they don't end up complaining later:p

Edit: originally posted in wrong thread, so moved it here:p

Erminas said:
I see what is the intention of this rule and I do approve of it personally, but can you tell us what determines a Team?
This is not issue for clans that tend to have only minor changes in roster, but for the teams that are made for tournaments and players that "clan-hop" it may be useful to know.

Example: If one team earns promotion to higher division than goes and changes 80% of the roster to add more skilled players (in order to have better chance in new division), all while let's say keeping the name they had in previous season, are they considered as a team that have earned spot in new (higher) division and do they keep playing there in WNL8?

Again, this is no issue for clans, but it may be fair to warn players that tend to change teams every tourney before we start, so they don't end up complaining later:p

Edit: originally posted in wrong thread, so moved it here:p
This rule was set in place with the idea to stabilize teams by giving them a clear incentive to stay together. It is players that make up a team, not a name in our opinion. Should teams drastically change their roster for whatever reason after this season, the administration will decide whether they should be treated as a new team on a case by case basis. There is no clear checklist I could give you on what defines a 'team', but, as judge Potter Stewart once famously put it, I know it when I see it.

You are definitely right in pointing this again though, we will make sure to remind teams before the start of the next season again.

_Osiris_ said:
Will there be a schedule for the seasons or will you be announcing them when and if you can host them
We have a vague schedule planned out, we will announce everything once the time is right. You can be assured though that we intend to keep our word.

Apollo~ said:
Anyone else been having issues with the Germany servers or just us?
I'll speak to LordMetzger, see what we can do. If anyone wants to provide more servers message me please. :smile:

Just want a point of clarification if i may.

At the 4 week mark the first two teams in Division C get to play a promotion match but at the end of the season only the top team in Division C is promoted while the 2nd place team in B gets to play again for a spot in division A.

Doesn't it seem a tad harsh to only allow the top team from Div C to be automatically promoted and the 2nd team doesn't get another chance like the other leagues?

_Osiris_ said:
Just want a point of clarification if i may.

At the 4 week mark the first two teams in Division C get to play a promotion match but at the end of the season only the top team in Division C is promoted while the 2nd place team in B gets to play again for a spot in division A.

Doesn't it seem a tad harsh to only allow the top team from Div C to be automatically promoted and the 2nd team doesn't get another chance like the other leagues?
Thanks for pointing that out, that's a copy paste error. Bascially, at the end of the season, 1st of B and C automatically go up to A and B, whilst the 6th and 8th of A and B automatically go down to B and C. The 2nd place of B plays against the 5th place of A, and the 2nd place of C plays against the 7th place of B.

Has been fixed in the rules.

is it possible that you guys upload the screenshots of maps, factions and everything else to somewhere else, i still have no idea what map we are going to play this week because i cant see imgur since its banned in Turkey and threads are locked so i also can not get links to see them via proxy

Is this what you meant or do you also want the links from the map thread?

Week 3
Waterfall: Rhodoks vs Sarranids
Verloren: Swadians vs Vaegirs

Week 4
Reveran Village: Nords vs Vaegirs
Sandi:  Vaegirs vs Rhodoks

Week 5
Fort of Honour: Sarranids vs Vaegirs
Frosthaven: Nords vs Vaegirs

Week 6
Waterfall: Nords vs Rhodoks
Verloren: Swadia vs Vaegirs

Week 7
Sandi: Sarranids vs Rhodoks
Reveran Village: Nords vs Swadians

Grand Finals
pick/ban: Nords vs Rhodoks
pick/ban: Sarranids vs Swadians

We've gone through all our threads and uploaded all images to a new site. According to Rayden, the pictures can now also be viewed in Turkey.

I think Waterfall is somewhat condensed and small for a 8v8 format since it was originally thought for 6v6. Needs to get a wee bit bigger in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom