[WNL7] Congratulations & Thank Yous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
cross.png
In memoriam of Chapman.

We must begin with sad news. During the course of the tournament, Chapman died of cancer at a much too young age. The entire admin team, and I think I can speak here on behalf of the rest of the community as well, would like to express their deepest condolences to all family members and his team Fallen Pride. We wish you much strength and hopefully soon more beautiful days. Let us never forget how precious life is and how much our community can mean in the life of the individual.​

Kloney said:

Just like to hijack the post a bit to give a bit of info and say about Chapman,

He was diagnosed roughly half a year ago with Leukemia, as far as we were aware at the time he was doing well through chemotherapy but sadly he died on the 8th of April in hospital surrounded by his loved ones after complications. I'm sure he'd be extremely embarassed by all the attention he's getting, he was always a shy guy! He was a part of our little group of friends called Sanguine for almost 8 years, we played lots of different games together but warband was always our main one. I made sure that we got in contact with his family, spoke to his mum and dad and also showed them all of the messages of good will which were put on his steam profile by all of his online friends. 10 of us (almost all of our small group of friends) managed to get down to his funeral on the 25th of April and say our final goodbyes, his mum was very pleased we could make it as were we, and his family was astounded by the amount of online support he got.

So i'd like to thank the WNL team for posting a little memorium to him, he meant a lot to us and to see how much he meant to others also is just proof to how much of a great guy he was to be around and how great a life he led.

I'll be sure to show any messages to his family and if anyone would like to donate we've been told that donations kindly made would go to CLIC Sargent, Macmillan & the Churchill Hospital.

Thanks a lot
Kloney & The Sanguine boys​

1.png

Congratulations & Thank Yous

Now the irrelevant part of this post, allow me to thank a couple of people who've helped make this tournament happen. As tradition commands though, let us first congratulate our winners.

Aeronwen said:
We have a James the 1st situation here… Congratulations to House Tully on their first ever tournament win! And to Tully’s core players from AE who have their 6th WNL gold. Teamwork, skill and consistency over many years of playing and winning tournaments have led once again to a well deserved gold medal.​

Next up, congratulations and commiserations to Unity. You guys have yet again played a fantastic tournament. You fell short at the end, but you should be proud of the consistently strong performances you have shown throughout.

Finally, congratulations to Knights of Malta who have played a fantastic tournament as well. You have been around the block for quite some time, yet still make further progress with each and every tournament you play. Keep going guys, you are definitely headed in the right direction.​

House-Tully2.png
Unity1.png
Knights-of-Malta2.png

First of all, many thanks to my colleagues Aeronwen and Deacon. I am sure I speak for the whole community when I say that I am extremely grateful for everything you have done and continue to do for our scene. It was once again a joy and honor to work with you. Many thanks also to Charlini who helped us with the initial setup of the tournament.

Next up thanks to all our referees this season who invested their time in order to ensure matches are played out as smoothly as possible. This season we've been lucky enough to get some new teams on board, I know that your work has made their start into competitive Warband much easier and more enjoyable. Thank you to Achaner, huN, Kane, Kiano, LastShadow, Surkan and LastShadow. A special thanks to our new referee Wardo who oversaw 13 matches and our new head of referees Rome, who has supervised an incredible 33 matches this season.

Thank you also to our generous server sponsors BulleZ, Cheshire Cats Clan and LordMetzger. Without you, tournaments such as the Warband Native League simply wouldn't be possible. You were always approachable and took a lot of time to help us with even the smallest questions. Thanks a lot for that!

Then there are those who provided us with livestreams for our pleasure during the duration of the tournament. Thanks you to Apfel, the entire team behind BladeCast_TV, Fietta, Greedalicious, Janczar and The_Cardboard_Box as well as their co-casters Aeronwen, Gibby, Kane, Pixelated Apollo and Vincent. Thanks also to Apfel, Apollo, Barischa, Ciiges, Herishey and Phillus who shared their PoV recordings with us.

Next up, there are a few more individuals that need to be thanked also. Thank you to our community manager Callum and TaleWorlds for providing us with the new tournament logo and most importantly the prizes. Many thanks to yami_pirate and Harman, who once again provided us with their fantastic statistics, which this season have even been the decisive criterion for the awarding of the prizes. Thanks a lot to DatFrog! for his stunningly beautiful player awards and prize icons. Thank you to Oliveran for providing us with the module and the admin-by-ID-system. Thank you to captainlust and Erminas whom we owe the fixture generation tool to, thanks to BulleZ and Vincent who ran the betting corner, and also thanks to Matt for spreading the word about the tournament on Mercenaries!

Many thanks to everyone who posted suggestions and feedback and shared their ideas about the tournament with us, helping us to constantly improve and develop it further.

And last but not least, I want to thank every team, every single player that participated. We hope you all had a good time playing in the tournament.

Apologies to anyone I may have missed out.​

All the best
Scar

Last edited:
Player Awards

These are awarded by the administration to the players they feel had the most impact in their respective class and division. There are no prizes associated with these awards but they do confer epic bragging rights. Congratulations! I'm forced to post this because Scar refuses to award himself in his own tournament.​

WNL-Aero-A-3.png

Best Infantry Division A
WNL-Aero-A-2.png

Best Ranger Division A
WNL-Aero-A-1.png

Best Cavalry Division A

WNL-Aero-B-3.png

Best Infantry Division B
WNL-Aero-B-2.png

Best Ranger Division B
2.png

Best Cavalry Division B

1.png

Best Infantry Division C
WNL-Aero-C-2.png

Best Ranger Division C
WNL-Aero-C-1.png

Best Cavalry Division C
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Scar said:
cross.png
In memoriam of Chapman.

Sadly, we must begin with sad news. During the course of the tournament, Chapman died of cancer at a much too young age. The entire admin team, and I think I can speak here on behalf of the rest of the community as well, would like to express their deepest condolences to all family members and his team Fallen Pride. We wish you much strength and hopefully soon more beautiful days. Let us never forget how precious life is and how much our community can mean in the life of the individual.​

Rest in peace friend.

that aside, sick tournament, ran very smooth. Thanks to all the players and admins involved.

I would like to start of thanking Scar, Deacon and Aeronwen for hosting this amazing tournament in such a professional and smooth manner. Without the three of you this tournament would have never been anywhere close to being the best tournament out there. In my opinion atleast.

Secondly I would like to give a huge shoutout to all the refs who reffed the matches. In particular Rome, the god of refs, and Wardo, the son of Rome. Without you the admin team would not have been able to check and update everything so quickly.

Thirdly I would like to thank all teams who participated in this tourney. I think the amount of teams really demonstrates the quality of this tournament, and the geniune love for the game from all of these players. Without all of these teams the tournament would've never been so exciting.

I would also like to give a massive shoutout to all people who recorded their matches and uploaded their PoV's, its always a fun time watching those. Not to mention the streamers for streaming alot of matches, giving us such joy to watch them back. In particular I'd like to give CardBoard a shoutout as he is simply such an amazing streamer for covering the amount of matches he did. He even invited me to co-cast a couple of matches and it was great.

Thanks to my own team, FTW, for letting me play for you guys. We didn't perform how we had hoped, but in the end we all had fun and that's all we can really ask for.

Thanks to Yami and Harman for the amazing statistics once again, the tournaments have gained some more competitiveness thanks to those stats.

Thanks to Tardet for making a few previews, they were fun to read as always.

I find out a very nice sign that you even included a little section for Chapman. I personally did not really know him well, but he deserves to be mentioned as he was always a great and positive guy.

Thanks alot for the great tournament once more, hope there will be a season 8!

It was a lot of fun admining this tourney with Scar and Deacon, it's a well oiled machine by now.  I can't say enough what great tournment admins they are, especially when I am with them!

Rome is just immense, everyone who played, streamed or admined owes him a huge debt. He not only reffed an amazing number of matches but he also took over organising the refs.

Thanks everyone who took part, this was a hugely enjoyable tournament. In addition to everyone thanked in Scar's post above I want to say I was really impressed by the new teams who joined us, I respect the good will and helpfulness of the new team's captains, they really went out of their way to make admining as easy as possible. You guys are a great addition to the scene and I do hope you will stay around for future tournaments.

All the streamers spend their time streaming when they could be playing and I am thankful to be able to rewatch the matches, great job all. Hello and welcome to Pixellated Apollo who made the tournament look really great in his vids. Apfels streams were very laid back and he is a most appreciated addition to the streamers.

Datfrog was asked at the last minute to come up with the icons used for awards and prize winners and he did an amazing job in no time at all.

Finally thankyou Hun for asking me to play with DONER and to all my teammates, it was a fun time playing with you. We had a lot of fun :smile:

Thanks to all admins involved for taking the time to host and manage this tournament which required a lot of work and time dedication.
The tournament was organised and managed very well. I'm hoping to see more quality tournaments like this one, great work once more!  :party:

One of the most enjoyable tournaments I've ever played in and by far the smoothest run. I can't think of any major problems or issues that weren't solved quickly and efficiantly. Brilliant job to all involved and thanks for hosting it.  :party:

A huge thanks to Aeronwen, Deacon and scar for organizing this amazing tournament had a blast!

Thanks to all my co-casters: Kane, Aeronwen, Deacon, pepper, vincent, Walja and Pixleated Apollo! And bladcast for letting me join them for the final!

Big shoutout to my team for winning their first matches :p

And finally congrats to House Tully for winning WNL7!

Thanks to the admin team, you people ran this tournament very proffessionally (espicially the best one -Aero!- :smile: ). Also having a division system was a great experience.
Thanks for all who has been part of the tournament, it was really fun.
Thanks to my teammates for the great environment.

And may you rest in peace Chapman, very sad to hear it  :sad:

Regards to the admin team, not only for the tournament itself but also the way it was all managed, by what I mean getting a good enough prize for our small community and the fluent run the 7th series of the WNL had. It is also worth mentioning that you guys remembered about Chapman, once again showing how professional it all is. I also happened to be chosen as the best ranger in this tournament(div a ofc) which is adding to the positive impact this WNL had on me.

Thanks everyone for being the part of our community, because I think we all together managed to create a pretty impressive tournament in our old but gold Warband.

PepperKP said:
One of the most enjoyable tournaments I've ever played in and by far the smoothest run. I can't think of any major problems or issues that weren't solved quickly and efficiantly. Brilliant job to all involved and thanks for hosting it.  :party:
+1

Rest in peace, Chapman.

The tournament was interesting. I could not take an active part in this, but watched the video streams.

And a few words about Chapman. I did not know him, but I think he was a good man and a good player. These two features are rarely seen in the warband. On behalf of the Russian-speaking players and my team, we give our condolences

Scar said:
cross.png
In memoriam of Chapman.

Sadly, we must begin with sad news. During the course of the tournament, Chapman died of cancer at a much too young age. The entire admin team, and I think I can speak here on behalf of the rest of the community as well, would like to express their deepest condolences to all family members and his team Fallen Pride. We wish you much strength and hopefully soon more beautiful days. Let us never forget how precious life is and how much our community can mean in the life of the individual.​
Quality Gesture

Cheers for this and the entire tourney.

Aeronwen, Deacon and Scar make for the best admin team this community ever had. Thanks for the time you three continuously put in keeping the native competitive scene enjoyable and active, but also to the many other people who contribute to making the Warband Native League such an enjoyable tournament (Rome <3). Looking forward to the WNL8.

Farewell Chapman. I hope you are in a better place blader.

Back
Top Bottom