[WNL6] Week 6 Fixtures - Deadline 07/01

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
m1tchell23 said:
So. AE lose very early on in the tournament, this means we have a much larger climb to make against the bad teams to get back up to the top, once we're up there we'll be fighting all the hard teams the same as everyone else. The fact reunited and unity are playing again just shows they're both on the same high skill level.

So shut the **** up and accept this gracious praise the tournament is showing  the community. Or we can request the admins to make you play **** teams for the rest of the tournament ../.

Mitchel if you aren't smart enough i will explain it for you: we have won against them 2 times already how can we be on the same skill lvl.

That shows us that tournament system is broken and doesn't work the right way. The only way to make a fair and interesting tournament is random ,  although i would not trust admins when 3 out of 5 are from one team , anyone with a little bit of brain would understand that they are biased. Btw AE is the only one team in top 5 that plays against team outside of top 5. :lol:

Zoyka said:
m1tchell23 said:
So. AE lose very early on in the tournament, this means we have a much larger climb to make against the bad teams to get back up to the top, once we're up there we'll be fighting all the hard teams the same as everyone else. The fact reunited and unity are playing again just shows they're both on the same high skill level.

So shut the **** up and accept this gracious praise the tournament is showing  the community. Or we can request the admins to make you play **** teams for the rest of the tournament ../.

Mitchel if you aren't smart enough i will explain it for you: we have won against them 2 times already how can we be on the same skill lvl.

That shows us that tournament system is broken and doesn't work the right way. The only way to make a fair and interesting tournament is random ,  although i would not trust admins when 3 out of 5 are from one team , anyone with a little bit of brain would understand that they are biased. Btw AE is the only one team in top 5 that plays against team outside of top 5. :lol:

That is kind of the point. This system is intended to have teams of a similar level play each other and have good games. Its not there to give the top 6 teams a free ride to the knockout stages by winning 12-0 every week against weak teams. This system should in theory make matches over all more competitive so weaker teams play weaker teams more often and have good matches.

Your all going to the knockout stages anyway :p

Killerbart said:
Well I guess all of this could have been avoided by adding a little "teams can only play the same team twice/thrice during ladder stage"?

I initially didn't want to limit rematches too much as it's possible for teams to end up very close throughout the tournament (e.g. 2 teams become very dominant) and so in all likelihood they should play each other multiple times. However some upper limit like 2 possible rematches only might make sense.

?️NS Marko said:
Why's there like 3 days left for this 'week' now?

Due to delays from the holiday week.

Zoyka said:
m1tchell23 said:

98788515.jpg

Rey' said:
Можешь не гавкать , все равно в ае не возьмут.

Scar said:
I wish I was able to forsee the results of 111 matches, tournaments would be a piece of cake for AE.
Unfortunately you haven't forseen this
dcaeCHi.jpg

UPD. Ye , It is cool that you deleted your post , I am tired reading your excuses.

Bendetto said:
Best format is Division A, B,  C  :wink:

Division A and a challenger division which is run like this whole league stage would be realistic i guess, top teams nowadays arent disbanding at rates they did when we had Div A B C. This self sorting league is weeks of stomps, when we just take the top 8 here for the next tournament we will have closer and more exciting matches in the upper and the lower division.

Those matchups are very unfortunate indeed, but there is no reason to blame admins over this. Mitchell, please dont defend a system where you got lucky and tell those who were unlucky that its totally fair and the best situation, you dont really think that this league reflects the skill, do you ? With Wolfpack, LL, and Spacekhergits beeing above Reunited and R playing Unity again, this smells like a potential Agincourt situation to me.

Zoyka said:
Scar said:
I wish I was able to forsee the results of 111 matches, tournaments would be a piece of cake for AE.
dcaeCHi.jpg

UPD. Ye , It is cool that you deleted your post , I am tired reading your excuses.
I deleted my post because I wanted to spare you from exposing your stupidity once again, but it turns out you were too stupid to see that. Your accusations of bias are completely idiotic because it is an automated system that was explained publicly before the tournament started.

Good luck for the rest of the tournament, maybe you can keep your 1.0 KD for the rest of it although after yesterday it doesn't look like it.

AnchorTheMean said:
Firunien said:
With Wolfpack, LL, and Spacekhergits beeing above Reunited and R playing Unity again, this smells like a potential Agincourt situation to me.

I kinda agree. Admins should probably change the knockout stage to top 8 teams.

Nonsense. If we're going to just change the rules every tournament to get what we think are the "right" top teams, we may as well just have eternal knockouts and every other team can hang.

It's more interesting to have an actual close run for who makes the next stage. Realistically only of those teams mentioned has a chance of making it and if they pull off an upset and make it, that's perfectly fine.

At most there's going to be 1 in 6 surprise teams at the end. Hardly an agincourt, where the best team (Castellan) were robbed of victory...

Well OGL, i just think teams which have no shot at reaching knockouts would have a lot more interesting tournament if they had to face less stomps. I am not pulling this out of my butt, i heard from a lot of people that they liked the old division system much more because they had closer matches and the possibility to get a good result. Division C 3rd sounds much better then WNL6 19th :grin:

No I agree with divisions Firu. If there is a lot of demand I'd totally be up for it, it just depends on whether teams stick around. That's also why I suggested a permaladder.

I just don't think current league is looking to end up too imbalanced, even if the fixtures haven't been perfect.

I had in plan to write a massive wall of text with TL:grin:R - fuc* off... then I realised I would just lose my time with being rude.

I think I can express an opinion of the whole team when I say that it is unbalanced and unfair. No one could see that coming, not us, not you and I don't blame anyone, but I ask you to simply reconsider doing something with this.

Also, for future reference, Buchholz score system isn't capable of proper "placement" of the teams with the same score.

Scar said:
Zoyka said:
Scar said:
dcaeCHi.jpg

Good luck for the rest of the tournament, maybe you can keep your 1.0 KD for the rest of it although after yesterday it doesn't look like it.

These matchups could've been way better if there were no draws in this tournament so i think if you add an tiebreaker map for next tournament matches it can improve this system. And Mitchell just accept that you were lucky in match ups and leave, you dont need to insult people. We know it is not AE's fault to play vs average teams. But you should accept it and stop responding. We lost 1 match vs FT you lost a match vs GWB. We are playing vs FT again you are playing vs Wolfpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom