[WNL3] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OurGloriousLeader said:
Suggest some clarification on rules regarding spectators joining a team and thus able to see from that team's point of view. Today I told a player to stop doing it, but looking at the rules I can't see anything specifically forbidding it, and nothing regarding punishment.

Hm. True, will speak to the other admins.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Suggest some clarification on rules regarding spectators joining a team and thus able to see from that team's point of view. Today I told a player to stop doing it, but looking at the rules I can't see anything specifically forbidding it, and nothing regarding punishment.
Rend said:
Andrej1 said:
Zaharist said:
Nothing is said about specs
How many specs are allowed? Who are allowed to spec? Is it possible for specs to follow their team mates by joining the team and going back to specs without spawning? What is the punishment for those who join-to-spec opposite side?

In my opinion matches should be played without specs (not counting referees, tournament admins, streamers). If both teams agree specs could be allowed to join and watch from teammembers view.

It's very handy to have players that can jump in if somebody crashes. However it's too easy for spectators to cheat by surpassing the camera restrictions. Perhaps kick any spectator that joins after "live on restart"?

Also wanted to suggest "Standart match day and time" for teams that fail to agree on it.
For example - Saturday (20.00 BST if both teams are EU), (19.00 BST if at least 1 team has BST+2 local time (or more) ), (18.00BST if both teams have BST+2 or more), (smth for americans), german servers.

Zaharist said:
Also wanted to suggest "Standart match day and time" for teams that fail to agree on it.
For example - Saturday (20.00 BST if both teams are EU), (19.00 BST if at least 1 team has BST+2 local time (or more) ), (18.00BST if both teams have BST+2 or more), (smth for americans), german servers.

This is why we have referees.

~Scar said:
Zaharist said:

This is why we have referees.

So it's up to referee?
Hope none of them will make biased decision in favor of any team.

In division C, is it possible that maintaining the lowest possible round difference (for the easiest fixture) would be a good move? I think so. That might need looking at. Perhaps simply randomising fixtures for teams on even points would be fairer.

Captain Lust said:
In division C, is it possible that maintaining the lowest possible round difference (for the easiest fixture) would be a good move? I think so. That might need looking at. Perhaps simply randomising fixtures for teams on even points would be fairer.
Just going to bring this down to the bottom to make sure it gets seen. Think it's pretty important.

Also want to add that for teams who play after other teams it's almost possible to pick their opponent by planning for the round difference.

EDIT: As a theory it's like... say after the first week, the two teams with most round difference are being called the best two teams so they play each other. But that means according to the league's logic that out of the best two teams one will lose a match in the second week. So the league contradicts itself by keeping down one of it's self best two teams. Over time these issues should be resolved but I think there is a logical flaw in the way the system operates if it includes round difference like this.

EDIT2: If you don't want random, one possibility is to match the highest round difference against the lowest round difference for the same points (which basically makes it the old picking system with forced autopicks :grin: best system!). :lol:

Although picking will still work better... since it gives teams the chance to make conscious decisions (e.g. picking a team with high round difference who only got it because of a default win).

Captain Lust said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We decided to match teams with the same points by putting the team with the highest RD vs the one with the lowest RD ( etc.. ).  This should avoid teams trying to "plan" their round difference.

Duken said:
Captain Lust said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We decided to match teams with the same points by putting the team with the highest RD vs the one with the lowest RD ( etc.. ).  This should avoid teams trying to "plan" their round difference.
That works. Honestly RD is only really going to be important at the start and it's not a particularly accurate or valid tool, no matter how you use it. But at least this stops teams from benefitting by losing rounds in any way.

To comply with the reasonable request to move discussion about the calculation of Division C's fixtures to this thread, I'll post here.

Since it's clear that this week isn't going to change, despite my protests, I would like to request some clarification on whether or not alphabetical order acting as a factor in the fixture calculations was an error, an oversight or an intended function. I would also like to know whether or not this is the same way fixtures will be handled for Week 3 and if not, how they will be handled for Week 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom