[WNL3] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ doesn't really matter if the player is added or not

We have these two rules:

Should a player not be on a roster and play for a team, then then the player will be treated as a member of that team and will be added to their roster. If that player was already on another team's roster then the team and the player will face punishment, though that punishment is down to the discretion of the admins.
Teams may only play 2 or less players that are not currently on their roster in a match.

So as long as the player is not on another teams roster it doenst really matters if the player is added prior to a match or not.

Edit: got you point now^^ but in this case it's the teams fault...admin can't be active 24/7 and teams can simply add the player 24 hrs prior to a match...

Alright, we've introduced some new rules/fixes/clarifications dealing with everything that has been pointed out, at least I hope so. The admins are still discussing how to deal with matches a team that left the tournament has played.

Captain Lust said:
They pretty good nice.

Any clarification on the deadline for signups.? Is it 06/04 19 BST for the divisions or 18 BST to give some time or midnight?

Good point, will be 18 BST.

sotamursu123 said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299538.msg7124911.html#msg7124911

cba to edit it to fit WNL but check it out.

Don't you think this will make things even harder then they are now? I mean, I'd say you can argue more about whether a map favors cavlary, archer or infantry more than whether it is open or closed. And even if we change the map classification system, what are the benefits?

~Scar said:
sotamursu123 said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299538.msg7124911.html#msg7124911

cba to edit it to fit WNL but check it out.

Don't you think this will make things even harder then they are now? I mean, I'd say you can argue more about whether a map favors cavlary, archer or infantry more than whether it is open or closed. And even if we change the map classification system, what are the benefits?
Dis.

So is there a default server location? If we're having problems deciding what server then It's nice to have a default server location so we don't spend precious hours arguing :smile:

More to Cradocs suggestion:

We were wondering whether the default for North American teams will be France, UK, or Germany.  We will of course, be hoping you will give us the chance to play on servers that allow us to have lower pings (so, Germany would be a hindrance to say the least).

I know some of you are thinking this is a little hypocritical of us, as we made European teams entering UNAC play on a central NA server, rather than one that would give them lower pings (although we did leave it to NA team discretion to choose which server they would like to face the European teams on, so they did end up playing regularly on eastern servers to the best of my knowledge).

This was a ruling made not because we have an irrational fear and/or hatred towards Europeans (after all, I was born on that side of the world :grin: ), but because of two main reasons:

• wK is predominantly west coast US/Canada (the coast furthest away from you guys).  We're a pretty large continent, the difference between east and west is ~100 ping.  We wanted Europeans to play central because some of us had worse pings on US east servers than the Europeans
  • On the same subject, North American routing is much worse than European, so our pings are inherently worse than yours

The point is, I think the situation is different with us going over there than you guys coming over here.  The difference between our pings in French servers to German is upwards of ~50:

German:
mb22.jpg

French:
mb24.jpg

Now look at these screenies of Europeans in North America:

65KzdMR.jpg

So, consider what I've said here.  It's a small ruling that would give us a fighting chance despite our pings.

Cheers, prost etc boys,

Gelden

Gelden said:
More to Cradocs suggestion:

We were wondering whether the default for North American teams will be France, UK, or Germany.  We will of course, be hoping you will give us the chance to play on servers that allow us to have lower pings (so, Germany would be a hindrance to say the least).

I know some of you are thinking this is a little hypocritical of us, as we made European teams entering UNAC play on a central NA server, rather than one that would give them lower pings (although we did leave it to NA team discretion to choose which server they would like to face the European teams on, so they did end up playing regularly on eastern servers to the best of my knowledge).

This was a ruling made not because we have an irrational fear and/or hatred towards Europeans (after all, I was born on that side of the world :grin: ), but because of two main reasons:

• wK is predominantly west coast US/Canada (the coast furthest away from you guys).  We're a pretty large continent, the difference between east and west is ~100 ping.  We wanted Europeans to play central because some of us had worse pings on US east servers than the Europeans
  • On the same subject, North American routing is much worse than European, so our pings are inherently worse than yours

The point is, I think the situation is different with us going over there than you guys coming over here.  The difference between our pings in French servers to German is upwards of ~50:

German:
mb22.jpg

French:
mb24.jpg

Now look at these screenies of Europeans in North America:

65KzdMR.jpg

So, consider what I've said here.  It's a small ruling that would give us a fighting chance despite our pings.

Cheers, prost etc boys,

Gelden

i don't think there's gonna be any problems regarding the server as the only one i know that fights to get an unfair server in EU is paulo (and PE but they're ded lel) and he always wants a french server...  :lol:

Would be good to clarify it nonetheless. I disagree that such an option should be aimed at north americans only though: if there is a default option, it should be aimed at everyone, not just a specific group of people. Heck, if they make the default option french, we will have to fight Paulo on France everytime...

I believe the best solution would be to have an admin/a referee decide what server is fairest if both parties can't come to an agreement. Usually people don't have that much difficulty with granting you a more enjoyable time tho.

Watly said:
I believe the best solution would be to have an admin/a referee decide what server is fairest if both parties can't come to an agreement. Usually people don't have that much difficulty with granting you a more enjoyable hand tho.
This. Deciding on a default server for all matches defeats the purpose of having multiple-location servers.

Folms said:
Watly said:
I believe the best solution would be to have an admin/a referee decide what server is fairest if both parties can't come to an agreement. Usually people don't have that much difficulty with granting you a more enjoyable hand tho.
This. Deciding on a default server for all matches defeats the purpose of having multiple-location servers.

Nah, the point of the default server is if both teams are arguing to play on different servers, not to simply force everyone to play there.

Directed at you Gelden, the only reason we were participating is because we all had decent enough ping. Perhaps important for context is that DoF has europeans with worse ping than us, we also did nit-picking to get players with lowest ping possible to play which means some people were excluded from playing because their ping was simply too bad. Have a look at Anders ping.

We are aware of the situation for North American teams, tho I have to agree with Folms. If both teams fail to agree on a server, then they should contact a referee for a decision. This will not only ensure that teams don't have to play on a bad server when there is a better option available for both teams, I think it will also avoid drama and *****ing between the teams.

~Scar said:
We are aware of the situation for North American teams, tho I have to agree with Folms. If both teams fail to agree on a server, then they should contact a referee for a decision. This will not only ensure that teams don't have to play on a bad server when there is a better option available for both teams, I think it will also avoid drama and *****ing between the teams.
What about teams can apply for NA "status", if they get approved then they can force a France server, for every other team the default is Germany.

During the Nations Cup it took teams literary seconds to agree on what server to play on, I don't think we had a single problem. Imposing a default server is just unnecessary imo.

Folms said:
During the Nations Cup it took teams literary seconds to agree on what server to play on, I don't think we had a single problem. Imposing a default server is just unnecessary imo.
Folms said:
During the Nations Cup it took teams literary seconds to agree on what server to play on, I don't think we had a single problem.
Folms said:
it took teams literary seconds
Folms said:
literary seconds
Folms said:

Even if it did take them literally seconds, there's no guarantee it will do here. It's been a problem before. What's your argument against having a default server? In any case, I think there might as well be a rule about it, since there aren't many situations to define. It will basically be defined by precedents set in the first few weeks anwyay.

Plus I think if you have a rule then it stops teams being victims of their own "good nature"...

Folms said:

Well, there wasn't really much choice since every server had lag problems apart from french ones and UK iirc.

Captain Lust said:
What's your argument against having a default server?
I'm fine with having a default server, but my problem with that is many people now want different locations. What's the point of us trying to find donors if we already have one who can provide us with a German server? If somebody provides a server with a different location to the one set as a default, we will probably use it as backup meaning it's be waste to keep it online all the time because it's likely that it won't be used very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom