[WMT] Warband Masters Tour - Main discussion,suggestions and questions topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Ciiges said:
can't you change the system? 2 matches are literally the same as this week, perhaps change it around a bit?

It's a bit sad yet it's always been the system we have been using Ciiges, when playing a ladder. 1st vs 8th. 2nd vs 7th. 3rd vs 6th. 4th vs 5th. And it's not the first time either we got arguably four strong teams fighting eachothers in the quarters and two going out very quickly.

Just out of interest do admins have the Buchholz score of the league noted anywhere? I have a feeling it would have led to a better elimination stage.

If you've not worked it out anywhere don't bother doing so I don't care that much.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Just out of interest do admins have the Buchholz score of the league noted anywhere? I have a feeling it would have led to a better elimination stage.

If you've not worked it out anywhere don't bother doing so I don't care that much.

No - it was irrelevant in the end as there were no ties on overall score. The elimination stage is working out fine ^^

You can have upsets and end of the day who wins wins, but it's pretty undeniable the quarter finals looked different from what most of the community would have judged fair directly from performance within the league, which shows a flaw in the league system for next time.

I suggest OGL's patented ECL2 fixture and league system but it's up 2 u

OurGloriousLeader said:
You can have upsets and end of the day who wins wins, but it's pretty undeniable the quarter finals looked different from what most of the community would have judged fair directly from performance within the league, which shows a flaw in the league system for next time.

I suggest OGL's patented ECL2 fixture and league system but it's up 2 u

A fair tournament does not prejudge who should win, not does it make decisions based on who anyone thinks should have won.  We are not interested in running unfair tournaments.

OurGloriousLeader said:
And the fairest way to run a tournament is to take into account the strength of previous opponents. We agree!

OGL's patented ECL2 system works like that.
Then OGL should keep and use his patented system for ECL3 :fruity:

It wasn't exactly the same (especially with how fixtures were set and defaults were given, which completely altered the final results here), and just because it would have a more fair and representative outcome doesn't make it irrelevant because you wanted to have 'every round count'.

OurGloriousLeader said:
It wasn't exactly the same (especially with how fixtures were set and defaults were given, which completely altered the final results here), and just because it would have a more fair and representative outcome doesn't make it irrelevant because you wanted to have 'every round count'.

This system gives the most fair and representative outcome based on how the teams actually perform. BS may do that where the only variable is which person you play (it was developed for chess) but here we have different maps, different factions and variable team lineups from week to week. Part of the point of this tourney is teams selecting the opponent they think they can achieve most rounds from based on teh knowing the maps, factions and team structure.

If you played every week on Winterburg with just Nords and had teh same team lineup every week your system might be more appropriate. That is not what this tournament aimed for though.

The scoring system for WMT intentionally positively encourages selecting the team you deem the weakest that is available to you. Bucholz is really the opposite, it would make no sense to have it in this tournament.

Anyone who has issues with the rules of a tournament should say so before it starts. Anyone who does not like the structure of a tournament is free not to join. Complaining that this tournament is not a totally different tournament is non-sensical at best.

Well first of all rather than taking offense and telling people not to join the tournament why not just accept constructive criticism lol, I get why you've used the current system but I think it's shown to be non-representative. Further, if you really wanted to represent the different maps and factions and lineups by having rounds be so important, why did you repeatedly allow default wins to give 24 points to the top 8? Doesn't that offset the entire thing?

And frankly the picking system has repeatedly proven to not be a good measure people making choices that make sense. Heroes and Hitmen in particular are notorious for throwing themselves on AE's swords.

OGL's patented ECL2 system did away with all that.

SE0MuTN.png

It's patented

Back
Top Bottom