Rules & Regulations
Maturity and Respect
(1) Players should respect both the letter and the spirit of the rules. The responsibility for ensuring that this happens lies not with one individual - it involves captains, players and referees. It is through discipline, control and mutual respect that the Spirit of the Game flourishes and these are the qualities which forge the fellowship and sense of fair play essential to the Game’s ongoing success and survival.
(2) In order to maintain a serious and professional environment players must be respectful and polite towards their opponents on the WLL Groupboard and the WLL Servers. If a player shows a poor attitude and displays rudeness or immaturity he or she will be punished by the tournament administration. The range of punishments reaches from a warning to a ban from of the tournament, depending on the weight of the crime.
(3) Any team that uses, incites or benefits from disruption to the matches, practice sessions or organisation of other teams will face disciplinary action at the administrations discretion, up to and including disqualification from the tournament.
(4) Any team knowingly helping players to bypass sanctions imposed by the administration will be removed from the tournament.
(1) It is strictly prohibited to modify the game files or implement modifications, e.g. aimbots or autoblock. Every player that is found to have modified files or using game modifications will face disciplinary action at the administrations discretion, up to and including a ban from the tournament. Exceptions from this rule are listed in Appendix A.
(2) When requested by the match referee players must take a screenshot of their game view while holding any kind of ranged weapon or, if they have no ranged weapon, their melee weapon, pokeystick or lance. Players should ensure the screenshot contains the referee message, the scoreboard and buildings or players. Those players must post their screenshot within 30 minutes of the match ending on the forums or send it to a tournament admin or the match referee. Failing to comply with any part of this rule will result in a one match ban for that player.
(3) If a player is found to have broken any of the rules during a match and the admins determine that rule break gave any possible advantage, that player's team will forfeit the relevant rounds.
(1) The tournament will be split into a 5 week ladder format which will dictate placements in a 3 week playoff to decide the overall champion of the Warband Ladder League. Further details on each stage are outlined below.
Ladder Stage Format
(1) At 19:00 BST on the Tuesday of each tournament week there will be a pick night in which a team representative will pick their opponent for that week. This will take place in a single discord text channel to ensure it is a transparent process. Picking order will be from the bottom of the ladder to the top. If a team doesn't pick a team within 2 minutes of being requested then they will be skipped. The week 1 picking order will be seeded by the tournament administrators.
(2) A win awards the winning team 3 points while a draw awards 1 point to each team. The losing team will receive no points.
(3) In the case of teams sharing the same number of points, their head to head score will decide their ladder position. If they haven't played each other yet then round difference shall dictate their ladder position
(4) A team's position at the end of the 5 week ladder period will decide which playoff they will play in.
Playoff Stage Format
(1) There will be 3 separate playoffs containing 6 teams each. The tier which a team qualifies for is decided by their position on the ladder by the end of week 5.
(2) The tiers are divided into position 1-6, 7-12 and 13-18 on the ladder.
(3) The top two teams in each tier will go straight to the semis while the other four teams will play each other to progress. The third ranked team will play the lowest ranked and advance to play the second ranked team in the semi final of the playoff. The fourth ranked team will play the fifth and the winner of that match will progress to play the highest rank team in the tier. The winners of the semis will go on to play in the tier final while the losers will play for third place.
(4) Matches cannot draw in the playoffs and will go to Winterburg to decide a victor in the case of a draw.
(1) Teams have until Thursday 19:00 GMT to notify the tournament administration about the date and time of their match in the match thread for that respective week. If a team is not able to contact their opponent before Thursday morning, they must post in the match thread short message explaining the situation. Should the opponent fail to make their presence known by the deadline, then teams will be able to select a date of their choice from within the deadline. Should neither team post the tournament administration will post a default time and date.
(2) Teams are not allowed to agree a date that falls after the deadline for their official match unless allowed by the tournament administration.
Maps & Factions
(1) Maps and factions will be determined in advance throughout the tournament except for the playoffs.
(2) You must choose from the map pool used in the ladder stage of the tournament.
(2) For the playoffs, teams will determine the maps during a pick and ban event. Picks and bans will be done in the following order: Team A bans, Team B bans, Team A bans, Team B bans, Team B picks, Team A picks. Factions will be determined in advance using a random number generator.
Roster RulesPlayer Specifications
(1) Each team member may be listed by one name only in the team roster.
(2) Name changes during the tournament may be allowed at the admins discretion.
(3) Any game ID listed to a player in a team roster must be unique to that player. Using a game ID that has been used by any other player at any point is forbidden.
(4) There is a roster cap of 12 players.
(1) Any player who has not yet played in an WLL match may join a team at any time. However, once a player has played for one team they may not play for another team during this WLL.
(2) Transfers may be requested by unplayed players themselves or the captain of their new team with confirmation from the player or the captain of their old team.
(3) Any player not yet on any roster may be added to a roster at any time by the team captain, with confirmation from the player.
(4) A capped player cannot be removed from a team's roster without admin approval.
(1) It is strictly prohibited for a player to play for more than one team during the tournament. Any player that was found to play for more than one team will be suspended for the rest of the tournament. The second team to field that player will be punished at the discretion of the administration.
(1) All matches must be played on dedicated Warband Revival Tournament servers. It is not allowed to play an official tournament match on another server, unless a tournament administrator agreed beforehand. Teams that play on a server other than a WRT Server without permission will be deducted 3 points, however this punishment will be rescinded if, within 24 hours of the match start, they provide the tournament administration with the server logs of the match day.
(2) Both teams have to agree to play on a particular server. If the teams cannot agree on a particular server, they have to ask a referee or administrator for a decision.
(3) Whilst booking a server is not mandatory, teams that booked a particular server up to 30 minutes before their scheduled match start have priority to play on this server even if other teams are already playing there or want to play there. The team that did not book the server has to leave the server if the other team forces them to do so. Teams that refuse to leave the server even though another team with higher priority wants to play on this server will be deducted three points.
(1) Referees are available on request but are not mandatory. Requests for a referee can be made towards the administration by either team's captain or a potential streamer.
(2) Each Team captain is responsible for ensuring that a screenshot is made of each set result. Captains must be able to produce such screenshots should they be requested to do so by a tournament administrator. In the case of a dispute the team that cannot produce a screenshot will forfeit disputed rounds.
(1) Both teams have 15 minutes to gather their players on the agreed server. If a team fails to turn up with at least seven players 15 minutes after the agreed match start, the other team must contact an admin immediately and will be awarded a default win.
(2) Teams are not obligated to wait more than 5 minutes between maps and sets and are allowed to enforce a restart after these periods of waiting.
Player Names & Tags
(1) Players must play with the name they are signed up under in the team roster. If a player plays with a different name for the first time, he or she will be warned. For the second time he or she will be suspended for one match.
(2) Players must wear the team tag during official matches. If a player plays with a different tag for without one for the first time, he or she will be warned. For the second time he or she will be suspended for one match.
(1) Each match consists of 2 sets played on each of 2 maps, thus 4 sets in total. After the first set on each map the teams will swap spawns and factions. Each set will be won by the team that is the first to win 3 rounds. Each match will be won by the team with the higher number of rounds won at the end of the 4 sets.
(2) The team shown on the left side of the fixture is 'Team A', the map shown on the left side of the fixture is 'Map A' and the faction shown on the left side of the fixture is 'Faction A'. Team A starts on Faction A on Map A and Faction B on Map B.
(3) Each team may field up to 8 players. Teams must field at least 7 players before the match starts or forfeit the match. The other team is under no obligation to match the other team's numbers. A team is not allowed to go under 7 players at any given point. If a team goes under 7 players they have to forfeit the remaining, which will be added in favour of their opponent to the final score.
(4) In the case of a default, rounds played are recorded as played, rounds unplayed are recorded as the defaulter losing all remaining rounds.
(1) Spectators from both teams are allowed by default. However, if one team requests to have no spectators their request must be granted and all spectators have to leave the server. Should a player refuse to leave the server, he will be suspended for one official match.
(2) External spectators (i.e. players that do not belong to either team) have to ask for permission from both captains to spectate the match. Should an external spectator join with the tag of either team trying to appear as one of their players, he will be suspended for one official match given he is playing in the tournament. Any unofficial spectator may be banned from all official servers at the admins discretion.
(3) Tournament administrators and referees do not need permission to spectate a game.
(4) Spectating the match from team members view by joining either team is not allowed at any given point. If a player is found spectating from team members view by joining a team, he or she will be suspended for one match.
(1) Substitutions are only allowed between each set without restrictions. If a team substitutes a player during a set, documented by screenshots or streams for example, for the first time, the relevant rounds count as lost, for the second time the relevant rounds count as lost and they will be deducted three points, and for the third time they will be suspended from the tournament.
(2) If a player crashes on game, substitutions can be made after the round has ended though this is limited to one substitution per round. A player counts as crashed once he drops out of the server. If a player crashed on game and the team substitutes him in the same round or two players crashed on game and the teams substitutes both of them in the same round, documented by screenshots or streams for example, for the first time, the relevant rounds will count as lost, for the second time the relevant rounds will count as lost and they will be deducted three points, and for the third time they will be suspended from the tournament.