With the new terrain system, what are the new features that we can implement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seafoodking

Recruit
@mexxico I know that you may not be in charge for the battles, but please forward to the right person! Thanks!
  1. I wish they can have ambush system, especially in the forest and mountain terrains. We can drop rock boulders from the mountain, and rain arrows from the deep forest etc. Currently the scouting, and tactic skills are useless, but if we can have more features for the terrain system, there will be more variations in battles.
  2. If the #1 is more of an tactical feature, than this is for strategic feature. Enable players & AI to launch a strategic military campaign, and to establish choke points (This would be especially awesome if there will be alliance system, where the war scales to alliance vs alliance).
  3. Enable players & AI to establish strategic stronghold, which they are temporary and destroyable.
This is what I had come up with so far while using the bathroom, lol.

Please respect everyone's suggestions, as we all love Bannerlord! Share your opinions!

I like the idea of implementing regional borders with the terrain. You own the territory of the battle map to the castle or town and your improvements could add regional effects. Such as updated roads give parties a speed boost in the region.

But the real benefit would be to add clan wars independent of kingdoms. Clans fighting for regional control within a kingdom. Take a town from a rival clan to increase your power and influence within a kingdom.

Well depending on the code I could see it as actually be a mechanism for establishing realistic borders and zones of control. There is a big part of me that would love it for fortifications which includes towns as well as castles to establish a zone of control around them that prevents parties/armies of certain sizes to pass by them without having to take and occupy those fortifications first.

The way I envision it would be that maybe an party or army under 150 would have no restrictions at all going anywhere on the map with the logic being that a unit that size in times of war could theoretically infiltrate the border pretty easily and live off the land and that in times of peace it wouldn't be a large enough army to be consider a threat to the kingdom. This also allows for almost unrestricted raiding to happen during wars. However any party or army OVER 150 would be prevented from entering the zone of control of any fortification owned by a rival faction. This is in peace and war so no 1000+ man armies gracefully wandering your kingdom or making war on a faction on the other side of the map while using your Kingdom as a springboard for their invasion without your permission.

This would be a great basis for a lovely strategic gameplay loop and would make owning chokepoint castles and cities have actual meaning as critical strategic locations while making warfare seem more realistic. This also opens the door for more diplomacy options where you could negotiate military access if you did want to attack across another factions territory and even make it so strategic alliances could be a thing. Also would have situations where there is one castle in the middle of your kingdom, owned by another faction with breaks immersion.

Also since we are taking about fantasy features Taleworlds would never implement, I would love to see the actually major choke point castes and towns be able to be upgraded to fortresses so they were really tough to crack but if they feel, it would be really, really bad for the defending faction.

Well depending on the code I could see it as actually be a mechanism for establishing realistic borders and zones of control. There is a big part of me that would love it for fortifications which includes towns as well as castles to establish a zone of control around them that prevents parties/armies of certain sizes to pass by them without having to take and occupy those fortifications first.

The way I envision it would be that maybe an party or army under 150 would have no restrictions at all going anywhere on the map with the logic being that a unit that size in times of war could theoretically infiltrate the border pretty easily and live off the land and that in times of peace it wouldn't be a large enough army to be consider a threat to the kingdom. This also allows for almost unrestricted raiding to happen during wars. However any party or army OVER 150 would be prevented from entering the zone of control of any fortification owned by a rival faction. This is in peace and war so no 1000+ man armies gracefully wandering your kingdom or making war on a faction on the other side of the map while using your Kingdom as a springboard for their invasion without your permission.

This would be a great basis for a lovely strategic gameplay loop and would make owning chokepoint castles and cities have actual meaning as critical strategic locations while making warfare seem more realistic. This also opens the door for more diplomacy options where you could negotiate military access if you did want to attack across another factions territory and even make it so strategic alliances could be a thing. Also would have situations where there is one castle in the middle of your kingdom, owned by another faction with breaks immersion.

Also since we are taking about fantasy features Taleworlds would never implement, I would love to see the actually major choke point castes and towns be able to be upgraded to fortresses so they were really tough to crack but if they feel, it would be really, really bad for the defending faction.
+1 to all of this although I don't think it would ever be implemented by TW

+1 to all of this although I don't think it would ever be implemented by TW
Yeah that is why I called them, "Fantasy features Taleworlds would never implement". That sort of change to the basic gameplay would require the entire game be balanced quite differently including how the AI moves and selects targets and you would have to have a massive overhaul of the diplomacy system. It is just a dream that I wish Taleworlds would have shared when the started creating Bannerlord in the first place.

I agree about the idea of ambushes.... it would be just fantastic and it has been discussed many times.

But sadly the other things are just dreaming really in the context of Talewords. Mind you, I also find the toilet a brilliant source of creative thinking! Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom