[With Polls] Start listening to the community rather than just putting devs who doesn't even play the game in charge to make decisions!

Which changes do you support?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of witnessing all the nonsense changes, multiplayer is heading in the wrong direction, start listening to the community and change whoever was making these awful and foolish decisions with someone else who knows what he is doing, preferably someone who actually plays the game from time to time.

Last edited:
Singleplayer is heading in the right direction. Especially after 1.7.0, a very good update. I agree that multiplayer can be improved a lot. Removing the death counter was nonsense.

Singleplayer is heading in the right direction. Especially after 1.7.0, a very good update. I agree that multiplayer can be improved a lot. Removing the death counter was nonsense.
Didn't touch the Singleplayer in a long time, I just want it to be near finalized to start another campaign but there seems to at least some improvement like finally fixing siege. There seems to be good quality mods as well so I'm hopeful about SP. Multiplayer is being run like someone is trying to piss people off on purpose for months now, all the nonsense decisions.

someone else who knows what he is doing, preferably someone who actually plays the game from time to time
I would still prefer that the direction of MP development be determined by someone much more committed and competent in the game than someone who plays it from time to time. But it looks like a daydream, alas ?

A major update is not a new direction. It's a major update that won't be followed by more major updates and wasn't preceded by major updates. This is basically it.
It's better than nothing though.

Couldn't agree more. The absurdity of TW's failure after failure is shocking. Its like a brand new company decided to develop multiplayer, they literally forgot everything that made the previous game good, and just decided to make it crap. Every time a horde of people suggest something different, they decide to do the exact opposite just to show them. It doesn't make any goddamn sense. I appreciate the thread, but I hope we all acknowledge this will do about as much as shouting at the monitor, as that's what this forum boils down to. I'm starting to think we should start recommending bad things so that TW decides to do the opposite and actually does good things. Reverse psychology these clowns.

All these threads are great and all, but how many do we need to change the direction of the game? It seems that the devs has their own vision of the game and just going with that.

All these threads are great and all, but how many do we need to change the direction of the game? It seems that the devs has their own vision of the game and just going with that.
We will do...
whatever-it-takes-captain-america.gif

We all had enough, no?

From my understanding, the things that TaleWorlds won't change are:
-Archer spam being overpowered, because TaleWorlds actually wants Bannerlord to be played like a shooter
-Vlandia being the best at archer spam, just cuz
-Imperial Recruit being absolute garbage. Sure, there was that one time when they gave him the Pugio to kill most shock troops with a thousand paper cuts, but that ship has sailed. I think they want to convey the message that the Calradian Empire has more soldiers on the battlefield than they have the weapons to adequately equip them, so their primary tactic is to outnumber the better equipped and better trained light infantry (peasants/shock troops/skirmishers) of other factions. In a multiplayer setting where the games are expected to have even headcounts, this sort of aesthetic falls apart due to actual gameplay mechanics not meshing well with the targeted aesthetic. I actually wonder if it'd be a good idea to replace the "Footwork" Perk 2 with a Reinforcements perk for non-captain modes (Adds a singular AI-controlled recruit to your retinue. Always has 4 regular javelins regardless of your Perk 1 selection. Deals -20% less melee damage/-30% for ranged until player-controlled)

From my understanding, the things that TaleWorlds won't change are:
-Archer spam being overpowered, because TaleWorlds actually wants Bannerlord to be played like a shooter
-Vlandia being the best at archer spam, just cuz
-Imperial Recruit being absolute garbage. Sure, there was that one time when they gave him the Pugio to kill most shock troops with a thousand paper cuts, but that ship has sailed. I think they want to convey the message that the Calradian Empire has more soldiers on the battlefield than they have the weapons to adequately equip them, so their primary tactic is to outnumber the better equipped and better trained light infantry (peasants/shock troops/skirmishers) of other factions. In a multiplayer setting where the games are expected to have even headcounts, this sort of aesthetic falls apart due to actual gameplay mechanics not meshing well with the targeted aesthetic. I actually wonder if it'd be a good idea to replace the "Footwork" Perk 2 with a Reinforcements perk for non-captain modes (Adds a singular AI-controlled recruit to your retinue. Always has 4 regular javelins regardless of your Perk 1 selection. Deals -20% less melee damage/-30% for ranged until player-controlled)
Out of all the things they've refused to change over the years, this is what you come up with lmao.

Out of all the things they've refused to change over the years, this is what you come up with lmao.
Archers had a long-running history of being absolutely overpowered, and the Imperial Recruit has been a fatal flaw of the Empire faction since release, barring a handful of updates.

It's clear to me that TaleWorlds wants to try and sell some a weak unit as a swarmer, ignore the fact that most games expect even headcounts per team. If they insist that the Recruit should be balanced around swarming better-equipped units, perhaps they should consider giving AI companions to this specific unit type in non-captain modes so as to fulfill his purpose in swarming?

Last edited:
Archers had a long-running history of being absolutely overpowered, and the Imperial Recruit has been a fatal flaw of the Empire faction since release, barring a handful of updates.

It's clear to me that TaleWorlds wants to try and sell some a weak unit as a swarmer, ignore the fact that most games expect even headcounts per team. If they insist that the Recruit should be balanced around swarming better-equipped units, perhaps they should consider giving AI companions to this specific unit type in non-captain modes so as to fulfill his purpose in swarming?
>Captain mode xd
It's just ai fighting ai, not multiplayer, thus your opinion doesn't really matter.
Archers have been nerfed since a few patches. You seem to be complaining a lot about archers. There's a thing called a shield. It protects you from throwings and arrows when you right click, maybe you've heard of it before.
Even in competitive ,there's only a handful of good archers, even they go infantry sometimes because of how vulnerable archers are due to its low moving speed.
Archers are almost useless and situational in real multiplayer, i don't know about bot killing mod aka captain mode.

>Captain mode xd
It's just ai fighting ai, not multiplayer, thus your opinion doesn't really matter.
Maybe someday you will grow up to understand the meaning of the captain mod, lad. In the meantime, I advise you to calm down your toxicity towards other members of the gaming community,
There's a thing called a shield. It protects you from throwings and arrows when you right click, maybe you've heard of it before.
because at the same time you look like a child who has learned to speak, but does not always think about what to say.
i don't know about bot killing mod aka captain mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom