With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

I forgot how to trigger the black mace quest, If I remember correctly I had to get my relations with the nation to +10, several times I got that yet I couldn't trigger the quest. is there anything I am missing?

I'm like half way through the deluge quest (I've replaced the Crimean dude, conquered all their stuff and sorted the alliance) and I had just relinquished my oath with the Khan...
And I may have accidentally conquered a few castles as a rebel...
Mainly so that I could weaken the Ruskis before rejoining the Poles.

How do I join a kingdom now that I'm 'Moscow Rebels'  :roll:

I tried to talk to King Jan but the option to declare fealty is not there...

Any ideas guys?

Hello people. I am having an issue with the caravans I send.
They seem to be earning more than they should.

For example, let's say that bread is worth 50 thalers in the city I want to send it to. If I send 20 units of bread, I should make 1000 thaler. However, I don't make 1000 thaler, I make more. Am I missing something?

Hi i'm from Ukraine, and I like ur game, when I first played , ofc I was going to Kiev and other Ukranian cities and town's , and when I'm recruted a cossack's to my army, I heard my language, when one of the troops screamed "shoot him, Nicholas!" and I was immediately going on steam options and selected a languages, and I didn't see there a Ukranian or even Russian languages, and I was surprised , because that's pretty old game, and u still don't have a official localization, and here is the joke: there is a Ukranian and Russian languages on pirate versions of the game. So please could u make a localization for this game and for ur other 2 game's? 

Hello I'm not sure where to post as I am new to the forums but I have been trying to activate the game but it keeps saying that it can't reach the server. I have tried both manual and auto but both give me the same thing. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Is there any way, other than 1. spending skill points and 2. reading a book, that a skill level could be raised?

I just noticed I have 20 Charisma and 7 Leadership, even though with 20 Charisma my max should be 6. An earlier savegame indeed has 20 and 6, so something happened since that savegame, something that I missed and that raised my Leadership. Now I'm wondering what it could possibly have been. And no, I haven't read any stat-raising books.

Is there any way, other than 1. spending skill points and 2. reading a book, that a skill level could be raised?

I just noticed I have 20 Charisma and 7 Leadership, even though with 20 Charisma my max should be 6. An earlier savegame indeed has 20 and 6, so something happened since that savegame, something that I missed and that raised my Leadership. Now I'm wondering what it could possibly have been. And no, I haven't read any stat-raising books.
No, there is no way. I have just checked WFaS's source code and I can attest to that one can raise Leadership skill only by reading a book or spending skill points. I am not sure if any book raises one's Leadership skill only while it is in one's inventory, but there surely is at least one that permanently adds one skill point to Leadership after it has been read. I also am not sure if any companion can influence one's count of skill points while he or she is in one's party. Leadership in this case is only a commander's ability.

Python:
(eq, "$g_player_reading_book", "itm_book_leadership"),
         (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player", "skl_leadership", 1),
         (str_store_string, s2, "@ Your leadership skill has increased by 1."),

I try to order my surgeon to retreat when assisting my king with a siege, so he doesn't pointlessly get wounded. Doesn't work. Are orders meant to not work in sieges? Or is there anything I can do?

Have you tried assigning your surgeon to a custom troop group, so that he or she can be given exclusive orders?
Well yes, that's what I meant by giving him orders.
There seem to be weird hardwired behaviours about sieges, like the game knows better what I want than I do. Troops can pretty much only move forward, and even if I gather them all under one ladder to attack the weaker-defended side, as soon as I give the go to attack they disperse towards other ladders again.

Do those high-armor horses exist? I don't remember ever seeing more than 13 armor on a horse, and I've been checking religiously. Did they get removed in a patch or what?

Well yes, that's what I meant by giving him orders.
There seem to be weird hardwired behaviours about sieges, like the game knows better what I want than I do. Troops can pretty much only move forward, and even if I gather them all under one ladder to attack the weaker-defended side, as soon as I give the go to attack they disperse towards other ladders again.
If it is hardcoded into the game, then you cannot do anything about it.

Do those high-armor horses exist? I don't remember ever seeing more than 13 armor on a horse, and I've been checking religiously. Did they get removed in a patch or what?
As of now (1.143), there are no armored horses in WFaS. Everyone can modify the game to add them though.

Back
Top Bottom