With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Since with fire and sword doesnt have cloud saves how will i transfer data from my old computer hard drive to the new one? I assume i need to download the game and copy paste the old saves right?

Since with fire and sword doesnt have cloud saves how will i transfer data from my old computer hard drive to the new one? I assume i need to download the game and copy paste the old saves right?
Savegames are located in your Documents folder, name of the game (i.e. "Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword"), Savegames. You can copy and paste it from there, onto a USB stick or whatever, and then in the same folder on your new PC (if the folder is not there yet just run the game, it should create it for you). That *should* be all you need to do as far as I know.

If you are just changing the drive the game is on but not the one your documents folder is on (same as operating system, usually), you should not have to do anything at all, though having a backup can obviously be useful some times :wink:

Hello All,

I have a 4x4 key which i have accessed via Steam and my purchase. I have inputted it however it says that activation is denied?

Could someone very kindly help, many thanks in advance

What are the three main storylines? How can I access them?
I'm travelling all around the map and talk with every lord, but I really don't get how to start those quests
The storylines should get triggered when talking to a lord and accepting his offer to work for a liege. The conversation should happen after having established reputation with a faction and its lords.

Savegames are located in your Documents folder, name of the game (i.e. "Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword"), Savegames. You can copy and paste it from there, onto a USB stick or whatever, and then in the same folder on your new PC (if the folder is not there yet just run the game, it should create it for you). That *should* be all you need to do as far as I know.

If you are just changing the drive the game is on but not the one your documents folder is on (same as operating system, usually), you should not have to do anything at all, though having a backup can obviously be useful some times :wink:
I gotta take a second look and ill come back

Last edited:
nothing is showing up in the saved games folder though. could it be because I installed it on the new pc it was overwriting?
If savegames show up in-game, their files must be present in <user>\Documents\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Savegames\Ogniem i Mieczem\ (for Native WFaS). Simple as that. Maybe you somehow lost your savegames if you cannot find them on your old computer.

If savegames show up in-game, their files must be present in <user>\Documents\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Savegames\Ogniem i Mieczem\ (for Native WFaS). Simple as that. Maybe you somehow lost your savegames if you cannot find them on your old computer.
maybe the were deleted from my old ssd when i installed the game on my new pc? that just seems weird that they would disappear from a drive.

maybe the were deleted from my old ssd when i installed the game on my new pc? that just seems weird that they would disappear from a drive.
Do your old and new computers somehow share the same drive? How come doing something on one disk would affect another? Anyway, if it is not on there, it is gone forever. If you did not delete the files or remove them to a new location, something must have deleted/ overwritten/ removed them somewhere else.

Do your old and new computers somehow share the same drive? How come doing something on one disk would affect another? Anyway, if it is not on there, it is gone forever. If you did not delete the files or remove them to a new location, something must have deleted/ overwritten/ removed them somewhere else.
no, they are on different drives.

i couldn't find the documents folder on the old drive
Try this: launch WFaS on your old computer, start a new game, save it a couple of times (if you have free slots) and exit the game. Then relaunch it and see if your savegames are there.
  • If there are none, it means that there is an issue with saving files by the game to directory in Documents.
  • If there are some, check your drive for them; the format is sg**.sav (the asterisks are numbers starting from 00, 01, 02, 03 and so on).
I cannot help you further because the issue might be as well caused by some OS-specific or technical culprits, such as file architecture, permissions, faulty or malfunctioning drive, malicious software and so forth.

This is the last post of mine pertaining to your question since the pool of possible solutions to your problem has just been exhausted. As I said before, I do not have access to your computers and drives, so I cannot have knowledge about what exactly causes your problem. Maybe it is not an issue with the game, but with your software/ hardware since WFaS does not have anywhere to save games (missing Documents directory).

Try this: launch WFaS on your old computer, start a new game, save it a couple of times (if you have free slots) and exit the game. Then relaunch it and see if your savegames are there.
  • If there are none, it means that there is an issue with saving files by the game to directory in Documents.
  • If there are some, check your drive for them; the format is sg**.sav (the asterisks are numbers starting from 00, 01, 02, 03 and so on).
I cannot help you further because the issue might be as well caused by some OS-specific or technical culprits, such as file architecture, permissions, faulty or malfunctioning drive, malicious software and so forth.

This is the last post of mine pertaining to your question since the pool of possible solutions to your problem has just been exhausted. As I said before, I do not have access to your computers and drives, so I cannot have knowledge about what exactly causes your problem. Maybe it is not an issue with the game, but with your software/ hardware since WFaS does not have anywhere to save games (missing Documents directory).
i really appreciate you being this dedicated to helping me resolve this issue

Back
Top Bottom