With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I wonder is there any mod for WFAS that allows enlistment as a soldier like in floris mod for warband?

Is there a way to ADD custom music to this game so it plays along with stock music instead of REPLACING it?

Thanks

Modding question - AI reinforce problem

After around 200 days in my games, many AI lords stop reinforcing parties properly. They stop at varying numbers well below their potential, like the Tzar who is stuck with only 7 in his party. I've had a long look in module system with no success. If anyone has a suggestion please share.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried 0 and 1, still no success unfortunately. I'm assuming they go to a center every 3 days, since they reinforce troops in just a few seconds when inside.

I noticed something strange about AI party sizes
- Changing the limit doesn't increase it, AI recruitment is determined by how many cells
- I increased the cells of fac leaders from 8 to 18, noticed they all had around 520-550 where as the Tzar had only 470. I would expect the opposite to be true since he is wearing a Tzar hat that gives him +50. Also considering faction leaders all end up with small party problems, maybe in some way party size limit is actually having a negative affect.

I could be completely wrong, but i'm open to anything that might solve this.

Faction leaders are more aggressive and therefore subject to higher levels of attrition. However, your problem sounds extreme. You might have a corupt save. Have you considered using a save game editor to refil the Tzar's party?

Edit: There is also +50 black mace. However, I believe the +50 army sizes only effect the player party sizes if they are carried, not AI party sizes.

Sorry i wasn't very clear. I tried your fix on one of my longer saves with the reinforce problem. The cell count change i just used on a new game, before the faction leaders became trapped in small parties. The problem affects every faction leader (and many lords), i used the Tzar's 7 as the lowest example. I don't think it's attrition since even if they stay at a fortress or town for a long time it doesn't increase. All 3 of my different characters over 200 days have the reinforce problem, so it's probably not corruption. I'll see how editing the save file goes, but i'm really hoping for a permanent fix. 

Thanks for correction, it does only affect players.

I camped in a city and ran an unmodded game for 180 days in background. It surprised me by replicating your results. The Tzar stopped recruiting. I'd never paid any attention to him previously.

Maybe something is overwriting the slot which records how long ago he last recruited troops.

Edit - tracked down the problem. The Tzar's slot_party_type was no longer equal to spt_kingdom_hero_party. Some bug must have over written it. Just needs to be reset prior to the second ms_fill_ai_officer_troops script call in module_triggers.py.

bob123 said:
...... the faction leaders became trapped in small parties. The problem affects every faction leader (and many lords), i used the Tzar's 7 as the lowest example. I don't think it's attrition since even if they stay at a fortress or town for a long time it doesn't increase. All 3 of my different characters over 200 days have the reinforce problem, so it's probably not corruption. I'll see how editing the save file goes, but i'm really hoping for a permanent fix. 

Permanent fix.

add to the bottom of module_scripts.py:

("reset_kings_type",#unbugs kingdom_lord's slot_party_type
[
  (try_for_parties, ":cur_party"),
      (party_is_active, ":cur_party"),
      (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":leader_troop", ":cur_party",0),
      (this_or_next|eq,":leader_troop","trp_kingdom_1_lord"),
      (this_or_next|eq,":leader_troop","trp_kingdom_2_lord"),
      (this_or_next|eq,":leader_troop","trp_kingdom_3_lord"),
      (this_or_next|eq,":leader_troop","trp_kingdom_4_lord"),
      (eq,":leader_troop","trp_kingdom_5_lord"),
      (party_set_slot, ":cur_party", slot_party_type, spt_kingdom_hero_party),
  (try_end),
]),

Then in module_triggers.py change this trigger:

(0, 0,  9, [], [ #was 4*24
  (call_script, "script_ms_fill_ai_officer_troops"),

]),

to:

(0, 0,  9, [], [ #was 4*24
                  (call_script, "script_reset_kings_type"),
                  (call_script, "script_ms_fill_ai_officer_troops"),

]),

Thank you so much, it didn't take long to see it in action. I added knight_1_1 to knight_5_20 because some vassals were affected also. There are a few other bugs i'd like fixed but they are minor compared to this, so i'll have an effort at them myself and ask later if i can't do it.

NPC99 said:
XCram said:
Who is responsible for WFaS engine updating ?

No one. WFaS uses an old version of the Warband engine (version 1.143) & won't be updated.

Ok, I know what it uses. What's the problem with WFaS ? Who is responsible for updating it to the latest Warband engine ?
Why it's not possible ?  :neutral:

XCram said:
NPC99 said:
XCram said:
Who is responsible for WFaS engine updating ?

No one. WFaS uses an old version of the Warband engine (version 1.143) & won't be updated.

Ok, I know what it uses. What's the problem with WFaS ? Who is responsible for updating it to the latest Warband engine ?
Why it's not possible ?  :neutral:
WFaS is a DLC (i.e. not produced by Taleworlds). There have been at least 8 Warband engine upgrades since 1.143 & WFaS has not been upgraded for any of them. There is no financial incentive for anyone to upgrade WFaS.

Warband has only been upgraded to facilitate later DLCs such as Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest, which produce new revenue streams.

WFaS is a DLC (i.e. not produced by Taleworlds). There have been at least 8 Warband engine upgrades since 1.143 & WFaS has not been upgraded for any of them. There is no financial incentive for anyone to upgrade WFaS.

Warband has only been upgraded to facilitate later DLCs such as Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest, which produce new revenue streams.

Ok... I know that it's DLC  :facepalm:
Let's say someone HAS an intention to update WFaS. Someone believes that updated WFaS can produce new revenue streams.
So why it's impossible to update ???  :facepalm:
If there is no financial incentive, then Taleworlds put unacceptable conditions ? Am I right ?
Or it's Snowbird's fault who doesn't want to continue this project ?

XCram said:

Ok... I know that it's DLC  :facepalm:
Let's say someone HAS an intention to update WFaS. Someone believes that updated WFaS can produce new revenue streams.
So why it's impossible to update ???  :facepalm:
If there is no financial incentive, then Taleworlds put unacceptable conditions ? Am I right ?
Or it's Snowbird's fault who doesn't want to continue this project ?

It's not going to happen. In March 2017 the investors in Snowbird slashed the number of developers following problems with their latest game Eador Imperium. Any resource left is fully focused on fixing that. Nothing much is happening on Blood & Gold Carribean either.

Edit - however, this doesn't stop people creating new mods for WFaS - I'm making one myself about the English Civil War.

It's not going to happen. In March 2017 the investors in Snowbird slashed the number of developers following problems with their latest game Eador Imperium. Any resource left is fully focused on fixing that. Nothing much is happening on Blood & Gold Carribean either.

Edit - however, this doesn't stop people creating new mods for WFaS - I'm making one myself about the English Civil War.

OMG... English Civil War for WFaS ?  :shock:
Having updated Warband engine with VC ? Just why do you need it...  :facepalm:
Look, suppose that we are a small group of developers having enthusiasm to update WFaS. We don't need any prepayments from Snowbird. We need to know what is the problem with updating WFaS engine. After all, if Snowbird doesn't need this project, let us continue it ! Let we'll find investors to buy WFaS and to update engine. Because we don't want to make any useless mods using this outdated engine.
Or if they aren't going to sell it and aren't going to continue it -- what the h is going on ?  :neutral:
(Of course, that small group of developers doesn't exist. For now.  :smile:)

XCram said:

OMG... English Civil War for WFaS ?  :shock:
Having updated Warband engine with VC ? Just why do you need it...  :facepalm:
Look, suppose that we are a small group of developers having enthusiasm to update WFaS. We don't need any prepayments from Snowbird. We need to know what is the problem with updating WFaS engine. After all, if Snowbird doesn't need this project, let us continue it ! Let we'll find investors to buy WFaS and to update engine. Because we don't want to make any useless mods using this outdated engine.
Or if they aren't going to sell it and aren't going to continue it -- what the h is going on ?  :neutral:
(Of course, that small group of developers doesn't exist. For now.  :smile:)

The warband engine used by WFaS is owned by Taleworlds and licenced to Snowbird. I can't see those financial arrangements being unpicked. Equally, K700 has said he sees no sense in developing a version of WSE for the old engine used by WFaS. WSE would be the only realistic method of upgrading WFaS.

Why do you need WFaS upgraded? I don't.

Fundamentally, the old WFaS engine is the same as the latest Warband engine without a number of new operations that just make life easier for coders. Most of the Warband upgrades are just to ensure that Taleworlds only has one version of its code to support across all of the DLCs which run as mods. WFaS is excluded because Snowbird chose to market it separately (i.e. Without needing Warband installed).

Both will be overtaken when Bannerlord is released.

The warband engine used by WFaS is owned by Taleworlds and licenced to Snowbird. I can't see those financial arrangements being unpicked. Equally, K700 has said he sees no sense in developing a version of WSE for the old engine used by WFaS. WSE would be the only realistic method of upgrading WFaS.
OMG, what are you talking about...  :dead:
Are you working in Taleworlds to be that sure about licensing issues ?  :facepalm:
And why do we need WSE to upgrade WFaS engine ?  :shock:
WSE is a third-party program and nothing more  :roll:
Why do you need WFaS upgraded? I don't.
But wait, aren't you trying to make a mod using that outdated engine ?  :shock:
Are you sure ?  :???:

Fundamentally, the old WFaS engine is the same as the latest Warband engine without a number of new operations that just make life easier for coders.

I wonder who told you this...  :shock:
Warband engine has very important functions and capabilities ! Just check it yourself ! Compare WFaS and Warband operations, compare module.ini
For example, in WFaS you can use 'scene properties' only in multiplayer, unlike Warband.

Most of the Warband upgrades are just to ensure that Taleworlds only has one version of its code to support across all of the DLCs which run as mods. WFaS is excluded because Snowbird chose to market it separately (i.e. Without needing Warband installed).

Both will be overtaken when Bannerlord is released.
This slightly clarifies the situation. They buy a separate license for using Warband engine, and make WFaS. Then they again buy a license for using an updated engine (which is considered as new?), and make Caribbean.
So, if we need to update WFaS, we need to buy a new engine license from Taleworlds along with some kind of permission from Snowbird.
I hope the price will be lower considering the approaching Bannerlord release.

Back
Top Bottom