With Fire & Sword: Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
1Samildanach said:
So Left 4 Dead should be marketed as a mod for Halflife?
Pfft, Half Life was just a mod for Unreal.
Quake, actually. And it was a bit more than that. It didn't re-use any of the old assets, for one thing. I believe the proper term for such a product is "total conversion".

Archonsod said:
Pretty sure Valve term it "New Game". Given they're in the gaming industry, I'm somewhat inclined to take their word over yours.
We've already discussed this, refer to the point I made earlier about product descriptions made by people who are trying to sell the product. Though to be quite fair in this case it's probably justified, given that Valve modified the engine in a major way, like adding skeletal animation and D3D support. What engine improvements did the WFaS team make again...?

They're not marketing it AS a new game. It's a "Standalone Expansion". There's a reason the WF&S section is under the Warband section, and not it's own, unique section like original M&B (even though Warband is pretty much a standalone to M&B).

New games do not sell for $15.

Archonsod said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
What engine improvements did the WFaS team make again...?
Define engine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine

SkyShadowing said:
They're not marketing it AS a new game. It's a "Standalone Expansion". There's a reason the WF&S section is under the Warband section, and not it's own, unique section like original M&B (even though Warband is pretty much a standalone to M&B).
Yeah, that's how Warband started out as well. Then before we knew it it'd suddenly become a 'sequel'.

New games do not sell for $15.
Depends on the game.

Ringwraith #5 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine
I asked you to define it, not wikipedia. Until you can prove you're not one of the mass unwashed who wouldn't know what an engine was if it was tattooed on their ****, it's pointless discussing it. Although if you want to go by the wikipedia definition there's no answer, since the devs have not as yet felt the need to tell us what they use to actually develop the game, let alone any changes they may have made to it.

Well actually I don't have and never have had any intention of jumping through your hoops, hence the link. I think it's obvious from your last two posts that you're just dodging the question, because you know just as well as I do that the answer to it is "none whatsoever".

There are a few changes. Go away and find out what an engine is, play the game and find out for yourself. They're not difficult concepts, even you should be able to manage them. I can't be arsed to make up for deficits in your knowledge, and quite frankly I got bored of your usual crabbit whining around two years ago. So I'd be much obliged if you'd just get all your butthurt out now in one post so we can do the usual exchange of insults and get on with more enjoyable activities such as playing the damn thing.

MadocComadrin said:
Is it just me or are the weapon proficiencies in multiplayer a lot lower?

A lot of the weapon speeds seem lower on the actual weapon stats if that is what you are referring to.

Archonsod said:
There are a few changes. Go away and find out what an engine is, play the game and find out for yourself. They're not difficult concepts, even you should be able to manage them. I can't be arsed to make up for deficits in your knowledge, and quite frankly I got bored of your usual crabbit whining around two years ago. So I'd be much obliged if you'd just get all your butthurt out now in one post so we can do the usual exchange of insults and get on with more enjoyable activities such as playing the damn thing.
If you're not enjoying our little discussion, I fail to see why you're still participating in it. As for butthurt, I've already addressed that as well. You still haven't answered my question, so I take that as agreement with my assessment.
Oh, and for the record? Your dismissive attitude is not any more impressive than it was two years ago either.

Is this the thread to ask how the Academy system works exactly?

Bonuses, limits, that sort of thing - sent all my companions off to verious places but I only saw increases in a few place. That they didnt level implies that this can be done over and over?

Couple of questions:

First, can I get a double-barrelled pistol in the game? I remember someone mentioning it in a review or preview or something, something like "nice custom double-barrel pistol." If I can get one, how can I get one?

Second, how does recruiting from the commander in a city work? I went to him, paid my money for some blokes, but I don't have those blokes in my party. Do I have to wait around for them?

Does anyone know how to open the cheat menu? I want to see if I can pull items out of the game like in warband, but "cheatmenu" doesn't seem to work in the command lines.. I also tried turning cheats on by selecting it in the configuration when you open the game, but that doesn't give you many options at all! So I'm thinking there are different commands?

Vilemk0 said:
Does anyone know how to open the cheat menu? I want to see if I can pull items out of the game like in warband, but "cheatmenu" doesn't seem to work in the command lines.. I also tried turning cheats on by selecting it in the configuration when you open the game, but that doesn't give you many options at all! So I'm thinking there are different commands?
Configure at launch menu, then tick include cheats, then ctrl x in inventory and character and ctrl f4 and f5.

qgang1 said:
are there any cheats yet you guys know? :???:

[/quote]
Aethelbert said:
Vilemk0 said:
Configure at launch menu, then tick include cheats, then ctrl x in inventory and character and ctrl f4 and f5.

Back
Top Bottom