With fire and sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Jenbu

Sergeant Knight
awesome eyh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGINp5NNQoQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.gamereactor.no/grtv/?id=10035

some more info if you like that

OH BOY OH BOY Mount and Blade. New expansion, set in 1653, has muskets.

Called “With Fire and Sword”.

You’re a mercenary leader, you can either make an alliance or “go at it alone in this chaotic time.” Enhanced siege mechanics. Bribe a guard to open the door, use gunpowder, or poison the food supply during sieges, if you’d like. New MP mode: “captain” mode where you bring in soldiers, if I heard him correctly–from the campaign, and duke it out with other players. Seven new multiplayer maps, thank god. Footage now being shown.

Mostly familiar combat footage of cavalry combat, but holy hell, did that horse just jump? I hope that’s a new animation–one of the riders leaped his horse over an obstacle. Really, really cool to see muskets and matchlock pistols in M&B, it totally suits the slow style of the archery. Noticed some new, very colorful skyboxes in there as well. Very curious about the total size of this expansion–it seems less significant than Warband. Out Spring 2011.

I'm with the enraged person who commented on the fact that there is no combat in the trailer.

That is mount and blades most... brilliant feature, shouldn't it be put in the trailer?

from a few polish players, it was released years ago in poland.

Watch this video for game play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1NoryNHMfA&feature=related

Mr Mohawk said:
I'm with the enraged person who commented on the fact that there is no combat in the trailer.

That is mount and blades most... brilliant feature, shouldn't it be put in the trailer?
This is what I said when someone showed me the trailer earlier too. Awful way to sell a game, show off none of its strong points.

After seeing that gameplay video I can see why they didn't show it though. Looks worse than most player-created mods. They even use the original ghastly M&B swing animations *shudder*

I may be wrong but it looks like the original release was based on Mount and Blade and the new release looks like it will be Warband which is a massive improvement.

It says it has multiplayer and the graphics look improved over the original version.

Doesn't seem like there are enough changes there to warrant paying full price for this. I guess in an environment with such a strong moding community you can't just hash out a few new assets and menu options and expect people to fork over cash, you have to do more than that.

Reapy said:
Doesn't seem like there are enough changes there to warrant paying full price for this. I guess in an environment with such a strong moding community you can't just hash out a few new assets and menu options and expect people to fork over cash, you have to do more than that.
I agree.

Gaunt said:
I may be wrong but it looks like the original release was based on Mount and Blade and the new release looks like it will be Warband which is a massive improvement.

It says it has multiplayer and the graphics look improved over the original version.
I read it that way as well.

Reapy said:
Do we even know what the price is going to be yet? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Overall I think it could be interesting, though we have very little information so far.

I have to say I'm not that interested, lore and story isn't what made me want to buy M&B and Warbands, it's not what is going to make me buy this expansion, unless it also adds real innovative mechanics for the combat.

Wheem said:
Overall I think it could be interesting, though we have very little information so far.

Go to http://www.taleworlds.com click on the window that says with Fire and Sword (Other Games section, at the right).
There is even the troop trees, weapons, MP Game modes... etc.

Altough this may give some additional posibilities for modders, there is nothing really interesting. But theres a couple of features that werent moddable (or at least, they werent done yet) like equipment for the troops.

But there is no mention for the possibility to create your own kingdom:
The player is able to join one of the 5 battling factions, fight as a mercenary and bring his faction to dominate Europe.

Time to worry?

BTW, if this have a good price, sounds good. If not... oh well.

Wezyk said:
In my opinion is just another way to earn money selling mod for Warband . And yes in Poland this game has been already released .
No it hasn't...that's the old one for M&B... 

Well it looks good on the screenshot provided. But I'm not that impressed. Just look on the Swedish Coat of Arms, does it looks like something Gustaf II Adolf would have had? No! It's the dynastic weapon of hte french Bernadotte family in the middle, and thus are we some hundred years away from being historical correct

Wealthy, neutral, and ever powerful, The Kingdom of Sweden patiently waits to conquer the losing side of the Russian Polish conflict with an army of dreaded dragoons and musketeers.
Do they know nothing of Swedish history? Wealthy, not that much.... Neutral, definitively not in that century.... And last Powerful, sure maybe they were powerful for some but not against the larger nations of that time. They had a modern army though, but had to rely greatly on mercs.

I played this game - the russian version.

I liked it. Obivously not as much as Warband overall but in some ways this is a lot deeper and more fun than warband. The game has a great atmosphere, gunpowder warfare is something to look at, I will tell you that, but it's just not my type.

Back
Top Bottom