With Fire and Sword 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

If Sich are interested I have a few ideas for future games: how about "Oliver Twist 2: The Battle for Stalingrad" ?

Seriously, what do pirates in the caribbean have to do with fire & sword ?

"Seriously, what do pirates in the caribbean have to do with fire & sword ?"
They are both set in the same era, with very similar modes of fighting, in a time when cultural globalism was reaching an unparalleled level. For example one could see a morion helmet in use anywhere from the russian steppes to california to the Philippines. Both fire (guns) and swords (swords) continued to be used. What do you find incongruous? Why so serious?

diggitydiggity said:
If Sich are interested I have a few ideas for future games: how about "Oliver Twist 2: The Battle for Stalingrad" ?

Shhhhhsh before they notice

Dr Funk said:
"Seriously, what do pirates in the caribbean have to do with fire & sword ?"
They are both set in the same era, with very similar modes of fighting, in a time when cultural globalism was reaching an unparalleled level. For example one could see a morion helmet in use anywhere from the russian steppes to california to the Philippines. Both fire (guns) and swords (swords) continued to be used. What do you find incongruous? Why so serious?

In case you missed this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_Fire_and_Sword
Take Les Misérables and stick it in Japan for instance. Just sounds weird, that's all

"In case you missed this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_Fire_and_Sword
Take Les Misérables and stick it in Japan for instance. Just sounds weird, that's all."

I am familiar with Ogniem i Mieczem, I read the English translation to the first of the Deluge last spring. I've just got this strange hunch, though, that instead of proposing a continuation à la Toy Story 2 of the polish 18th century novel trilogy where a newly wed Skrzetuski goes off to the Caribbean to be a pirate, they may actually be referencing this game that they made not long ago loosely set in the context of these novels, which itself was primarily concerned with events outside of the novel Ogniem i Mieczem. But that is too far a stretch of the imagination, so why don't you propose an alternative name to the developers for their English speaking audience so there will be no confusion. Something more epic and intriguing, like "pirate mod."

YourStepDad said:
a Toy Story 2 of the polish 18th century novel trilog

17th.*

Big difference.
Actually shouldn't I have said 19th century? I always confuse the whole 18th century vs 1800's thing. Regardless, my question still stands as to what would be a better name if people don't like WFAS 2.

carheader.jpg

...Some news in this Q&A on Snowbird Game Studio Forum:...
Hi guys!

Recently we asked people at TW forums give us a few questions about "Caribbean!" for a Q&A session. Here's what we got:

SJ1JM.jpg

1.When does it come out and how much will I have to pay for it?

At the moment we’re planning to release the game in February 2013. Price is not decided yet but most likely it’ll be something around $15.

2.How do I join the beta?

Just send us a mail with submission. We’ll start accepting them in the second half of November.

3.I’m interested in how different would multiplayer ship battles be compared to the ones in singleplayer.

The main problem with boarding synchronization is when there are more than two players fighting. Other than that there are no substantial differences.

4.Will we be able to find full plate armors in the game? Such as one from the artistic piece shown in video?

Yes,sure. We strictly follow the “fun before realism” principle that was formulated by Sid Meier back in the days. Not quire sure if it was exactly him but surely one of the most respectable people in the industry who can be referred to for explaining why full plate armored men can be in the game about the pirate era. Why? Because it’s cool, that’s why! J

5.Are you able to put a number on server player limits yet? Will it be somewhere in between Warband and Napoleonic Wars?

We didn’t test the player limit yet. But just for the record, like Napoleon (the real one) we’re really fond of big battalions.

6.Naval combat during the pre-boarding stage functions as though the player him/herself was the ship, correct? (rather than running around on the deck in first person)

If you’re asking about possibility to run on the ship’s deck during the fight then initially we had the player controlling the ship when he walked up to the steering wheel. You could watch the ship from outside or from your character’s point of view. Later we removed this option as performance had dropped significantly. Still, the player can shoot from cannon himself before boarding starts, he’ll have time for that.

7.Once a boarding action takes place (I assume we go first or third person then?), what are the objectives? Do we need to kill the entire crew, occupy some part of the ship, or what?

In the working build we have right now there’s only one goal which is “kill them all”. We’re thinking of another option – capturing control points. Not sure if it’ll add something to the fun element but we’ll see.

8.If we capture more ships than we have available commanders for, do we get the option to scuttle one of our current ships and keep a captured one instead?

Yes, of course. Player chooses what he wishes to do with a ship. Make it your flagship, sink it, add it to the squadron or delete the old ship and keep the captured new one.

9.Should a player gain control of a town, are we able to store extra ships there?

It’s a good question and could be a great feature, we’ll think about that. For now a player can only captures towns like in original M&B.

10.Will there be hidden treasures and maps?

Absolutely.

11.Apart from the factions already mentioned in interviews, what kind of parties will the player meet? Deserters, bandits etc.? And is there any option to recruit or join these; or other interactions with them?

Some small forces of buccaneers and bandits will be on the map, that’s for sure. Interaction with them boils down to mutual murder attempts. It’s quite a dangerous area, yes.

12.With Fire and Sword had several storylines. Will Carribean also have this, or will it be closer to Warband with free-roaming, do what you like?

We completely switched to sandbox. Yes, four years ago we though that lack of plot really M&B and we hoped that WFAS would fix this. And, you know, we changed our mind about this. Strict storyline quests and dynamic open world don’t get on well. Bugs in WFAS story campaigns not only show that we’re a bit mentally challenged but, probably, also the engine’s inability for long story lines adaptations. We can try doing some small quests or chains of 3-4 quests though.

13.Will you actually call the game 'With Fire and Sword 2: Caribbean'? (Seeingasithasnothingtodowiththenovel)

«With Fire & Sword 2» is our working title. Mostlikelythefinaltitlewillbe«Caribbean!».

14.Will you be releasing another patch for the first WFAS? I recall you saying you are working on it.

Nobody could ever force us to promise that we’d release a patch for WFAS but we will really try to do that before «Caribbean!» release.

ATTENTION !
...Email where to send betatesting apply is not available at the moment, as dev said here:...
Imper1um said:
Of course it's e-mail, sorry :smile: We'll announce a separate one for the beta.

N.B.B.:...here you'll find original tread:...
http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/caribbean-%E2%80%94-q-a.19/

ciauz^^,
Jab

This gives me orgasms, specially when i read "sea battles".
Woooooooow...
I wonder what it will feel like play it listening to alestorm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROhsZayay-Q

carheader.jpg

...OPEN BETATESTING APPLICATIONS, here you'll find info to join:...
Caribbean! — beta preparations

mb_warband-2012-05-17-17-44-10-901-1024x755.jpg

We’re now starting to accept applications of players who wish to take part in the upcoming Caribbean! beta testing for the community which will probably start in early December.

In order to partake in the beta please send us your nick on the forums and a couple words about yourself over here: [email protected]. This way it’ll be easier to sort everything out.

You’ll also need to register on our forums and leave a message in this thread so that we’ll be able to reach you later with instructions. You can just post there when you sent us a mail :smile:

Those who got in touch with us earlier don’t need to do it again, you’re already listed, though you’ll need to send a nickname you’re using here.

Thanks for you help in advance!

N.B.:...here the news on official blog:...
http://snowbirdgames.com/?p=544&lang=en#

ciauz^^,
Jab

thats not coming along
WITH FIRE AND SWORD AND CARIBBEAN
since the first part was set in Poland and  neighbouring area and was based on novel with the same title
I really dont get the idea to link it to Caribbean , very confusing for those who would think its continuation of the first release
Not on :roll: :???:

Msciwoj Gniewko the First said:
thats not coming along
since the first part was set in Poland and  neighbouring area and was based on novel with the same title
I really dont get the idea to link it to Caribbean , very confusing for those who would think its continuation of the first release
"«With Fire & Sword 2» is our working title. Mostlikelythefinaltitlewillbe«Caribbean!»."
To me that means that the final title will most likely just be "Caribbean!" and not "With Fire and Sword 2: Caribbean!". It has been called "With Fire and Sword 2" just because, well, it is more or less, a sequel to the "Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword".

jepekula said:
Msciwoj Gniewko the First said:
thats not coming along
"«With Fire & Sword 2» is our working title. Mostlikelythefinaltitlewillbe«Caribbean!»."
To me that means that the final title will most likely just be "Caribbean!" and not "With Fire and Sword 2: Caribbean!". It has been called "With Fire and Sword 2" just because, well, it is more or less, a sequel to the "Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword".

Indeed, good sir!  :shock:

carheader.jpg

...Imperium, Snowbird Game Studios's dev, searching for a scripter:...
Imper1um said:
Hi guys, the beta should start prettysoon :smile:

Meanwhile, we are looking for a scripter!

Requirements: excellent understanding of module system. Experience in developing large mods for strategic mode is a plus.

Duties: scripting events, mechanics, dialogues and quests.

If you're interested please send over your mail at [email protected].

N.B.:...he tell us that Beta will begin soon and that all people registred for it will receive a PM on "Snowbird Game Studios" forum...!

ciauz^^,
Jab

Back
Top Bottom