Resolved With enough influence(4000 in my case), you can banish the king of a kingdom and it breaks the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
When you have a great stock of influence and that you are a lord in a existing kingdom, you can vote endlessly for a policy that no other lord wants to approve to bring down to zero the influence of all the other clans. Once it's done and that no other clan, can vote against your propositions, you can kick any lord of the kingdom and you can impose any policy to the kingdom. Also, if the player stacks enough influence, he can dry out all the influence of the king and at the end, vote to expel the ruler clan from the kingdom. You can see in the second video link that the game is broke after this. The clan is still the ruler clan of the kingdom even if it has been banished form it.

Voting endlessly for polices that the kingdom don't want:

Banishing the ruler clan form it's own kingdom:

This should be possible but it shouldn't break the game. Also, to make it harder and more realistic (as for now this is too easy to impose your votes with this technic) we shouldn't be able to vote endlessly for a policy that the other lords don't want. There should be a cooldown for the player before he can create a other vote for a policy when his proposition is not approved by the other lords.

How to Reproduce: Become a lord in a kingdom, give you influence thought the cheat console and then vote endlessly for a policy that the kingdom don't want so that all clans (especially the ruler one) don't have any influence left. Then you will be able to impose any policy or to kick a clan form the kingdom (including the ruler clan which makes the game bug and which is the issue here)

Have you used cheats and if so which: Yes to give me the 1000 influence that I needed to kick the ruler clan. (If I waited a bit longer to farm more influence, I would I've been able to do it without any cheat)

I agree to some degree that its not ideal and or "abused".

But for some of us its the only way to get peace, when our playstyle dont seem to be ideal with Taleworlds design.
Meaning if you are in war and winning - they will never want peace even if you manage to keep 2-3 enemies enganged at once.
And since the design is still somewhat lacking when the tide of war flips and you loose aka you the player just get fed up and stop being the army of the kingdome - and boom all progress built over "decades" in some cases wiped away in days..

Dont get me wrong this is much better even in late game in 1.72 Beta though.
Even now with 20k strength the kingdome will want peace with atleast 1 of the 3 at war with typically on their own, or atleast enough lords that you can flip 100 influence and get the peace.

Ideally they could bring back the mechancis from Warband where you could talk to the mayor of a town to get a quest to get peace.

Just tanks the funs when you are more or less constant at war with 0 downtime.
While war is vital for the game, when its endless/chain-wars it just tanks fun.

So for now that is actually a good mechanics for those players like me, who get locked in eternal battle.
(I mean ppl who just want endless war, dont really have a hard time getting it to put it mildly).

Back
Top Bottom