(With Dev Replies) Development Now Feels Slower than Ever ... Do I Detect Another Code Refactor?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanna say thank you @Duh_TaleWorlds for being an active participant in this thread. Even if some of the answers are a little underwhelming at times this kind of interaction is very much appreciated.

Hi @Duh_TaleWorlds , thanks for being with us here!

I wanted to know, wouldn't it be possible to use the "I have a question" to, for example, build on lore? Or even as a way to potentially increase relations with a lord:

Each lord having a template, they could have their preferences when it comes to factions and even characters: this would be a great foundation for lore, relationship boosts (and thus another reason to spec into charm) along with a potential trigger for quests (say, a character reaaally hates Monchung, he could ask the player to bring them as a prisoner; or they could ask the player to get rid of ennemy troublemakers in a nearby city that are trying to decrease loyalty, or if they are cruel they could ask for a favour: raiding the village of that dude they dislike. You know, that kind of stuff).

Just, ways of interacting with the NPCs.

About the unlimited AI army.

Do you have a plan to let the AI lord play on the same rules as the player or receive a lower bonus?
what bonuses does the AI have in the game right now?
i know of these:
-no mount required for cav upgrade
-10-20 free troops on respawn
-recieve money instead of loot after battles
-free daily exp for troops
what is this unlimited army stuff?

Each lord having a template, they could have their preferences when it comes to factions and even characters: this would be a great foundation for lore, relationship boosts (and thus another reason to spec into charm) along with a potential trigger for quests (say, a character reaaally hates Monchung, he could ask the player to bring them as a prisoner; or they could ask the player to get rid of ennemy troublemakers in a nearby city that are trying to decrease loyalty, or if they are cruel they could ask for a favour: raiding the village of that dude they dislike. You know, that kind of stuff).
The quests you describe already exist (capture rival, raiding villages [this one is currently disabled due to some problems iirc]) or are being worked on (dealing with local trouble makers) as issue quests and are offered to players when they inquire with the lords in dialogues.
Does or does not the campaign last long enough for characters (players, NPC's, bots) to start losing their hair and go balding ?
Due to butterconditioner no calradian has to go bald.

Missed this before
Did this ever exist before in Bannerlord? If yes, why all of these removed?
I don't know. This is long before my time. There may have been plans and even prototypes, but we clearly don't have these features now. However, this isn't really true
Nothing as natural or strategical as his explanation in-game really exists. If a clan has one village raided, it really doesn't matter because they can (and WILL) just travel to the next village and recruit troops, you know, without consequence.
Raiding villages does have a number of consequences such as effects on the bound centers loyalty/security as well as the economic / food situation. These may not be that simple to see for the player (as they take effect over time and compete with other effects that may counteract them), but they are there and can lead to things like starvation or rebellion.

but we clearly don't have these feature plans now.
I guess you wanted to mean feature plans? Because we already know that BL doesn't have those features
Raiding villages does have a number of consequences such as effects on the bound centers loyalty/security as well as the economic / food situation. These may not be that simple to see for the player (as they take effect over time and compete with other effects that may counteract them), but they are there and can lead to things like starvation or rebellion.
This is not related to his explanation though - I guess you misunderstood that one.
He is saying "If Vlandia's lord John Doe's village X is raided, that's no biggie for the lord, he just travels through to village Y and continues recruiting without any consequences even though he doesn't own village Y" - so they are not losing any influence because they just got recruits from someone else's village. They are not "thinking" this through. There is no consequence of this behaviour or any real effect of losing battles. This is not the same as what Lust was saying in that video.

@Duh_TaleWorlds - When is Death going to be enabled in AI vs AI battles? Having it only enabled in player battles has been causing objectively bad gameplay (in terms of campaign health) for months now. There's literally no point in playing a long campaign because your faction and the factions you fight lose so many lords over time while the factions you don't fight grow in numbers.

It would be good to see a proper response to this, as any previous response to this frankly serious gameplay defect has been weak at best. "we need to collect data", You can reduce the death chance from 10% to ~2% and still collect data. You can enable death in AI vs AI battles and still collect data. Could even make it a toggle option for those that want to try it.

Do quests we do for villages give them any bonuses? Say, I bring the headsman drought animals - will it affect somehow the village prosperity for better? Which quests affect the prosperity and which aren't?

I mean, if we have the means to destroy and lower prosperity, we should also have the means to revert it somehow apart from building projects and all that.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarification!

I am looking forward to testing these new (and some already implemented) quests.

On a more general scope, will we get more “personal” quests from lords? Mentoring a lords son could be an interesting experience, for example.

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer the questions in this post @Duh_TaleWorlds!

Do Community Managers know and/or get briefed on what the devside is doing? The fact that guys who are paid to do community work don't really connect to the community anymore besides uncommented patchnotes is THE terrible flaw in communication here imo. It makes me, and I guess most other people here, wonder what the f... they are doing all day long. As they represent TW to the community, that makes people wonder about the entire company, including the devs.

In regards to the campaign, are there any plans you can share in regards to intrigues? They are an important way of de-railing the current "just spam troops and siege"-campaign imo. Besides that, do devs consider introducing a court? I find it frustrating that this feature has not been included, because it really gave you an edge as monarch and make you feel like one in Warband. I even used the editor to personalize my own courtroom back in Warband, that was great fun. With the current system, holding fiefs and being a greater Lord doesn't give any feel of accomplishment to me. It's just "oh wow another fief without any personal style whatsoever".

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to read and answer the questions in this post @Duh_TaleWorlds!

Do Community Managers know and/or get briefed on what the devside is doing? The fact that guys who are paid to do community work don't really connect to the community anymore besides uncommented patchnotes is THE terrible flaw in communication here imo. It makes me, and I guess most other people here, wonder what the f... they are doing all day long. As they represent TW to the community, that makes people wonder about the entire company, including the devs.

In regards to the campaign, are there any plans you can share in regards to intrigues? They are an important way of de-railing the current "just spam troops and siege"-campaign imo. Besides that, do devs consider introducing a court? I find it frustrating that this feature has not been included, because it really gave you an edge as monarch and make you feel like one in Warband. I even used the editor to personalize my own courtroom back in Warband, that was great fun. With the current system, holding fiefs and being a greater Lord doesn't give any feel of accomplishment to me. It's just "oh wow another fief without any personal style whatsoever".

+1. Hang our own tapestry and banners. Have attendant NPCs to do things and most importantly, to scheme!

It would be nice if the Prison guard is more polite to his Lord too. "Yea what do you want" is not what I'd expect from one of my men.

Also, all those guards are facing the wall. What gives? Naughty corner?

They are engaging with the wider, less critical community on social media. Callum (probably) goes wild on Twitter every day with low-grade entertainment. It's a rough job, but it pays the bills.

They are engaging with the wider, less critical community on social media. Callum (probably) goes wild on Twitter every day with low-grade entertainment. It's a rough job, but it pays the bills.

Let's face it. Everyone loves "low hanging fruit" and "quick wins". Corporate ratspeak that's so pervasive nowadays.

@Duh_TaleWorlds , among many other things that are missing (in campaign) and that developers already know, I especially miss the quest in which we trained the population of a village to resist an invasion by bandits. We sometimes fought with the villagers (with wooden weapons) before the bandits attacked. This is really cool and immersive in Warband.

Among many other things that are missing (in campaign) and that developers already know, I especially miss the quest in which we trained the population of a village to resist an invasion by bandits. We sometimes fought with the villagers (with wooden weapons) before the bandits attacked. This is really cool and immersive in Warband.
Yeah, this quest sums up how the philosophy of TW changed:
In warband, you trained peasants for battle.
In BL, you take peasants to battle for getting trained.

Back
Top Bottom