[WIP] MB Anti Cheat

Users who are viewing this thread

_Sebastian_

Punkbuster 2.0
Baron

Introduction
Hello Community.
Since many game servers got infested by cheaters, I decided to write a simple yet effective server-side anti-cheat system.

The anti cheat system successfully tracks hacking incidents, messages admins about those incidents and treats the cheating players accordingly.
It also supports customization via server commands, so you can change many options on the fly or on server startup.

The system is optimized for low workload and utilizes batching concepts to ensure consistently high performance.

At the moment the anti cheat system provides working detection for the following hacks.

• Unblockable Attacks
    This hack works by exploiting an engine bug and is currently the most game breaking cheat out there.
    The hack triggers after the player starts a melee attack, it simply executes the attack from a different direction (which the weapon does not support).
    The engine executes the invalid attack, but keeps playing the animation of the initial attack/direction.
    So it's impossible for other players to block the attack.

• Autoblock
    This hack simply turns on the automatic blocking for the cheating player, even if the server has set it to manual.

• Aimbot
    Temporarily turns on the AI for the cheating player, which results in superb accuracy in ranged combat.
Check out the changelog for more features.

Extras
For more info, updates, the source code and detailed instructions on how to set it up on modded/different modules,
check out the Original Thread.

Support
The Anti Cheat system is and allways will be completely free to use, but keep in mind that I'm working on it during my free time and at my own expense.
In case you want to support me and this project with a donation, then you can do so by using the following links.
Any support will be very appreciated!

Changelog (including pre-release changes)
Visit the GitHub Repository for detailed source code updates.
https://pastebin.com/ymj93GhN

Known Issues
There might be rare incidents of false-positives, this is the reason why kicking / banning is disabled in the current version.
However this can be changed by server commands.

It's all up to the related parameters, which need fine tuning.
In order to speed up this progress I need as many server logs as possible.

So if you want to help with this, you can send me your server (using the aniti cheat, ofc) logs.
I promise to keep them confidential.

Server Commands
Anti cheat settings can be changed on the fly via the server console, or on startup by editing the specific Sample_"Mission".txt.
The commands are as follows;
https://pastebin.com/mqApdTbM

Installation
The implementation requires the server to run on v1.161 or latter.
You can download the required file/s
HERE
Simply paste the file/s into the Native folder of your dedicated server.

Bump.
_Sebastian_ said:
A new version has been released.
Code:
- Improved the detection method of attacks in order to eliminate "false"-hacking incidents.
- Added logging of hack incidents.
- Logs of hack incidents will now be broadcasted to admins.
False-hack detections schouldn't occur any longer, or atleast less often.
Tell me if that still happens.

If you check the thread on the forge I believe the Ronin server confirmed the usage as well as Dodo on the NW board.

And the bump is obviously a notification of an update?

Thanks for the effort, sebastian.

Ignore the stupid lot, they are only here to make a show of this xd

Nice, Warband has needed one of these for some time now.

Do stick around - the main hack distributors have already begun developing methods and tools to bypass the anti-cheat they believe TaleWorlds are going to use for Bannerlord.

Yet another bump.
It's worth to give the Anti Cheat system another try, also check out the main thread for more info.
_Sebastian_ said:
Good morning.
The Anti Cheat system got a major update.
Code:
- Changed the code structure for better modulability.
- Weapons with 4 valid attack directions are now excluded from the unblockable hack detection.
- Improved unblockabe detection methods.
- Implemented basic autoblock detection.
- Implemented basic aimbot detection.
- Advanced logging of potential hack incidents.
- Improved the messaging system, for admins and normal players.
- Added changeable hack consequences such as kick and temp/perma ban, or just notifications.
- Implemented a warning system for admins which tracks suspicious player activities.
As you can see it now features autoblock and aimbot detection aswell.
Almost everything has been rewritten from scratch and new enhanced detection systems have been implemented.

Kicking / banning is still disabled for now, as I need to gather more information to tweak all parameters accordingly.
Check out the OP for more information.

Thanks to all the server hosters, who still participate in testing the anti cheat system.
You're a great help! (especially your server logs)  :wink:

İbrahim Pasha said:
I hope we can get rid of cheaters with help from guys like you.
Well it's time to do something against it.
If TaleWorlds don't care, the community will...

Back
Top Bottom