OSP Code MP [WIP] MB Anti Cheat v0.8.5

Users who are viewing this thread

AnchorTheMean said:
Also do you have any rough numbers on the amount of players that have been caught/banned?
It's too early to publish any proper statistics, but Napoleonic Wars seems to be the most cheater-infested module.

Beobart said:
Well obviously this is good work and I really don't have a clue about scripting and stuff, but is it not easier for cheaters to change their hacks, if you post the whole code in this quite public place?
The creators of those cheat tools surely know how to decompile module files (it's the easiest thing on earth to be honest), so they would get the source code anyway.
I decided to release the anti cheat system as open source code in order to get many server hosters to implement it.

Edit:
I added pre-release changes to the changelog, so you guys can now live track the development.

AnchorTheMean said:
Gratz on the sticky. Hopefully this will be on TG Arena (maybe IG?) soon.

Also do you have any rough numbers on the amount of players that have been caught/banned?
I'll have a look at the code and see how it should be implemented, to work for the amount of players we base and the current mod already in use.

AnchorTheMean said:
Gratz on the sticky. Hopefully this will be on TG Arena (maybe IG?) soon.

In test's it detected 4 hack attempts, 2 of which were from actual hackers that joined our server (MB_Anithack_Test) to check it out which ultimately lead to them being banned by the system (one by my ban hammer lols). The other 2 were tests from myself and Sebastian.

There's also an early version on Tropical Paradise (v0.4.0 modified) and we're looking to get that updated to the latest. So proper statistics should be available sometime soon.

Et voilà.
Code:
- Fixed admin messages are also being broadcasted to normal players.
- Added versioning to the server logs.
- Fixed running the anti cheat client side would execute server code aswell.
- Removed unnecessary data from advanced logging.
- Added join messages to players informing them about the current anti cheat version.
- Implemented support for server commands, preferences can now be changed on the fly or on startup.
- Tweaked hack detection parameters according to received server logs.

As you can see, the anti cheat system is now fully configurable via server commands.
This can be done on the fly using the server console, or on server-startup by adding those commands to the Sample_"Mission".txt config files.

The commands are as follows;
https://pastebin.com/mqApdTbM

Thank you for providing your server logs, it really helps tweaking the hack detection parameters!

İbrahim Pasha said:
FSE patch can come out any moment and old server files will not be compatible with the new ones.
I hope you can patch script to work with new version when it comes out.

Would take a second to update, though I'll contact FSE and see if we can get access to the patch ahead of time.

Sebastian, given the rate of changes and the growing number of places in the module system where the modifications need to be made, would you, please, consider moving the sources to a version control system (ideally, Git) or, at least, publishing source diffs for every update? This would help servers running non-Native or custom Native modules(*) to incorporate the changes faster and with a smaller chance of error.

Last, but not least, thank you for your continuing work on this.

(*) I would venture a guess that this is the case for the majority of servers out there.

The OP got updated, so it might be worth a revisit.

İbrahim Pasha said:
FSE patch can come out any moment and old server files will not be compatible with the new ones.
I hope you can patch script to work with new version when it comes out.
It takes a minute or two, to apply the anti cheat code to a module system, so it's not a big deal anyway.

KissMyAxe said:
Sebastian, given the rate of changes and the growing number of places in the module system where the modifications need to be made, would you, please, consider moving the sources to a version control system (ideally, Git) or, at least, publishing source diffs for every update? This would help servers running non-Native or custom Native modules(*) to incorporate the changes faster and with a smaller chance of error.

Last, but not least, thank you for your continuing work on this.

(*) I would venture a guess that this is the case for the majority of servers out there.
I added a link to the related GitHub repository aswell.

Just to let you all know that since v0.7 detections have been 100% accurate, two hackers have thus far been banned on Tropical Paradise with no other detection. Pretty safe to say any servers running v0.7 or beyond are to ban any detection they get, as it's likely it is correct.

Jordan_The_Noble said:
Just to let you all know that since v0.7 detections have been 100% accurate, two hackers have thus far been banned on Tropical Paradise with no other detection. Pretty safe to say any servers running v0.7 or beyond are to ban any detection they get, as it's likely it is correct.
I haven't found that to be the case on Ronin. But perhaps I need to do some more research on how do cheats manifest themselves in the game.

KissMyAxe said:
Jordan_The_Noble said:
I haven't found that to be the case on Ronin. But perhaps I need to do some more research on how do cheats manifest themselves in the game.
I can confirm that the unblockable detection works like a charm, without any false positives so far.

Autoblock- and aimbot- detection is yet another story, as it mainly works by statistics.
You can't be 100% sure wheter the player is hacking or just being good, however with the latest version those false positives got reduced by a fair amount.

As I told before, it's all about fine tuning the detection parameters.

The next version will add support for unique treatment and thresholds for warnings/consequences per hack/cheat.
This way you can decide which hack should result in message/kick/ban and when.

A new update has been released.
Code:
- Fixed invalid UID's in hack warnings.
- Improved performance by lowering the frequency of agent checks from 20 to 10 per second.
- Adjusted warning thresholds for each hack.
- Consequences for each hack can now be changed by server commands.

The server commands have been changed, so adjust your server config files accordingly.

Unblockable attacks will now result in a temporarily ban by default, whereas autoblock- and aimbot-consequences remain unchanged(message only).
However you can change any aspect of that via server commands, ofc.

I've merged your anti cheat with GK's version of NeoGK and followed all of the steps towards implementing it, but when I add the server config file I get a debug error:

Starting mission...
Input: limit_grenadier <103>
DEBUG : SYSTEM ERROR!
Input: limit_skirmisher <103>
Input: limit_rifle <103>
Input: limit_cavalry <103>
Input: limit_lancer <103>
Input: limit_hussar <103>
Input: limit_dragoon <103>
Input: limit_cuirassier <101>
Input: limit_heavycav <101>
Input: limit_artillery <101>
Command file is read.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I thought I had to remove the <>, but that doesn't help either. Thank you in advance.

Apply the values without <>
Make sure the server runs on the lastest version, the latest server engine can be found on the OP aswell, Ready-to-use Files.

Last but not least, post your entire code of the script game_quick_start.

_Sebastian_ said:
Apply the values without <>
Make sure the server runs on the lastest version, the latest server engine can be found on the OP aswell, Ready-to-use Files.

Last but not least, post your entire code of the script game_quick_start.

https://pastebin.com/tdUQFfty
I still get errors when I remove the <>.

Input: limit_grenadier 103
Input: limit_skirmisher 102

I pasted the text files into a completely vanilla test folder and everything was working fine. I didn't get any debug errors when starting up the test. For NeoGK, however, when I merged the anticheat with the mod, I didn't get any errors while compiling, so I assumed everything was done right. We're using the latest version as well for NeoGK. Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom