OSP Code Combat [WIP] Auto-Firing weapons mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I posted two new videos, but the quality is too poor to see the new stuff.
  • finished the crosshair
  • added shotguns
  • weapon specific accuracy
  • weapon specific damage
  • decreased AI friendly-fire
  • figured out hitbox lag problem

A little qustion. How do you think you will implement shotguns? Do you think it's possible to make a weapon fire several shots at the same time?

If done for SWC and you had a shotgun weapon it would have to shoot 5 lasers at the same time, with the cartridge count going 5 points lower. In reallistic modern mods however,i t would probably have to fire several as well, but only loosing one cartridge count point per shot.

I already have them in one of the new videos. It shoots 9 pellets based off of double-aught buckshot. If you look closely you can see them when I shoot towards the sky. Also, they each do damage. As for ammo consumption, I will have to figure that out when the next module system update is released. Then I will have the agent_set_ammo function working correctly.

mr.master said:
New version of wb has been released D: Can this only mean one thing?
What free copies of Warband for everyone? :grin:

Yes, I should be able to finish now, but it will take me a while yet to get everything coded and increase efficiency.

ithilienranger said:
mr.master said:
New version of wb has been released D: Can this only mean one thing?
What free copies of Warband for everyone? :grin:

Yes, I should be able to finish now, but it will take me a while yet to get everything coded and increase efficiency.
I wish lol : P Anyways, hope you can get it done :smile: Oh and is it possible to change the fire rates? Would be quite important. Anyways, cant wait for the mp version D: You can check the code which bolkonsy posted for to understand how the mp stuff works. Gimme a call if  yo uneed testers :wink:

You would need a separate trigger for each fire rate. Although, there is a chance that I may try to do away with that and create a way to track each individual gun's fire rate.

Yes, with the triggers everyone fires with the same timing. However, I am not sure how to do it the other way. I would need some extra slots in module_constants.py and some way of keeping track of time exclusively for each agent.

Not dynamically. You need a separate trigger for each speed because you have to set the rates a literal number or a constant. Neither of which can be changed upon run.

I reworked the bullets to allow for bullet drop and better hit detection. However, I cannot figure out how to get the bullet drop to work. The bullets seem to either not drop, take a dive at the end, or spin at the end. The last two are from constantly adding to the angle. Anyways, it is going to take me some more time to figure this out.

I have ammo consumption working partially. Except the agent set_ammo only works on the ammo item, which makes the gun have a magazine the size of the ammo item. I think I need to add a counter to limit the amount of reloads instead.

Thanks, I should have updated it. T have mr.master Beta Testing it now. Also, I have ammo consumption working, ground collision detection works, shotguns are finished, and each gun can have a different fire rate without using multiple triggers. Unfortunately, I have quit trying to add bullet drop because all the calculations get rounded off. Then there is the fact that you can shoot through walls and trees since checking for collisions is costly on performance.

Back
Top Bottom