Wings3D = ****ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Can anyone help me? I can use Wings3D no more.
This was a old problem, it was fixed (don't know how) but it's back >__<.

http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com/topic/7171/master/1/?page=1

Quintillius said:
Can anyone help me? I can use Wings3D no more.
This was a old problem, it was fixed (don't know how) but it's back >__<.

http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com/topic/7171/master/1/?page=1

I don't really get the exact problem. I assume you should just play around a bit with the materials.

=(. This is what happends: When I click to UV-map, it will create a material (with the name of the OBJECT  :shock:) When I click on some other faces and UV-MAP it, it won't create a new matierial, but will save the uv-map in the previous material.

Is there a setting to turn this off?

EDIT:
When I give colors in UV-mapping, the only faces which will get a color are those one in the main view...

2dEDIT:
Screenie:
1291281547-180.png

3rdEDIT:
Guyz... I think I will grab a gun and shoot me dead...

No I get it! It's something  I never really considered a problem.

What about you make a new object (that should also make a new material) You then apply that material to the faces. And then you delete the new object.

There probably also is a function to add a new material directly but I don't know where exactly.

Quintillius said:
Uhm, I tried. It don't work...
When I create a new object (by creating a new cube) It don't create a new material...?

And what if you try to texture this new object?

Quintillius said:
A new cube/object works. But that's no fix.

EDIT:
Re-install didn't work... It seems Wings3D have some hidden cookies. >__<

Why wouldn't that work? Now you can just change the material of the faces to the material that has ben created ve the new object (which you can delete afterwards.)

Because, when I want try to open its uv-map, I don't see my own image... Only that alfabet or white.

EDIT:
Video:
http://www.mediafire.com/?so2atgaxn30gx1d

Btw if I am not clear... I want more than one image on a material.

You can change that by adding the image to the material you are using.

You can't have more then one image on a material. What you should do is just make the faces you want to have a different image to be a different material.

I think I explained it wrong.

When I uv-map, it should create a new material and a new texture file (cube1_auv).
when uv-mapping other faces (of the same object) it should create a new material and texture file again (cube1_auv2)

The problem is: I don't get new materials/textures.

Make a new object (and you get a new material) Then apply this material to the faces you want to change. UV-map the faces. Delete the new object you don't need. Add the texture you made to the material.

I don't get a material when creating a new object (cube).

EDIT:
I'm feeling so low now..

(maybe you could send me a vid :wink:)

2ndEDIT:
I got it worked to have multiply materials and textures. But when I try to open the uvmap view, it will show me another image instead of the right one.

3ndEDIT:
It seems it works... I will continue this, but still highly demotivated and feeling low. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom