Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Brylanbbab

Recruit
Summary: I have had this problem for over half a year on multiple versions, but about every 3 times I save the game my entire PC crashes and restarts (black screens) and it honestly is starting to feel like a random chance of crashing or saving. I have tried fixing perms and drivers along with a full reinstall on another hard drive yet it still occurs. This is my second time posting about this and it seems if i full reinstall and make a new game I can usually play for around 10 saves or so before this issue occurs again. I have also tried the game with and without mods and the issue still occurs, even on the beta. It is not a temp issue and only happens in this specific game and has been a problem for over a year now.
How to Reproduce: Save the game at any location or time (this includes auto saves), I have tested it a lot and it seems to not be a consistent place or event.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None along with no mods
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 497.09 (Just updated to test fix)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: AMD X570 Chipset
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB M.2 SSD (Also tried on 8TB External)

Same issue, I got about 7 hours into the game and it crashes every 1-3 saves. Not just crashing, but full restart and even blue screened once. Tried verifying, allowing through firewall, updated drivers, turned down graphics etc etc. Watching temps and besides the occasional jump nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes my boot menu tells me theres a cpu temp error but the temps are fine?

Looked through the logs on my event viewer as well and all of them seem to be a Kernel-power issue, which seems to be a power supply issue. Does the game draw a lot of power when saving? If so, then why?

The game uses both the drives and the CPU when saving to make sure the save process is quick. We can't restart the PC from the game even if we want to. It looks like it is a PSU issue.

The game uses both the drives and the CPU when saving to make sure the save process is quick. We can't restart the PC from the game even if we want to. It looks like it is a PSU issue.
I just don't see why it would be just this application. My power supply is pretty new still and is actually overkill for most things.

I just don't see why it would be just this application. My power supply is pretty new still and is actually overkill for most things.
Same, never had this issue with a game before. And we aren't the only ones with this issue either, seen a few others as well. What's your PSU? Im p sure I have a Corsair 550

Then it cant be a power supply issue on our ends because we have 2 different types of PSUs at different levels. It has to be something from the game
I FIXED IT. so it seems that like the support says, they do use the cpu when saving and if your cpu is on the edge of tripping from power input then it can randomly make the pc crash. To fix the problem I reset my bios settings to default (I changed the cpu power input a long time ago when overclocking and it seems it was just barely too high which is why it is a rare occurrence.) I hope this helps you my friend.

I FIXED IT. so it seems that like the support says, they do use the cpu when saving and if your cpu is on the edge of tripping from power input then it can randomly make the pc crash. To fix the problem I reset my bios settings to default (I changed the cpu power input a long time ago when overclocking and it seems it was just barely too high which is why it is a rare occurrence.) I hope this helps you my friend.
OMG you are a life saver my friend, turned down my overclock just a bit and played for 3 hours, multiple regular and auto saves and it works fine! Thank you thank you thank you.

OMG you are a life saver my friend, turned down my overclock just a bit and played for 3 hours, multiple regular and auto saves and it works fine! Thank you thank you thank you.
YESSSSS let's gooooo. No problem my friend, it only took me like 23 hours over the past year to figure out XD

Back
Top Bottom