Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Amrient

Recruit
Summary: Windows crashes and get blue screen when i play bannerlord, This only happens with Bannerlord and not any other game, i tried many solutions like reinstalling windows, validating game files, set compatibility with windows 8..etc; this didn't happen in the beginning i was able to play for hours, but now after trying to continue my campaign i can't play for 5 minutes before it crashes.
How to Reproduce: Open banner lord, play for a bit till windows crashes
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
OS: Win Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19043.1348 (21H1)
GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6GB 1060 AMP!/Mini
GPU Driver Version: 496.49
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Kingstone KHX3200C16D4/16GX 16 GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING / BIOS Version 3003
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ST1000DX001-1CM162[1TB]

Blue Screen is mostly resulting from the hardware and not software. You can try clean install and open the game with the task manager's performance tab to see if anything is out of place.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Could you also try updating your GPU drivers to the latest version available and try again?
We also saw "The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on System (C:smile: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)" log in the file. This can mean that your (C:smile: drive can be full when the game crashed and trying to write the dump. This might be the reason for blue screen.

Last edited:
The driver was updated to the latest already, and i just reinstalled and installed again the lates driver with GeForce Experince; and i verified the game files on steam; same issue happend again anyway, it even crashed on main menu before i loaded a saved game;
But i'm interested in what you said "This can mean that your (C: drive can be full when the game crashed and trying to write the dump. This might be the reason for blue screen."
Currently i have 46.5 GB free out of 96.5 on the C drive, so i shouldn't have this error, Is there a way to resolve the C drive being full issue?

latest error log

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom