Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Teugata

Veteran
Summary: My windows freezes/crashes after closing the game, I can close applications mostly but I can't open new ones, access the menu, use right mouse click on anything or do anything else until I restart my computer. Happened 4 times now after closing the game when playing multiplayer skirmish, it has not happened in any other case which is why I sincerely belief it has to do with bannerlord.
How to Reproduce: Not sure
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
GPU Driver Version: 460.89 (27.21.14.6089)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: Tomahawk max B450
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Intel SSD 660p M.2 2TB

Have not seen any issues like this before. Are you experiencing this on any other game as well? Do you remember changing something that might lead to this issue?
No, I have not experienced this issue or similar problems in any other way before with any other games or applications. It only happened four times immediately after closing bannerlord sporadically (once a week on average?). Nothing changed about my comp setup in both hardware or software.

After the first three times I considered it a coincidence but now that it happened a fourth time yesterday I'm starting to doubt that. My components are also relatively new (a bit over 1 year old) so I also doubt it is a hardware malfunction since it's also such a specific use case.

So basically I was wondering if maybe other people might have it as well or if my computer is just being an ass. In any case I'll keep an eye on it and report any new information here.

I did update my videocard drivers today as they were a bit older and confirmed that I already had all the current windows updates which I did.

Last edited:
No, I have not experienced this issue or similar problems in any other way before with any other games or applications. It only happened four times immediately after closing bannerlord sporadically (once a week on average?). Nothing changed about my comp setup in both hardware or software.

After the first three times I considered it a coincidence but now that it happened a fourth time yesterday I'm starting to doubt that. My components are also relatively new (a bit over 1 year old) so I also doubt it is a hardware malfunction since it's also such a specific use case.

So basically I was wondering if maybe other people might have it as well or if my computer is just being an ass. In any case I'll keep an eye on it and report any new information here.

I did update my videocard drivers today as they were a bit older and confirmed that I already had all the current windows updates which I did.
See if this happens when you exit by doing the below.

1. Launch the game.
2. Press Windows key+D to go to Desktop
3. Press Control+Shift+Escape to open Task Manager
4. Under Applications, look for BannerlordLauncher
5. Right click it and select End Task.

@momo1 I tried that but it yielded no results. I must say I tried it only after simply opening the game and nothing more. The freeze happened a fifth time today after playing captain/siege for a couple of hours and then Alt+F4ing, so far that's the only common factor. I play for a couple hours on any gamemode, then alt+F4 the game, then windows freezes and becomes entirely unresponsive. Windows eventviewer didn't show anything about it this time either.

All my drivers were up to date so that's doesn't seem to be it. I will continue to keep an eye on it and report any new findings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom