Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

That is like the ultimate balance.

Except it's not. Different classes offer different gear options and they should ultimately lead to a balanced game (in a somewhat perfect scenario - i.e. balanced classes and factions). If every class can pick up any gear and have the same proficiency, where's the balance you talk about? If a 60 armour inf with full health picks up a crossbow/bow, how is that balanced compared to the enemy archers without shield and with ~30 armor, where's the balance when someone can literally setup a 4-5 archers setup just by picking up bows late into the round? Where's the balance when you can take a stray horse and ultimately become a class worth 50 more gold than yours? All this would be a bit less impactful in a single-life gamemode, but it would still somewhat affect the gameplay and would get abused extremely, this you can bet on.

With your design in practice, we would see infantry picking up bows and horses way too much, instantly becoming 2 classes. We would see teams abusing horse archers. There's a reason for having different proficiencies or for blocking certain classes to pick up certain weapons. Hell, all it took in Warband was a simple long awlpike drop for cavalry to get double the damage output, this would just be extremely abusable.

Last edited:
Except it's not. Different classes offer different gear options and they should ultimately lead to a balanced game (in a somewhat perfect scenario - i.e. balanced classes and factions). If every class can pick up any gear and have the same proficiency, where's the balance you talk about? If a 60 armour inf with full health picks up a crossbow/bow, how is that balanced compared to the enemy archers without shield and with ~30 armor, where's the balance when someone can literally setup a 4-5 archers setup just by picking up bows late into the round? Where's the balance when you can take a stray horse and ultimately become a class worth 50 more gold than yours? All this would be a bit less impactful in a single-life gamemode, but it would still somewhat affect the gameplay and would get abused extremely, this you can bet on.

With your design in practice, we would see infantry picking up bows and horses way too much, instantly becoming 2 classes. We would see teams abusing horse archers. There's a reason for having different proficiencies or for blocking certain classes to pick up certain weapons. Hell, all it took in Warband was a simple long awlpike drop for cavalry to get double the damage output, this would just be extremely abusable.

Yes, archers should have less armor than cav or inf, I agree. Compensating with a little lower bow skill I would be okay with. If armor is not a perk but instead a class, I can’t imagine a situation where one wouldn’t try to get a better weapon. With one life, and even equal armor values across all three classes, I really can’t see how swapping equipment could be abusable.

I think as people get better at the game spending the time to pick up items except in the case of replacement arrows, missiles, shields, will not be an optimal decision so the matter is honestly trivial.

Again, I sincerely believe neutering the gameplay to stop someone abusing the third spawn option by picking cheap options is the absolute wrong way to balance. Ideally there would be only one life. That should be the biggest complaint about skirmish imho.

Eco cheese is also a trivial matter. If a heavy lancer and heavy horse archer or light lancer or horse archer cost the same, there’s no reason to cheese the equipment.

Tbh all factions should have equal options so that vlandian players wouldn’t have to think of a creative way to counter khuzait horse archers with by taking the crossbow from the sharpshooter and giving it to the cav. These actions are not abuse, it’s the players trying to get around the poor faction balance. Ultimately I agree with all of you. There is a balance issue and tw needs to address it because the game is breaking.

A little off topic but I think something like scriptkiddie packeting an opponent’s ip or ddosing a server is abuse and should result in a vacban and a global ban ingame and in tournaments. This should be enforced by the community. Cheating destroys the game and community. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. :wink: Picking up items? Not so much.

Anyways. I hope the next update comes in soon and makes all of us happy. Best of luck and peace!

Last edited:
. Hell, all it took in Warband was a simple long awlpike drop for cavalry to get double the damage output, this would just be extremely abusable.

I think its absurdly funny that long awlpike was the most OP thing in warband considering that nearly every cav class in bannerlord has a long awlpike that can couch

Awlpike was not the most OP thing in warband. It was so easy to block

It was harder to block than every lance in the game because every lance in the game was slower than the long awlpike. And in any high skill match bumplancing would be the majority of cav on inf gameplay anyway. Can hardly block that.

nearly every cav class in bannerlord has a long awlpike that can couch
Would like to see some examples of this because this is not the intended design. Awlpike is an exclusive perk for the Voulgier. And pikes can't be used in horseback.
Also, if i recall correctly alwpike was an infantry item in Warband, you could give it to a cavalry or just mount a horse to use it on horseback.

Would like to see some examples of this because this is not the intended design. Awlpike is an exclusive perk for the Voulgier. And pikes can't be used in horseback.
Also, if i recall correctly alwpike was an infantry item in Warband, you could give it to a cavalry or just mount a horse to use it on horseback.
What Ebdanian meant is that the cavalry lances are even more op than long awlpike on horse back on Warband. The lances on BL are probably faster than LA on wb and you can also do infinite couches with no cool down with it. That’s pretty op ( the average dmg of lance on skirmish is probably above 200 which is ridiculously insane)

Just because it excels at cav doesn't mean its the most OP weapon in the game. Its dog**** in hand to hand
Thats why eb said Long Awlpike is the most op weapon when used on horse. And it’s true. The most op weapons for pubs servers are probably Great Lance and warbow but for comp it’s without a doubt long awlpike

Thats why eb said Long Awlpike is the most op weapon when used on horse. And it’s true. The most op weapons for pubs servers are probably Great Lance and warbow but for comp it’s without a doubt long awlpike
I know, but i wanted to clarify it more that its a good weapon on cav, but it isn't great at all on foot.

Couch lancing is broken and far too easy. It was fine on Warband, with a high-reward but high risk and long cooldown, ease of teamkill and ease of getting it stopped instantly by a single spear followed by your own death. You'd generally avoid doing it unless you were a total newb.

On the other hand, thrusting a lance manually without couching it is a pain in the ass in Bannerlord. It's hard to know where it'll go, if it'll deal the expected damage or if it'll hit at all.

Lances are bad IMO and are only broken because couch-lancing is absurd right now. Been in a cav group for years so I know my lances.

Main Hot-Fix

Versions
Native: e1.4.1
SandboxCore: e1.4.1
Sandbox: e1.4.1
Storymode: e1.4.1
CustomBattle: e1.4.1

• You can now add multiplayer friends through their Bannerlord ID.
    • Added in-game username system called Bannerlord ID. You can choose a username for yourself under the Social tab. Players are given a random username on login if they don't have one. Usernames should be between 5-30 characters and only letters are allowed.
  • Minor serverside improvements.
  • Fixed a bug that caused 6-player parties to be removed from the Siege pool if they haven't been on queue for 3 minutes.
  • Fixed Custom Games not having auto team balance.
  • Fixed barriers to prevent players go out of bounds or phase into objects (like walls, boxes etc.).
  • Fixed a bug that makes the player able to speak to a notable with "request a meeting with someone" menu button.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when asking tavern keeper for available quests.
  • Fixed a bug caused specific games to be created twice.
  • Fixed an error that caused the player to be able to propose war/peace decisions while being under a mercenary contract.
  • Minor bugfix with Kingdom Decision system.

There you go guys... what more did you want...?

I guess we will need to wait a little longer for the 'patch-that-was-promised'

Already stopped playing the game, how much hope is there anymore. I get the devs are going through some hard times with WorldWarZ pandemic and I know they kinda had to do a release before everyone would spend money on toilet paper. We are not dumb devs we know whats going on, its just ur communication kinda sucks.

Already stopped playing the game, how much hope is there anymore. I get the devs are going through some hard times with WorldWarZ pandemic and I know they kinda had to do a release before everyone would spend money on toilet paper. We are not dumb devs we know whats going on, its just ur communication kinda sucks.
As you say don't play it then. Uninstall, forget about it. Play other stuff. Come back in 12 months or when full release is and hopefully TW will have something to show. If not then you didn't waste any time on it.

I know, but i wanted to clarify it more that its a good weapon on cav, but it isn't great at all on foot.

Yeah but it was clarified that on CAVALRY it was super strong. It was the main meta of WB comp probably on par with making sure archers would get shield drops. It was just one of those things you would always do if you had the option. I mean you know it's powerful when every scrim vs Swad turned into everyone scrambling to find long awlpikes off of corpses at the end of round and cheering if you managed to get to it in time or your entire team sighing to themselves if your cav was stupid enough to get killed with the awlpike out because now the enemy has it.

But yes, the long awlpike did not carry the same weight on foot besides giving infantry a pretty easy weapon to stop cav with and if I'm remembering right it was a good weapon to shield stun with.

Back
Top Bottom