Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I love picking things up from the ground. Shields, bows, lances. Love mounting cav too. Should kill the horse if you don’t want enemy using it.

I already don’t get lances as battania and empire. After getting couched having the option to spawning back as a peasant to kill one of their cav and pick up their lance and horse makes it bearable. Otherwise they can just make it one life.

Imagine how bat**** broken Team Fortress 2 would be if the scout could pick up a flame thrower. Thats Bannerlord. You can always pick things up off the ground that your class is capable of using. If you want a lance kill a cav and pick up his lance. That doesnt excuse Archers on heavy horses or peasants with long bows. Its terrible game design and terrible game balance that actively kills skirmish mode.

I don’t play team fortress because I’m not a scrub :wink:

Imagine playing counter strike and not being able to pick up that m4 on a save round.
Counterstrike is completely different because there are no classes. Everyone is capable of picking everything up because every weapon belongs to the same class. Completely void comparison.

And what the hell is wrong with TF2. Its one of the best shooters ever designed.

Counterstrike is completely different because there are no classes. Everyone is capable of picking everything up because every weapon belongs to the same class. Completely void comparison.

To your point, it does defeat classes. But classes are stupid to begin with. 6v6 skirmish I mean if my toon can’t pick up certain weapons because of an arbitrary class I selected at the beginning of the round then this mode will never be viable for competitive. A mod will supplant it in popularity and results will be mixed because some will choose to stay native.

If I don’t want my enemy using a horse again, I just kill the damn horse. Problem solved.

Also having different skill levels for weapon types among classes will open the game up to advanced meta team comp mind games which will totally destroy the game.

Last edited:
I mean if my toon can’t pick up certain weapons because of an arbitrary class I selected at the beginning of the round then this mode will never be viable for competitive.

The mod that supplants it will certainly not allow archers to ride heavy horses and Infantry to pick up 100damage missle bows. Warband had a successful competitive scene that absolutely did not allow certain classes to use certain weapons and mounts. You do not know what you are talking about.

Have you ever tried to shoot a yew longbow before? You absolutely cannot and you would stink at it without actual training.

The mod that supplants it will certainly not allow archers to ride heavy horses and Infantry to pick up 100damage missle bows. Warband had a successful competitive scene that absolutely did not allow certain classes to use certain weapons and mounts. You do not know what you are talking about.

Have you ever tried to shoot a yew longbow before? You absolutely cannot and you would stink at it without actual training.

Well my good lord, your faithful serf will doth reply. Since I was but a wee lad the royal decree required all fit males to practice archery. My ye olde father taught me how to bend the bow and pluck the string with an arrow twixt my fingers. Every evening I would shoot at a straw bale and I’m sure when I die my remains will show increased growth in my left, bow bearing arm and my right shoulder from constantly pulling the string back ye olde yew bow. This was before I even doth becometh a squire for a knight in doth good lord’s retinue.

Come on. You should concede that the player having access to all items is much better game design for a balanced competitive mode and an introduction of classes, while it may work well for other games, is less appropriate here, regardless of the developments in warband.

Come on. You should concede that the player having access to all items is much better game design for a balanced competitive mode and an introduction of classes, while it may work well for other games, is less appropriate here, regardless of the developments in warband.

Why would I concede when you are the only person on this forum or anywhere else I visit that shares this opinion. The stupidity of Archers on heavy horses was one of the chief complaints on reddit when Taleworlds did a multiplayer thread there.

Serious question. Have you actually played any skirmish? Like at all? Or are you just trying to apply your own personal philosophy to something you have 0 experience with. I have never seen anybody actually play skirmish and come out of it saying "Yeah the way gear is designed is a good idea"

Why would I concede when you are the only person on this forum or anywhere else I visit that shares this opinion. The stupidity of Archers on heavy horses was one of the chief complaints on reddit when Taleworlds did a multiplayer thread there.

Serious question. Have you actually played any skirmish? Like at all? Or are you just trying to apply your own personal philosophy to something you have 0 experience with. I have never seen anybody actually play skirmish and come out of it saying "Yeah the way gear is designed is a good idea"

I’ve never played skirmish actually. Only tdm. I’m not sure how to queue up for skirmish. I can’t find an answer on how to do it anywhere. Are you actually 12?

I would agree I think the perk loadouts are annoying to deal with. I prefer bows, swords, and lances and it’s annoying when I don’t have access to them.

Last edited:
Is this sarcasm or have you actually never played skirmish because honestly the latter would make more sense.

It is sarcasm. Archers on heavy horses would be annoying if you are getting wrecked and have to spawn in as a peasant who has no shield. I think that’s where the complaint was coming from. For someone who likes to play games more competitively than casually, I see this as an issue with “class” design rather than the option to pick something up. Drawing on my experience, it really rings to me like, omg it was so hard to kill this awper and he just went back and picked it back up so stupid he should only get 1 chance to play the sniper role. Where really the issue is the player is really good with an awp and even giving them an option to respawn is op.

Put bluntly, the considerations when there is a class system is too shallow.

It is sarcasm. Archers on heavy horses would be annoying if you are getting wrecked and have to spawn in as a peasant who has no shield. I think that’s where the complaint was coming from. For someone who likes to play games more competitively than casually, I see this as an issue with “class” design rather than the option to pick something up. Drawing on my experience, it really rings to me like, omg it was so hard to kill this awper and he just went back and picked it back up so stupid he should only get 1 chance to play the sniper role.

You are taking experiences that are very very different from Mount&Blade and attempting to apply them to Mount&Blade. You have people with 1000s of hours of Mount&Blade competitive experience telling you that its broken and explaining why its broken. You should probably listen.

You are taking experiences that are very very different from Mount&Blade and attempting to apply them to Mount&Blade. You have people with 1000s of hours of Mount&Blade competitive experience telling you that its broken and explaining why its broken. You should probably listen.

Viewpoints from different backgrounds are essential to any society. The warband community should be open to draw from other successful competitive models. 6v6 competitive skirmish is taking the “hero” character from the sp and captain mp mode and pitting them against each other. Adherence to class system seems like a minification of sp army composition instead of focusing on where it can grow.

I can draw on different games. If, in arma koth, a little bird lands near the ao, a squad can kill the pilot and then a player can take it. If they want to. Not being able to because they didn’t pick the helicopter pilot class would’ve felt neutered. Or an anti tank weapon. Your teammate dies while carrying it. Well your teammate was the only one who selected the anti tank class so now no one can use it and that enemy tank is going to destroy you. Poor game design.

Viewpoints from different backgrounds are essential to any society. The warband community should be open to draw from other successful competitive models. 6v6 competitive skirmish is taking the “hero” character from the sp and captain mp mode and pitting them against each other. Adherence to class system seems like a minification of sp army composition instead of focusing on where it can grow.

I can draw on different games. If, in arma koth, a little bird lands near the ao, a squad can kill the pilot and then a player can take it. If they want to. Not being able to because they didn’t pick the helicopter pilot class would’ve felt neutered. Or an anti tank weapon. Your teammate dies while carrying it. Well your teammate was the only one who selected the anti tank class so now no one can use it and that enemy tank is going to destroy you. Poor game design.

None of the examples you are citing are from a class based PvP game. Mount&Blade titles are class based PvP games. The current loot system completely breaks a class based PvP game. I am simplifying this for you as much as I can. You are asking them to keep mechanics that do not lend well to the genre.

It sounds like you want Mount&Blade to NOT be a class based PvP game. Unfortunately for you, Mount&Blade is a class based PvP game. As you have been kind enough to point out, there are plenty of games which are NOT CLASS BASED. Please please let us try to fix a multiplayer that is currently broken.

None of the examples you are citing are from a class based PvP game. Mount&Blade titles are class based PvP games. The current loot system completely breaks a class based PvP game. I am simplifying this for you as much as I can. You are asking them to keep mechanics that do not lend well to the genre.

It sounds like you want Mount&Blade to NOT be a class based PvP game. Unfortunately for you, Mount&Blade is a class based PvP game. As you have been kind enough to point out, there are plenty of games which are NOT CLASS BASED. Please please let us try to fix a multiplayer that is currently broken.

I’m trying to help by letting the community know why class based mp is not as good. You can instill rank restrictions on your own, it doesn’t need to be hard coded into the game. Unfortunately for all of us mnb is a class based game. It shouldn’t be.

Also I do listen, read, and learn. I know am potat. Just because I disagree very strongly with one bullet point doesn’t mean I disagree with all of them.

I’m trying to help by letting the community know why class based mp is not as good.

And the community is telling you that it worked great in Warband. It sounds like you just want CS:GO with swords, horses and bows. There are plenty of class based games which have been very successful and demonstrate that the system works. When classes get access to things they shouldnt have without needing to pay for it massive balance issues get created, especially in a gamemode with multiple lives. I am telling this to you point blank as a competitive Bannerlord player. Im not talking out of my arse here. The current loot system is one of the key design decisions keeping the game from being competitively viable. Its obvious im screaming at a CS:GO wall so Im not going to respond to you again.

Don't care about multiplayer tbh... Single Player has always been my primary interest since the original M&B. I hope they release the content they showed off and fix up all the mechanics and bugs to make the game play-worthy again. Multiplayer is just Mordhau without the gore and funny voices.

Don't care about multiplayer tbh... Single Player has always been my primary interest since the original M&B. I hope they release the content they showed off and fix up all the mechanics and bugs to make the game play-worthy again. Multiplayer is just Mordhau without the gore and funny voices.

So don't visit the MP forums and crap on people who actually care about it.

SP forums have good company and plenty of players: https://steamcharts.com/app/261550
The great majority of Bannerlord players are playing the campaign. Kinda like the last game except they blew a great opportunity.

Look at the streams at the top and tell me how many are streaming multiplayer? lol

Last edited:
Don’t understand all the sp dweebs that comes to the mp board to say how much they don’t care about mp. Mp players had such a strong community, 8-10 years of playing together easily! The devs said they wanted to focus on both equally, so to me that’s what matters. They never said sp was their only focus, it’s just the niche that the game fell into

there’s a reason Mp players **** on Sp, because they seem to not care for us at all and just wanna see it burn for some reason

Back
Top Bottom