Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

No matter where you work, if you do quality work you get rewarded, if you do poor work you don't.
Yes but you should at the very least expect to be treated with a minimum level of freaking respect!!

Criticise the product, criticise the company, vote with your wallet and don't buy any of their products, cast negative reviews... but do that while showing people the barest minimum of human kindness. You know - like a person.

Axios. I can’t quote you because I’m on my phone, but I’ll log in and reply anyway.

we sipped tea and broke bread for 8 months during the beta. Out feedback was taken as a polite suggestion rather than a “You need to do this or there will be literally only 22 people playing skirmish.” 1 by 1 the people who care about the game (aka all of us) have started putting our foot down and acting a lot more blunt regarding how we feel about certain mechanics. If the way someone’s opinion is expressed isn’t suitable on the forums the mods will just warn or ban that person. I guess my point is you do not need to do the mods job for them. Every time you jump in with a wall of text you are derailing a thread for several pages and detracting from whatever conversation is taking place.

Last edited:
Guess what, a company is consisting out of people.

You are on TW official forum, its more then rude to do that here. If you did that somewhere else we wouldn't really care.
But the company's poor decision doesn't mean all the people in that company are bad. Their decisions for the company are. That's the difference. Insulting a company, composed of people, doesn't mean that you insult directly those people. If you can't make the difference then capitalist society isn't meant for you ^^

Axios. I can’t quote you because I’m on my phone, but I’ll log in and reply anyway.

we sipped tea and broke bread for 8 months during the beta. Look at how the multiplayer launched. 1 by 1 the people who care about the game (aka all of us) have started putting our foot down and acting a lot more blunt regarding how we feel about certain mechanics. If the way someone’s opinion is expressed isn’t suitable on the forums the mods will just warn or ban that person. I guess my point is you do not need to do the mods job for them. Every time you jump in with a wall of text you are derailing a thread for several pages and detracting from whatever conversation is taking place.

Okay Ebdanian. I will admit I am wrong when I am wrong. I am not a moderator - and I would be a very bad moderator if I was one. I don't need to be jumping up and down on every bad word I hear and everytime I do it; it tends to make things worse. I can't fault that - everything you said above I agree on.

However some of the ways we have been acting up as a community are just not okay... and I should be on the same side as you guys. I'm a player; and I want the same improvements you guys do. However there MUST be a way we can get these points across in a slightly more mature way - surely?

I mean take this comment from Yukmouth;

@MArdA TaleWorlds obviously you guys have a lot of work on your plates, and its understandably hard to provide us on a ETA. Personnally what i would like to know is not the exact "when" that things are going to be released, but the acknowledgments.

I think what the community needs to know most is what issues are acknowledged by Taleworlds, what complaints are acknowledged and what complaints are brushed off by Taleworlds (Class system complaints?).

Like if Taleworlds doesnt plan in any way to remove class system, let us know
If you acknowledged that block and swing delays need to be tuned down, let us know
If you categorically refuse, or accept to create custom siege servers instead of matchmaking siege servers, lets us know
If you plan on making Horses less tanky, let us know.

Let us know what is acknowledged by the team in a clear and concrete way, not some vague sentences like "we are looking into the combat system". We know you are looking in the combat system, that is absolutely why we create threads about specific aspects of the combat system like Block delay. "The combat system" is too broad of a statement and provides 0 information. Its as broad as saying "we are looking into Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord to make it better".

Give us some hope to reach to, a lot of us are playing the game reluctantly lately, because we keep faith, but this lack of communication makes us lose it day after day. You do not need to agree with every single ones of our complaints, you need to communicate.

Tell us which of our complaints are acknowledged and agreed upon, and tell us which are not agreed upon and tell us your vision about it. The lack of communication makes the players go wild on the forums and straight up bash on TW, because what else can they do ? It is hard to provide constructive criticism when we have no idea what TW plans are others than super broad and inefficient statements in "Statements regarding MP Vol. 2).

Yeah it's more blunt then I would be and maybe a little provocative but at least it doesn't just throw insults without meaning. Everything about is perfectly valid if harsh.

But the company's poor decision doesn't mean all the people in that company are bad. Their decisions for the company are. That's the difference. Insulting a company, composed of people, doesn't mean that you insult directly those people. If you can't make the difference then capitalist society isn't meant for you ^^

I can see your point - but the truth is it does hurt people Alyss. It's not a very big team; they aren't faceless drones working for a mega-corporation; we talk to them on a daily basis. They are just as passionate about this project as we are... now you might think you are throwing it at an object not a person but I can promise you anyone at TW who reads that will take it personally... How could they not when they both make the game and talk to us?

Yeah some people have no chill at all. Luckily they usually don’t last very long. The mods do a pretty good job of filtering out the toxicity. And oftentimes people are receiving warnings via PM that nobody except the mod and the recipient have access to.

Report it and let the moderators deal with it (which isn't always going to be within 5 minutes of reporting it), there's no point arguing against the person as obviously that not only derails the thread but could cause unnecessary flame baiting from both sides. Let's get back on topic instead of discussing Alyss.

I don't know if i will have hope remaining in my tank if the next patch they release is not severely oriented towards fixing MP. Been playing the game reluctantly for like 1 month now...

Well, I have high hopes for this next patch from what I've heard, but I've been disappointed with pretty much every patch since the alpha as changes have been awfully slow, I've not lost all hope but I wont install the game until I see something greatly improve (mainly combat parameters).

Well, I have high hopes for this next patch from what I've heard, but I've been disappointed with pretty much every patch since the alpha as changes have been awfully slow, I've not lost all hope but I wont install the game until I see something greatly improve (mainly combat parameters).

What's there to come if this patch actually changes nothing? Or the combat gets even worse? We'll be damned forever.

Report it and let the moderators deal with it (which isn't always going to be within 5 minutes of reporting it), there's no point arguing against the person as obviously that not only derails the thread but could cause unnecessary flame baiting from both sides. Let's get back on topic instead of discussing Alyss.

Awfully slow for MP, there was so many significant changes in the single player, the biggest of which being the diplomacy patch that made the game way better, and thus my point for this thread, they need to put a break on SP and do significant changes for multiplayer. They are constantly making walls of texts in the patchnotes for Singleplayer, from the insignificant little balancing changes to the big addition of content (diplomacy tab added now funcitonal !). Everything they've done for MP has been insignificant so far (greatest change being the social tab allowing us to find people and add them in our friendlist...).

Everything they do for single player, they do it in the right direction and clearly on par with player's demands. Multiplayer on the other side, they are going the WRONG direction and are not prioritizing the right stuff. Modifying Xauna map... like really ? It was my favorite map BY FAR. So basicly one the biggest change they've made in MP since i've started playing is destroying my favorite map and remove it from the game temporarily. One of the other changes being some balancements in which 2H CLASSES were nerfed. God save me, i had no idea 2h classes were OP, i thought they were complete garbage since NOBODY plays them on the competitive scene. Sometimes i feel like nobody in Taleworlds actually plays the game, they just look at things "on paper". On paper 2h classes seemed OP, ok, big damage, i get it. But in the real world, 2h classes are the worst of all the classes for any faction in the modes that involves FRIENDLY FIRE (competitive)

ps. please dont talk to me about 2h classes in Captain mode, this is PVE, not PVP.

, I've not lost all hope but I wont install the game until I see something greatly improve (mainly combat parameters).
I know a lot of people with this exact same mindset. It would really only take a few key changes to see the player numbers for skirmish quintuple with veterans flooding back to play the game they were hoping for.

I know a lot of people with this exact same mindset. It would really only take a few key changes to see the player numbers for skirmish quintuple with veterans flooding back to play the game they were hoping for.
this. I will actually consider playing the game when they nerf cavs, make melee the main part of the game (rather than range) and remove block delay. Let's hope that this is before the end of Summer

??? All i read from beta testers is that nothing changed and TW never listened to them.
+1

Guess what, a company is consisting out of people.

You are on TW official forum, its more then rude to do that here. If you did that somewhere else we wouldn't really care.
go back to single player man you are creating even more toxicity and seeing you complain about MOrE sINglE plAYeR is pissing a lot of people off because how little self awareness you have. we have been waiting since launch for taleworlds to even listen to the MP community, and they haven't at all. The single player community is mostly short term low hour players, it really bothers me how a forum warrior like yourself is so ignorant

we sipped tea and broke bread for 8 months during the beta. Out feedback was taken as a polite suggestion rather than a “You need to do this or there will be literally only 22 people playing skirmish.” 1 by 1 the people who care about the game (aka all of us) have started putting our foot down and acting a lot more blunt regarding how we feel about certain mechanics. If the way someone’s opinion is expressed isn’t suitable on the forums the mods will just warn or ban that person. I guess my point is you do not need to do the mods job for them. Every time you jump in with a wall of text you are derailing a thread for several pages and detracting from whatever conversation is taking place.
Hear hear, this man knows what he is talking about, "Breaking bread for 8 months during beta" + 8 years of sitting on their asses.

Picking up gear from any class in skirmish is still COMPLETELY NONSENSICAL and broken.

This statement is nonsensical. People who think this are insane in my opinion. Would not want them at any party I'm at, just complete buzzkills.

Thankfully people like you are in the minority. What you're suggesting would break the game and your inability to grasp this makes me really question your intelligence, but you seem capable of using a computer and internet forum, so, who knows.

Last edited:
This statement is nonsensical. People who think this are insane in my opinion. Would not want them at any party I'm at, just complete buzzkills.

Thankfully people like you are in the minority. What you're suggesting would break the game and your inability to grasp this makes me really question your intelligence, but you seem capable of using a computer and internet forum, so, who knows.

Are you trolling or have you just never played a video game before.

ps. please dont talk to me about 2h classes in Captain mode, this is PVE, not PVP.

Captains mode is just Skirmish with extra units, don't act like there still aren't players that you have to kill, and who actually control the units movement. You don't have to like the mode, you don't have to play it, but it is pvp regardless of what you think. Unless you believe that games like Starcraft 2 don't count as PvP because you are controlling a group of units rather than just one, in which case by all means remain in ignorant bliss.

Last edited:
Are you trolling or have you just never played a video game before.

Oh just a little

fwj2o59.png

That's purely captain mode I have barely played SP

Do you have any idea how fun ruining and stupid and unrealistic what you're suggesting is. Do you have any clue how pathetic it would be as a new player, to see a guy get dehorsed, and think "oh i'll grab the horse" but he can't because he's not the right "class"

This game is so unbelievably good, and the fact that, like in a real battle, you can pick up other peoples ****, is a huge part of that.

Maybe I get banned for this (worth it) but if you don't get that you are a ****ing moron, and god help you (doubtful)

Back
Top Bottom