Will TW do a No Mans Sky thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

h4x1E.png

What happened this time?
Thank Christ. The forums have become that little less toxic now. It was probably that (what seemed to me to be) a drunken rant post which has been taken down now. Also calling other forum members pathetic wasn't a good call either.

Oh nvm I see he's back. Great.

Thank Christ. The forums have become that little less toxic now. It was probably that (what seemed to me to be) a drunken rant post which has been taken down now. Also calling other forum members pathetic wasn't a good call either.

Oh nvm I see he's back. Great.

Yeah the one person who MB called pathetic is a staunch defender of the game and of Taleworlds to such an incredible extent that it really is quite pathetic. Plus that particular guy is known to be a bit of a troll ... so he deserved it.

Sorry, but I'm with Most Blunted on that one. I mostly log onto the forum once or twice a day, then log off because nothing interesting or noteworthy is happening with the game ..... MB adds some flavour to a forum that really is pretty dull.

Last edited:
Yeah the one person who MB called pathetic is a staunch defender of the game and of Taleworlds to such an incredible extent that it really is quite pathetic.

Sorry, but I'm with Most Blunted on that one. I mostly log onto the forum once or twice a day, then log off because nothing interesting or noteworthy is happening with the game ..... MB adds some flavour to a forum that is pretty dull these days really.
It's a video game forum to discuss the game. Not a place for people to log in once or twice a day to get some "flavour" in their lives. You can disagree with someone without calling them pathetic. Not only that but MB is gloating about being toxic on the previous page. It's people like this that drive people away from the forum and more importantly, drives the Devs away from discussion.

You sound like neckbeards complaining about "console peasants" and entertaining toxic behaviour by calling it "flavour" an "entertaining". If ya'll spent less time on the forum acting like spoit toddlers maybe the Devs would post more and they could have constructive conversations, rather than addressing children who are throwing their toys out of the pram every 5 minutes.

We're all pissed about the game and it's state, don't make it worse by f**king up the forum for everyone, old and new.

he is talking specifically about a known troll who tries to rile up people by opposing any criticism, save your virtue signalling for subjects where you know the context
You missed my point entirely. I'm specifically talking about a post he made that's has been removed. In it hes trying to castrate TW in a incoherent rant. I'm also specially talking about how people here are on the forums to engage in focus behaviour as they have admitted themselves above (or flavour/entertainment as they put it). Hence why MB said he was muted for abusive behaviour. Thats my point. Call it virtue signalling if you want. I would call it not being a pr*ck.

You missed my point entirely. I'm specifically talking about a post he made that's has been removed. In it hes trying to castrate TW in a incoherent rant. I'm also specially talking about how people here are on the forums to engage in focus behaviour as they have admitted themselves above (or flavour/entertainment as they put it). Hence why MB said he was muted for abusive behaviour. Thats my point. Call it virtue signalling if you want. I would call it not being a pr*ck.
The point is the other guy .. (that MB was referring to) is regularly a bit of a p***k, (to use your lingo). He enjoys it, you can tell that if you read his posts over the months. LC just likes to provoke. To poke the bear, if you will.

Like Mad Vader said above, he's become a known troll on these forums. Now I know MostBlunted and his posts are not to everyone's tastes. Sure. But honestly.... he's the lesser of two evils here. Most Blunted doesn't take himself seriously either, which wins him points in my book.

Additionally, MB really doesn't need to "castrate" TaleWorlds as you so beautifully put it...

Taleworlds, through the long and increasingly sad story of this game's development, are experts in doing that to themselves. Now, you seem like a decent dude and someone who values civility.... so hi... and nice to meet you. But I'm sorry, you're just wrong in this particular case.

Last edited:
Geez, I have so many fans here I can almost count them on two hands. It's sad to see the opposition so lost in their toxicity that the only retort they have left is to call me a troll.

I just love the game, is that so hard to understand? Does it have problems? Yes. Can it improve? Yes. Multiplayer especially needs more love. And there are features I would love to see added to the game as well. Will all of those features be added? Doubtful, but I won't throw a hissy fit on the forums because of it.

But alas, we are diverging from the topic.

Sure!

If I buy a car, I always think about where it was produced. Totally understandable! Thanks for the insight.
Nissan 240sx's sold in North America had KA24 engines that were produced in Mexico and were known to be utter ****, which is why almost everyone were swapping them out.

What bothers me about this video and the public perception that stemmed from it is that it feels aimed at people who will never play the game. It's a nice story about a developer everyone was dunking on back on 2016, but wow! They had a redemption arc.

Incidentally a lot of people outside this forum use the same language to talk about bannerlord, even going so far as to directly compare them. I've had half a dozen interactions with people which are like this:

A: Bannerlord is an example of how Devs SHOULD do early access...the amount of content theyve added in such a short time is insane. They really pulled a No Man's Sky after their shoddy release.
B: But the game is still broken and boring. Nothing about the core gameplay has significantly changed. Have you played the game recently?
A: No, I'm waiting for the final release. But looking at the changelogs, it looks great!

I want to call this "The Resonant effect". Everyone who actually plays the game finds his sensationalist clickbaity videos cringey, but to a non-player they see titles like "MAAAAAAASSSIVE UPDATE NO CAP FR FR" and assume this means the game is fundamentally different now. It goes to show how much youtube clickbait trends can affect or even manufacture public perceptions of a game.

They're not going to pull a NMS, and I feel bad for people who wait for the final release only to find essentially the same game they dropped in 2020.

I did not watch the video but his voice made me remember another video.

The fall of Fallout 76.

I've laughed so hard at the whole 76 debacle! I knew everything they released would be crap once I saw Fallout 4. They aren't trustworthy at all with anything, in fact, until they get rid of Todd Howard and his trope no game from them will ever be decent again.

The nms comeback story really gets overblown. Even with all it's updates it's still only a decent space exploration game, far from the 10/10 game of the decade the hype train led pepole to belive it would be. Similarly even if bannerlord pulls a "nms" and continues to get updates throught the years I don't think pepole on this forum will be satisfied because it will never be the bannerlord that we fantasied about.

Back
Top Bottom